Maternal & Child Community
36 weeks and now I can't sleep! / How are all those June mommies?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

So, I'm 36 weeks now, and I've been able to sleep semi-comfortably most of the time, up until now.  

If I sleep on my left side, my joints start to hurt so bad, so I roll to my right side, and them my right side (along my rib cage) starts to hurt really bad.  I can't find a comfortable sleeping position... I'm so close to having this baby, 4 more weeks... ug!

Any suggestions on sleeping comfortably?  I already sleep with a pillow between my legs.  

How is everyone doing?  I'm due June 12th but am going to be asked to be induced June 8th.  Not to much earlier, but that's my mom's birthday and I think it would be fun to have her on that day.

I hear you! I'm 36w4d and everything was more than perfect until now! I can feel that the baby has dropped, I feel a lot of pressure in my low abdomen and it's very painful when I try to roll over during the night (not to mention the trips to the bathroom and the backache!) My joints start to hurt as well! So, I'm in the same boat as you are and can't give you any advice:((( On the top of all I got tons of strech-marks just around my knees... (but none on my stomach:). And exactly when I was thinking it can't get worse, I got a hemroid-a very, very painful one! I'll talk to my doctor tomorrow, but has anyone used 'Preparation-H' (the gel)? Is it any good?

Right now every movement is a big pain. My stomach is so big and so low that I can barely sit in the car and I can't even enjoy my tv shows because the coach seems so uncomfortable. I'm just counting the days and praying he'll come out early. I'm sure as soon as I see him, I'll forget about all the pain!

I forgot to mention-my dd is June 7th.

May 31st-oh, you're so lucky!!! Only 2 weeks to go! I have 3 weeks assuming he won't get stubborn at the end:)
HI! Sorry-  I wish I had some advise for you but I don't. I've been sleeping with a body pillow for months now and that seamed to help until about 2 weeks ago. I'm now 34w2d and the last 2 weeks I'm up all night trying to get comfortable. Is anyone else on bedrest? I was in the hospital Friday with lower abd.pressure- they did a non-stress test  and I  was told I had 10 contractions in about an hour (I wasn't feeling all of them)- anyway I was put on bed rest and started on Brethamine three times a day. Well- good luck to all you mommies!!  pretty soon we'll have our babies!!
Hi I'm due June 9th and I'm having the same problem.  If I lay on either side too long my hips start to ache.  I end up in the recliner a lot of nights.  I'm going to be induced May 31 because my last two babies were big--I can't wait.  Good Luck and hang in there.
I am 35 weeks today, went into premature labor last Thursday, they gave me meds to stop the contractions per the peditricans request.  He checked me today, I have thinned out some more, but then the bad news came....she has turned breech again.  She was just at a -3 station the other day when I was in labor, they could feel her head, and now she is breech again, what in the world???  He is talking c-section, but I hope she will flip one more time, b/c they don't think I am going to go much longer anyway.  I am up for inducing by June 7th, but they are going to monitor her weight and as soon as she gets to 8 lbs or so, induce.  She was 6 lbs two weeks ago, so it shouldn't be long.  Anyway, as far as sleeping, I have the same problems, one hip hurts, roll over the other starts hurting.  She has been on the sciatic (sp?) nerve anyway, so even my buttocks hurt.  The only comfortable position is in a recliner, but that is almost impossible, because now my youngest has started wanted to get in the bed with us at night and if I leave he wakes up.  I am just uncomfortable all the way around.  My ribs, hips, buttocks, feet, you name it....LOL, but it will all be worth it, when I get to meet this precious angel!  Best of luck to you all!
oh sleeping is the worst, when I finally doze off I am up again to go to the bathroom, was in preterm labor Friday two brethines and contractions stopped.  but I am 60% effaced and a finger tip dilated.  

I am due June 14, but hoping to go early, I do not want an induction, however they are guessing she's almost 7 lbs already, but I figure she will come when she's ready.  

I have lots of stretchmarks and wearing their fetal monitors made me itch like crazy and I had a rude nurse freak out because everytime I would scratch it would throw the monitors off, I just how we all have healthy happy babies...sooner rather than later.  

I've had the joint pain/hip pain for weeks now.  It's the worst!  I think I will try sleeping in the recliner when it gets even worse since it sounds like it's gonna get worse!  I'm 33 weeks on Friday.

Vannessa:  Good to hear that you're doing so well!!!  Sorry about the "h."  I'd ask your doc about that one.  I bet he can prescribe something to make you feel better.  I actually had my first yeast infection ever last week and was prescribed a great cream that seems to have cleared it up!  Oh, the joys of pregnancy!  Oh, and I agree about switching positions in bed.  My husband has to give me a hand every time I turn sides!
I'm having my C-Section in 5weeks - I'm 33w6d today.  I have had no pain any where as of yet but I can tell you that I have had the weight gain - 49pounds so far with 5 weeks to go - if I do my average I will have gained 56pounds OMG!! way to much.  I better have a big baby.  He slowed down in movement but has picked it up in the last couple of days - at night etc  I pee all the time all the time.  I am not ready yet - i got to pick my crib up and i hope he don't come early :-)
Sorry no advice from me.........I have tons of sympathy though. I'm 25 weeks and already can't sleep! :(
I am 36w5d. I am glad to know that I'm not the only one who can't sleep. I have slept fine up until last week when I woke up with a panic attack. Since then, I feel restless at night and toss and turn all night. On top of that, I feel very anxious at night. My doctor suggested tylenol PM to help me sleep but I want to try to avoid that. I am due June 20. I hope she comes soon! I feel like I am going crazy.