Maternal & Child Community
39 weeks pregnant and worried to death about opiates i have taken.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

39 weeks pregnant and worried to death about opiates i have taken.

first off i would like to say i know it is hard not to judge and i cant blame anyone for being judgemental but i am very depressed and upset about this enough already even though i have ultimately done this to myself. I have been taking oxycodone off and on throughout my pregnancy, i am due to have my c section in 2 days and i took a pain pill 2 days ago. The pills are not prescribed to me and my doctor knows nothing about this to my knowledge, i have been giving urine samples throughout my pregnancy but I'm not sure if any were drug tested or not, I do have an addcition to them and im very weak when it comes to coming off of them, the reason i hadnt tried to come off of them until now is because i was still working and work was unbareable without taking a pill, ive tried numerous times throughout the pregnancy to quit but i havent been able to due to the physical and emotional pain and distress it causes me, I made myself "feel better" about taking these pills throughout the pregnancy by researching online and reading that oxycodone is only a class B drug and does not pass through the fetus wall which im not sure now if i believe, anyway my biggest fear is that my baby is going to be taken away from me at the hospital, yes i am also worried about his health but i havent worried much about it because i know many people who are prescribed opiates during pregnancy and i dont take a high amount of the drug, I just want to know if anyone knows what they would do at the hospital. I began to worry 2 days ago when i went in for a pre c section surgery run down basically, and i was asked to give a urine sample , i know if they test that sample that it will come up positivie for opiates, if they were to test me again on tuesday the day i have the c section i know i will come up clean but ive been reading that they can test the baby and that the results from that can go back months meaning there would be opiates in his system too, I really just want to know what to expect here will i be leaving the hospital with my baby or can they possibly take him from me??? im scared, ashamed and worried to death.