Maternal & Child Community
38 weeks pregnant baby not moving today help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

38 weeks today baby not moving today Please Help!
I'm 38 weeks pregnant today last time I felt the baby was lastnight,  but usually the baby moves in the mornings afternoons and nighttime I'm a little worry baby has not move all day and yesterday I was reading someones post about a lady's baby died at 8 months.  Please help.
hi there, yes my baby died when i was 36 weeks, i did not felt her moving but did not pay attention nuntill after 3 days (long story) go to the hospital, and tell them that your baby is not moving, he shouldn't stop moving at all, keep us posted don't waiyt go to the ER and let them check the hb.
Hi I'm very sorry is very terrible thing, I read the post yesterday and I'm so scare it can happen to anybody, and the thing is the baby moves alot so for me to freak out like this I know is only a day but I'm going to tell my husband to take me to the ER I'm going to wait another hour I'm going to drink cold milk right now and see.
I wouldn't wait any longer, just goto the ER and tell them you are not experiencing fetal movement.  And before you go drink some soda, or if you have juice drink that over water or milk to get the baby moving.
have you not felt your baby at all??   Not even a little kick or hiccup?    If so, then don't wait an hour....
Drink the milk on the way to the ER.   My doctor says I should feel 10 kicks in a 2 hours span and if not to go to the ER....
Gunners: I've heard the baby is pretty cramped at that stage and may stop moving some but if I were you I'd still go somewhere and get checked out.  Maybe straight on to L&D rather than the ER.  is there an after hours # for your doctors office?  

Nermine:  I am sorry to hear about yoru baby.  My husband's friend recently lost hers in the 8th month as well.  I hope you are doing okay.  Do you have other children/a family?  Take care
i don't have any other children, she was my first, and all my family are over seas, it 18 hours by plane, my dh works all week from 8 to 8 except sunday, i am doing okay, not good, some days better than others and some days worst, it is really hard.

for the original poster, the baby may sleep and wake up in the last month you may feel a lack of movement but not a complete stop, don 't wait, you should go. i hope he is doing good, and he is just tricking you, to see if you care about him or not. him or her?
I am 33w2d and I get very worried when I don't feel my little boy move.  I just came off a 3 week vacation from my job.  I whole time I was off my little boy was like a fish in my belly.  He was always moving.  No sooner I went back to work this week he hardly moved at all.  I was very scared because this is my first after having 5 miscarriages and trying for 14years.  So Friday I went to the doctor and was hooked up to the monitors and he was moving fine.  So once I relaxed and drank some juice he started going.   My doctor took me off of work for the rest of my pregnancy (due to my bloodpressure) and I am glad because this gives me a chance to feel him move and not worry myself to death.  You should go to the hospital and have them check for fetal movement.  Yes, there isn't alot of room to move but the baby should move especially if you drink something sweet.  Hope everything works out.  Take care.
So...what happened???
hi ladies thank you for your help,  Baby moved after 2 hours I posted the message alittle weak movements but this morning was back to itself I jump for joy I was so worry thanks again for your help.  its really hard because for us the only way of knowing if the baby is ok is by movement or when you go to the DR to check the heartbeat.  Thanks again
happy to hear that, u tell that baby not to scare momy again :)) best of luck to u and ur little angel
thanks god nhe is ok! i am so happy for you, don't jump to high you may do something wrong to him, it is ok to be happy but don't jump lol.
I'm 39 weeks and I don't feel the baby but I do have really bad back pain what should I do
back pain at 39 weeks is pretty common. Drink something sweet and lay down. If you dont feel baby move after awhile I would call your OB and let them know your coming in. Its not an inconvience and its their job to ease your worries. Most times babies are just sleeping but on occation its good to get checked just in case, gl:-)