Maternal & Child Community
38wks and having pains
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

38wks and having pains

Hello everyone i have a question for all the moms already. I am 38 wks pregnant today and have noticed that for say the last month my inner thighs really far up hurt really bad its like my pelvic area and i know there are lots of aches and pains during pregnancy and i know this is ok and normal but i just want to make sure its normal and i am not the only one experiencing this. I really notice this after i wake up its really hard to get going (walking) its really really sore. Does anyone know anything or can help me out?
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I don't know what it is, other than the pelvis stretching to make room...but I have the same pains!  I do notice it more when I first get up in the morning too.  I can easily understand why pregnant women "waddle"!  It hurts!  

Good luck!!  Sorry I couldn't be much help!
Blank
No need to worry I asked my doc about it at my last appointment I am currently 35 weeks,and it is just your hip and pelvic joints that might not be aligned correctly due to position of the baby and it is just probably everything begginig to widen and seperate to get ready for the baby to pass through. It is extremly uncomfortable I know for me, it hurts to roll over in bed,to lift my legs in order to put on a pair of pants, to sit down for to long, to even try to walk or stand for to long gets painful  I even have been getting shooting pains in my vagina, sorry for tmi, but I told my doc all this and she just said it is normal and everything should return to normal after I birth. At night I use a big body pillow to tuck between my legs, so it doesnt hurt as bad. Hang in there we only have a few weeks to go!
Blank
123128_tn?1189759427
thank you both very much i just dont wanna feel like i am alone eventhough i know i am not. I really do appreciate it
Blank
I am only 20 weeks and have the same problem and have since I was about 14 weeks. I found sleeping with a pillow or two between my thigs helps tremndously, and it cures alot of the pain! Still, it hurts a little but not as bad, and this is my 4th baby so I thought everything would have been where it needs to be by now, guess not :P Good Luck to you, you don't have to much further to go! God Bless!
Blank
114123_tn?1289630070
It's probably your pelvic bone spreading appart in preperation for birth. How lovely! I bet your dialating and nesting and everything! It takes up to six months after birth for the pelvis to come back to normal!
Blank
123128_tn?1189759427
Again thank you all very very much for your comments and good luck with all of you and god bless
Blank
yep ive had the same problem from around 24 weeks had it with my first around 36 weeks its your pelvis opening up and softening ready for the big arrival i am currently 32 weeks and get it bad aswell same thing atleast it will be over for you real soon good luck.
Blank
Six months huh...I am almost 15 months post pardum and I swear my hips have not gone back.  Obviously they are no longer painful...but they are still wider than they were even though I am back into the same size clothes i was pre-baby.  Same size, different style, NOTHING is where it was before.
Blank
114123_tn?1289630070
Yeah, that was what the doc told me so I figured that was what happens for woman. I was only 16 when I got pg so my hips never went back to a size one, but they wouldn't have anyways, I was still growing!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank