36 weeks pregnant and cervix is completely shut
Hello all. I am currently 36 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I had my "36 week" check up this morning and I was told that I am not dilated AT ALL!!! I know things can progress quickly, but I was just wondering if this is typical? I know everyone woman is different, but has anyone else been in this situation and dilated at the last minute and still went on to have their baby by their due date? I had to be induced with my first one and it took 2 trips to the Dr.'s office to have my membranes stripped and a 6 hour gelling procedure at the hospital just to get my body prepared for the induction a day after my due date. My son was over 9lbs and I don't want to end up with a 10 pound baby.
i am 37.2 and my dr told me yesterday that my cervix is losed too.  This is my third, and I cant wait to give birth.  I sdont think it means anythin, though.  With my second I was closed completely at 36.5, and three and a half cm dialated a week later, before I went inot labor.  You have another four weeks for your body to do its thing, I wouldnt worry about it.  Maybe ask your dr if he thinks that nipple stimulation would help.
I am just the opposite.  I'm 32 weeks and already 2cm dilated.  i'm worried that it might be too early for that, but I know I can stay dilated for quite a while.  Both of my kiddos were just about 10 pounds each and late.
I was only a finger itip dilated when I was induced on my EDD and some women are 3 or more cm dilated for weeks before delivering
My Dr. said they would only induce me if I was 2 cm dilated and the baby was head down and they would only do it after 38 1/2 weeks. I don't necessarily want the baby to come early, it just gets a little discouraging when there is no progress what so ever. Thank you for all the comments.
i am 39 weeks and have been 2 cm dialated since 36 weeks. at least your doctor agreed to induce you at some point. they didnt even check my cervix at all last time and said they wouldn't even discuss induction until a week past my due date! ugh, i hope i don't have to wait that long :o(

good luck to you though!
I am at 38 wks and no dialation yet,  but they said my cervix was soft and short??  Anyway,  I am going for a walk and having some sex tonight and see what happens!!  good luck to all.
I had my 36 week check-up and was not dialated at all and not thinned out or anything.  I went into labor 4 days later and was only in labor for 3 hours before my baby girl was born!  You just never know when they are going to want out!
I am 39 weeks pregnant and after my doctor's visit yesterday I am not dilated at all.  So a little frustrating but he said that we will get her out one way or the other by next week.  I think everyone is different.  A friend of mine was 2 cm dilated at 34 weeks and had to be induced at 39 weeks.
I was dilated 1 cm and 70% effaced at 35 weeks and stayed that way until the day before I delivered my daughter she was a healthy 8lbs and 2 oz....but that was my first. I'm 36 weeks now with my second and don't know if I'm dilated or not yet but anything is possible. I stayed 1 cm for a whole month and still worked and went on with my normal routines....
low... im 35 weeks pregnant i dont know how many cm im delated now... im so excited to see my baby girl... maybe it come out early...
i was 3cm dilated and 50% effaced by 38wks.  I went on to be induced at 42 1/2 weeks, and I didn't get any farther on my own.  I got the gel at 830am and had a healthly 9lb12 oz baby girl less than 4 hours later.  My sister in law, had her baby a week later than me, at 36 weeks.  2 days before, she wasnt even dilated or they told her she was "good for a few more weeks".  Those little angels just come when THEIR ready :)
I am 37 weeks pregnant my doctor checked me at 36 weeks for strep b and dilation it hurt alot when she checked said I wasn't dilated yet but was thinning and at my 37 week check up she said I was positive for strep b had no info on it so I had to Google it myself it scared me worse than not knowing wat it was and she ddnt check if I was dialating at all my first pregnancy and yes everything worries me but for a doctor to have little to no information on something so serious im unable to keep calm about it and recently switched my provider a little late but hopeing to find some closer on the topic