Maternal & Child Community
38 weeks and all of a sudden extreme heartburn and indigestine...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am currently 38 weeks pregnant. With my first son I had extreme heartburn pretty much the whole time. I thought that I had been blessed with this one and opened my big moutht the other night and made a comment about the fact that I haven't really had a problem with it. Well, at 1:30 the next morning I woke up with the worst heartburn and Indigestine and ever since then I get sick from the indigestine almost every morning (luckily in the shower) and I am suffering from the heartburn. I thought that towards the end, with the baby dropping, these symptoms should start to subside. Has anyone else had this problem up until the end?
My heartburn got worse then further along I got.  I had severe acid reflux towards the end and it was horrible.
I haven't had it since I gave birth.
I took zantac and tums.
Good luck!
yup i am 33 weeks and have horrible heartburn-i thought i was doing so great
Hi I am also 38 weeks and I have suffered from severe heartburn thru my whole pregnancy then it subsided about 2 weeks ago and then 2 nights ago it came back worse it feels as though i'm on fire and it sends this awful tingling pain up to my neck that makes me get goose bumps ...how weird...and I have taken all kinds of meds...tums...rolaids...mylanta...it's just awful I hope it goes away or that my little one decides to join us already.
I have had heartburn since day one. It was one of my first symptoms. It has gotten progressively worse over the past 9 months. I eat so many tums a day it isn't funny. I should buy stock in them!! Over the past week or so it has gotten a little different though. More of an indigestion feeling almost.It is difficult to describe, but it just feels different than the heartburn I was having before. I am 38.5w.
Tums are my best friend. And maybe there's something good with that, because I read that calcium can reduce the risk of pre-eclampsia. My doctor said not to go crazy on them, though. Rolaids and Mylanta I think are something else, not calcium.