Maternal & Child Community
36 weeks and no weight gain or uterus growth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am 36 weeks pregnant and went for a normal check up today. It has been 2 weeks since my last checkup and i will be going every week from now on. I have not gained any weight, nor has my uteris grown sisnce my last checkup. The Dr is concerned that the baby is not growing and wants to do another ultrasound. The heartbeat was fine and the baby has been moving a lot. What can this be caused from and what are some things that I should know. Could something be wrong with the baby? has anyone else had this? Ive already gained 22 lbs during the pregnancy.
Are you meaning they measured your belly and it hasn't grown? If that is the case it could be that the baby has dropped. That happens to me each time after the baby drops lower my belly stops growing. I almost always measure small and all of my babies have weighed around 9lbs. I also usually don't gain any weight in the last month. I don't think I would worry if I were you.

If for some reason the baby isn't growing anymore and they should be able to tell that from a sonogram, then they would just induce labor and take the baby. The baby should be fine since you are alread in your last month.
yes... I am talking about my belly measurement. The weird thing is that I am not at all sialated yet. The babies head is down though.
Thanks.... I am hoping nothing is really wrong here.
I wouldn't worry if I were you. Is this your first baby? You are more likley to drop on your first baby. I bet everything is OK, besides you are in your last month. Keep us posted and try not to worry.

this is my second but my first was 10 years ago...
I would definately have another ultrasound done so they can measure the baby.  If it isn't growing they will most likely deliver the baby soon.  Good luck!
could this be due to a problem with the placenta?
I believe it is completely normal. When I was pregnant with my first baby they told me the same thing at 37 weeks and I had an ultrasound and they told me that the baby looked ok, but that it was just going to be probably under 7lbs. She came out, on her due date mind you, weighing over 9lbs! All three of my babies have weighed the same and I have engaged (without dialation) from around 36 weeks with all of them and I carry very small...I'm pretty slim, but I put on about 23lbs (or 11-13kg)in each pregnancy also, but none in the last month. Sounds normal to me. But I guess an ultrasound wouldn't hurt...just be careful what they tell you after that anyway, because they were so wrong even after they did my u/s and with each baby after her I was told (I don't think you're having a big baby) HA - how wrong could you get!!!
I have the same problem Im 38 wks and i have only gained about 17 lbs i was small anyway to begin with. at 32wks the doc sent me for an immediated u/s because i measured 2-3cm under what i should have been. Went for the u/s and all was well the baby was growing fine it was just me who was small not my baby!
My friend had the same thing happen during both her pregnancys and they had to do c-sections around 36 weeks and she has too healthy little girls now.
yes it could be because of the placenta
mumwith#4....... that sounds exactly what this pregnancy is like. I have only gained 22 pounds and look like my baby is very small. I have stopped gaining weight too. However, I think my baby will be large because my first was 10 lbs. Hopefull nothing is really wrong. I am sooo paranoid now!!!
Wow 10lbs...I wouldn't give it another thought then...you'll be fine!
I would go with what the ultra sound measurements are they are more accurate.  Also weight wise I am not exactly large but I wieghed about 160lbs 5'6" before I was pregnant. I am due in early December. I lost some weight(not trying) now I just weighed in this last week at 163lbs.  But according to ultrasounds my baby is doing fine and weighs 22ounces.