37 weeks and 75% effaced, 1cm dialated???
I saw my midwife today and she said I was already 75% effaced and 1cm dialated. What are the chances of my little one coming before her due date on Oct 31? I will be 37 wks on Wed. Does this stuff really mean anything or is it just something like a marker on how pregnancy is progressing toward labor? This is our first and I am SO EXCITED but dont want to get my hopes up for an early or on time delivery. Every female in my family has been 2wks overdue and had to be induced so of course they are telling me that will happen to me. I am cramping in my lower abdominal region and lower back constantly and dont think I will hold on until the middle of Nov, thats for sure. Any experiences or comments would be so appreciated. Ive been here but havent been posting, congrats to all the latest deliveries and BFPs!!!
Hard to say.  You can be dilated for several weeks and not go into labor.  
I agree with the above poster. I had a friend who recent was 2cm for almost a month maybe even longer. She would get so sick of hearing at every doctor appointment that she still hadn't dilated anymore and she ended up being a week late. It all just depends.
CYW
i was 1 cm dilated since 36 weeks...at my 40 week appt i was 2 cm 50% effaced.. i went a week overdue and was induced..let me tellu it sucked so...the doctor kept telling me my baby would be early but he could not decent properly because of the cord around his neck twice....when i delivered the doctor said hence thats what he suspected...so it all depends really...
You're making progress which is great and it just means you have that much less work to do when the big day finally arrives.  However, it may not mean that you'll see the big day before your due date.  I was 2cm, 80% effaced at 36 weeks and stayed there until after my due date when I finally had the midwife strip my membranes.  I was sure I was going to have my DS before our due date and was so frustrated when it didn't happen.  So be ready for anything!  Best wishes for a healthy delivery!!!
I was 1cm dilated since 27wks and 90% effaced and now ill be 40wks this friday and being induced on friday aswell. Im still 90% effaced, and only 1 1/2cm dilated. The drs swore i wouldnt make it past 34wks prego but now look at me. I think my little one got too comfortable,lol.. Best wishes to you and baby!
I was 1cm and 80% for 3 weeks and had my membranes stripped twice before I finally went into labor at 40 weeks, 2 days!
Thank you guys, I figured it was something like that. I will just keep waiting and hope I dont have a 12 pounder like my sister did.
I was 2 cms dilated at 37 weeks and didnt havy my son until I was 39 weeks 4 days.Sorry to say, but it can take awhile.Trust me, I know how impatient you are!!