Maternal & Child Community
37 weeks, baby still flipping around

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

37 weeks, baby still flipping around

I'm almost 37 weeks, and every few days, I'm still feeling my baby flip around completely in my stomach!  Like, going from head down to head up, laying sideways, all kinds of crazy positions.  The reason it's worrying me is because I don't remember this with my first pregnancy, in which case my son was in the head down position from 34 weeks on, which I think should certainly be the case with this one since I'm almost 37 weeks.  Also, when she does this, my belly gets completely lopsided, not just a butt sticking out but i can see the whole outline of my baby side to side.  I'm going to talk to my dr about this on Thursday but I was wondering if anyone else so far along was experiencing anything like this?  It doesn't seem normal to me...
Hi there, my DS was 8 lbs. 11 oz. my; my DD was 6 lbs. 12 oz.  He could only stretch by birth, with her however...he left everything all ready for her to have plently of room.  She danced until the day she was born, up and down...side to side, she never actully lodged head down, she was born at 38 1/2 weeks and I think I just got lucky that she wasn't breech.  I could feel her head and her feet it was truly amazing.  Good luck and try not to worry, she's probably just small and really using her space wisely.  After all she is a woman and for the rest of her life, she will most likely never sit still :)
Your uteus is not as tight as it used to be, the baby will continue to move all around, mine never dropped until I went into labor.
I'm about as far along as you are.  I could swear this child is having a party inside me.  

I had a baby 11 months ago and she did the same thing up until I delivered her.  
My second baby didn't get into position until the day before I went into labour.
thank you all for your responses, it makes me feel so much better to know this has happened to other people.  It never even occured to me that it might be because I'm already stretched out from the first one :)
I am 36 weeks pregnant with my second child. He continues to move around constantly, like he is having a blast. My first child did not move around that much, the entire time I was pregnant with her.

I started thinking that my baby was laying sideways, because there is always a lump on one side, like it is his bottom. So, I had my checkup today, and after having my cervix check for dialating (no such luck), am happy to say that the doctor could feel his head. So, he is head down. Try not to worry. He still has plenty of time to turn, if he hasn't already. I have heard of babies not turning until the last minute.

Hope this helped.. Good luck!