Maternal & Child Community
37 weeks and diarrhea

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

37 weeks and diarrhea

I am 37 weeks and 3 days pregnant and last night woke up about 3:30am running to the bathroom because of diarrhea.   Does this mean that labor is soon to happen? At 36 weeks I was examined and I was already 1.5 to 2 cm dialated and 25% efaced but she said the baby was still high up.  I was not checked this week  but next week she will check me again and if I want her to she will strip my membranes to help start labor.   Has anyone had this experience before?
Tags: diarrhea
I had a similar experience as you, but I didn't end up going into labor until about a week or two after I had it.  So, it could be, but it could not- good luck!
Aw, how exciting!  They say it's soon, but I was like the above poster.  My last month was awful, between diarrhea and vomiting.  I also was at a 3 for almost 4 weeks, had to be induced.  Went like that both times for me.  Some gals go into labor soon after though, good luck!