Maternal & Child Community
36 weeks pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

36 weeks pregnant

hi all i am currently 36 weeks pregnant and my private parts feel funny its weird it feels like its a dull throbbing sensation has anyone else ever experienced this befor and no what it is i didnt have it with my first pregnancy.
also my doc thinks i may go into early labour he says thats not so bad as my babys are big first 8lb9oz girl i will be full term 37 weels in 8 days have any of you had babys around that time and everything was absolutly fine no feeding problems ect i worry to much also anyone out there had 2 babys within a year my dd 11 months i had 4 stitches with her did anyones tear again after only this amount of time sorry for tmi good luck to all you out there thanks.
Congradulations! I have felt that before, like an annoying mildly painful ache/pressure. I think it might be the pelvis spreading and extra blood in the area.
Have you heard of the perenial massage to prevent tearing? There are books to show you how to do it, I would start now to give the skin some help.
the what to expect when you are expecting book has a small box in it tward the last trimester to explain how to do it or for your partner to do it if thats something you are comfortable with. i too have had the pressure there. it could also be the baby moving a little lower in the pelvis or even sitting on a nerve that affects that area ,... good luck... my1st born was 1 and 1/2 months early... she went home with me like normal did have problems breast feeding but i pumped for two weeks till my milk dried up... when she was switched to formula she had to be on enfamil prosoybe it was easier on her stomach but other than that she is fine and 7 years old now.
i had a niece born at 36 weeks d/t low afi.  she went home with my sister as any normal baby. no issues. and actually was bigger than either of my full term babies.