3rd M/C in 6 months. Baby died at 8 weeks, found out yesterday at 12 week ultrasound
Hello all.

I seemed to be doing so well. I saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks, and then I had a normal 8 week check up (no u/s) at that point. I went off my progesterone suppositories on Wednesday per MD at my 12 week mark, and I started feeling crampy. So, I went in for a doppler and they couldn't find the heartbeat so they put me into the U/S machine and the baby had died at 8 weeks.

I am so devastated. I have had 2 early miscarriages at 5 1/2 and 41/2 weeks. I thought since I saw a heartbeat I was in the clear.

Now, I wait for the miscarriage to take a "natural course" this weekend or go in for D & C or medication.

I am so sad and at a loss. I've never felt so empty.

Any advice regarding the procedure/suppositories that you take to induce a m/c would be welcomed.

thank you.
Thank you all. I am coping well, surprisingly. I just am praying that my body will pass the baby naturally. The idea of medications and D&C makes me shiver.
Im so sorry for your loss.  I also had 2 m/c's and found out at 12 week appt.  Did you still have all your pregnancy symptoms??  I had bad morning sickness in the beginning of mine, then everything just stopped.  First time I had no clue but 2nd time I knew.  I go for my 11 week checkup on tuesday and am petrified.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I've had 3 consecutive m/c too. I was 11 weeks when I m/c the last time. I also saw the heartbeat twice and was on Prometrium(100mg) but still m/c. I will be praying for your mental and physical healing. Please take care and if you need to vent, we're all here for you.

Crystal
I am so sorry for all of this.  I too am having another miscarriage.  I never knew that all this was possible.  Thank goodness for this site and everyone on it.  What is the medicine progesterone? supposed to do?  I need to do some research because I am having problems keeping the baby.  I will keep you in my prayers.
I'm so sorry.
I am so sorry!  
i am soo sorry. i had mc this am at 5wk6d. hang in there. God Bless!
firstly i am so sorry about your loss. I had a D&C earlier last year as i had started miscarrying but my body just wouldnt complete miscarrying so my HCG was still hovering. I was given a D&C and if truth be told i was glad to go under anaesthetic and just have this whole episode over with. It took an hour and when i  woke up i had cramping and very light spotting. i spotted on the third day after that and then got a period 6 weeks later. In comparison late last year i had an ectopic pregnancy resolved with a methotrexate shot and that was way more traumatic as i saw all the clots and bled so heavily. Please know that whatever your body decides, you will be ok. All the best to you.
To the last three that commented:

My morning sickness started to fade at 10 weeks (though my baby stopped developing at 8 weeks). I even threw up last week after I got off a plane! I contributed it to morning sickness.

I am hurting inside, especially because I don't have any physical symptoms yet of miscarrying. The last two miscarriages I had started with bleeding. No blood yet.

Progesterone is suppose to help maintain a pregnancy, and I guess it did. It makes the uterus lining stronger, but it obviously prevented my body from naturally miscarrying.

I doubt I'd take it again. It can help women who's baby's were originally viable and the uterus just wasn't right.
*Sigh* who really knows. I am just rambling out of depression. pray that I pass the baby naturally.
words cannot express how is wish i could make you somehow feel better.
I am so sorry to hear you've m/c. I've had 2 in a row so know how you feel.

With my first baby, i saw the heartbeat many times, at 7 weeks my progesterone dropped for no good reason, so was put on suppositries, and everything was going fine had weekly scans for the next 2 weeks which showed everything going fine, then at about 10 weeks, i had bleed a little again, i went in just to have it checked to find my little angel had died shortly after our last scan.

I had a D&C with that baby, and it's completely painless, to which even though the hospital told me they could give me medication to bring on the m/c my ob told me not to as at that stage he said i might not get rid of everything and if that was the case would end up having one anyway.

I've been told recently that babies that die around the 8 week mark usually have heart problems, as that's when it really starts to kick in. Still wasn't any comfort to me.
Thank you for sharing your experiences.  I haven't started bleeding yet, but the methotrexate sounds terrible.

Have either of you conceived a healthy pregnancy after a D&C? I have heard there can be some negative side effects.

I'm just so scared.
I have had 4 d&c because, for me, waiting it out was not an option.  I am scheduled for an induction on Friday.  If you have a decent dr. that you trust, a d&c is not going to give you issue.  I healed well and quickly.  My miscarriages were all for different reasons and all were unrelated to the d&c.

I am very sorry for your loss.  I hope your next pregnancy is successful.
I am in the end stages of a miscarriage right now.  I was given misoprosol in order to induce miscarriage.  Once the bleeding began it has not been that bad.  Cramps feel like a rough period.  I also saw my baby's heartbeat and figured deep down that all would be well.  I had no bleeding or cramping when they found there was no longer a heartbeat.  I feel better knowing that it is over.  I know exactly how you feel with the "morbid waiting" for things to start.  I wish you well.  May we all have a happier outcome next time.
Thank you both for sharing your D&C and medication stories. I am going to call my MD in the morning as natural miscarriage has not started.

Say some prayers. Thank you.