Maternal & Child Community
3rd M/C in 6 months. Baby died at 8 weeks, found out yesterday at 12 we...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

3rd M/C in 6 months. Baby died at 8 weeks, found out yesterday at 12 week ultrasound

Hello all.

I seemed to be doing so well. I saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks, and then I had a normal 8 week check up (no u/s) at that point. I went off my progesterone suppositories on Wednesday per MD at my 12 week mark, and I started feeling crampy. So, I went in for a doppler and they couldn't find the heartbeat so they put me into the U/S machine and the baby had died at 8 weeks.

I am so devastated. I have had 2 early miscarriages at 5 1/2 and 41/2 weeks. I thought since I saw a heartbeat I was in the clear.

Now, I wait for the miscarriage to take a "natural course" this weekend or go in for D & C or medication.

I am so sad and at a loss. I've never felt so empty.

Any advice regarding the procedure/suppositories that you take to induce a m/c would be welcomed.

thank you.
Thank you all. I am coping well, surprisingly. I just am praying that my body will pass the baby naturally. The idea of medications and D&C makes me shiver.
Im so sorry for your loss.  I also had 2 m/c's and found out at 12 week appt.  Did you still have all your pregnancy symptoms??  I had bad morning sickness in the beginning of mine, then everything just stopped.  First time I had no clue but 2nd time I knew.  I go for my 11 week checkup on tuesday and am petrified.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I've had 3 consecutive m/c too. I was 11 weeks when I m/c the last time. I also saw the heartbeat twice and was on Prometrium(100mg) but still m/c. I will be praying for your mental and physical healing. Please take care and if you need to vent, we're all here for you.

Crystal
I am so sorry for all of this.  I too am having another miscarriage.  I never knew that all this was possible.  Thank goodness for this site and everyone on it.  What is the medicine progesterone? supposed to do?  I need to do some research because I am having problems keeping the baby.  I will keep you in my prayers.
I'm so sorry.
I am so sorry!  
i am soo sorry. i had mc this am at 5wk6d. hang in there. God Bless!
firstly i am so sorry about your loss. I had a D&C earlier last year as i had started miscarrying but my body just wouldnt complete miscarrying so my HCG was still hovering. I was given a D&C and if truth be told i was glad to go under anaesthetic and just have this whole episode over with. It took an hour and when i  woke up i had cramping and very light spotting. i spotted on the third day after that and then got a period 6 weeks later. In comparison late last year i had an ectopic pregnancy resolved with a methotrexate shot and that was way more traumatic as i saw all the clots and bled so heavily. Please know that whatever your body decides, you will be ok. All the best to you.
To the last three that commented:

My morning sickness started to fade at 10 weeks (though my baby stopped developing at 8 weeks). I even threw up last week after I got off a plane! I contributed it to morning sickness.

I am hurting inside, especially because I don't have any physical symptoms yet of miscarrying. The last two miscarriages I had started with bleeding. No blood yet.

Progesterone is suppose to help maintain a pregnancy, and I guess it did. It makes the uterus lining stronger, but it obviously prevented my body from naturally miscarrying.

I doubt I'd take it again. It can help women who's baby's were originally viable and the uterus just wasn't right.
*Sigh* who really knows. I am just rambling out of depression. pray that I pass the baby naturally.
words cannot express how is wish i could make you somehow feel better.
I am so sorry to hear you've m/c. I've had 2 in a row so know how you feel.

With my first baby, i saw the heartbeat many times, at 7 weeks my progesterone dropped for no good reason, so was put on suppositries, and everything was going fine had weekly scans for the next 2 weeks which showed everything going fine, then at about 10 weeks, i had bleed a little again, i went in just to have it checked to find my little angel had died shortly after our last scan.

I had a D&C with that baby, and it's completely painless, to which even though the hospital told me they could give me medication to bring on the m/c my ob told me not to as at that stage he said i might not get rid of everything and if that was the case would end up having one anyway.

I've been told recently that babies that die around the 8 week mark usually have heart problems, as that's when it really starts to kick in. Still wasn't any comfort to me.
Thank you for sharing your experiences.  I haven't started bleeding yet, but the methotrexate sounds terrible.

Have either of you conceived a healthy pregnancy after a D&C? I have heard there can be some negative side effects.

I'm just so scared.
I have had 4 d&c because, for me, waiting it out was not an option.  I am scheduled for an induction on Friday.  If you have a decent dr. that you trust, a d&c is not going to give you issue.  I healed well and quickly.  My miscarriages were all for different reasons and all were unrelated to the d&c.

I am very sorry for your loss.  I hope your next pregnancy is successful.
I am in the end stages of a miscarriage right now.  I was given misoprosol in order to induce miscarriage.  Once the bleeding began it has not been that bad.  Cramps feel like a rough period.  I also saw my baby's heartbeat and figured deep down that all would be well.  I had no bleeding or cramping when they found there was no longer a heartbeat.  I feel better knowing that it is over.  I know exactly how you feel with the "morbid waiting" for things to start.  I wish you well.  May we all have a happier outcome next time.
Thank you both for sharing your D&C and medication stories. I am going to call my MD in the morning as natural miscarriage has not started.

Say some prayers. Thank you.