Maternal & Child Community
3rd pregnancy with different symptoms & spotting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I just found out I was pregnant a few days ago. I was on Seasonique for one month and two weeks and I was feeling tired, sick, and hadn't gotten a period, spotting, nothing, so I was a tad worried & that's why I took a test. I took two and both were positive! This came as a total shock as we have two girls and were not planning on having another due to my health. I had surgery last November b/c I had a tumor and the doctor ended up having to remove my left ovary, so with that too, I thought the chances of me getting pregnant were slim & seeing the fact that I was on birth control and hadn't missed any days!
I have no idea how far along I am, b/c when I try to think back I can't remember when my last period was. I think it was either January 5th or January 27th, I know that may sound crazy, but with everything that has gone on in my life recently, well I just didn't take the time to note when my period was.
I was wondering if any of you had a different pregnancy with your third like me, but the same symptoms with your first and second?
With my first and second they were exactly the same! I only got sick for one day, sort of like flu symptoms, and had no morning sickness at all! So this was another reason why I didn't think I was pregnant, b/c I have been sick and have had a headache everyday( which can be due to the adenomyosis that I have), and have had some implantation bleeding (which I thought was the beginning of my period), which I never had with my first two!
If you have had implantation bleeding or any type of spotting, how long has your lasted? I had one tiny, tiny spot of brown one time one day, and then the next had a tiny bit more, and then yesterday a tiny bit more, but no red, just brown. The doctor said it was normal, but this is just all new and scary to me! I am worrying too much I guess!
I can't get into the doctor for another two weeks, so I am anxious to see if this pregnancy is going to be ok!
First off Congrats on the new pregnancy! All 3 of my pregnancy have been different. My first I have No sym's at all. My 2nd and 3rd pregnancy I had a bit of the morning/all day sickness. With my 2nd I did have brown spotting early on... All I can say is that every pregnancy is different, and just because it is doesnt mean there is something wrong. I wouldnt worry intill you have too! Good Luck and have a great 9months!
Thanks! I know I shouldn't worry, but I had soo many complications with both pregnancies due to pre-eclampsia. With my first I didn't have it until I was 34 weeks and I had her at 38 weeks. My second I had it at 24 weeks and was in and out of the hospital and on bed rest until 36 weeks which is was I had my other daughter. Just praying for a boy and thinking just maybe with these different symptoms it is;)