Maternal & Child Community
4 DPO and feeling sick, no really I do!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

4 DPO and feeling sick, no really I do!

I have a headache and mild nausea. I know that in the tww we try to grasp onto every feeling as a pg symptom, but I honestly feel yucky. I would like to say that I "feel" pg, but I am scared to b/c of my 2 m/c earlier this year. What were your symptoms in the tww? Did anyone just know that they were pg?
The first symptom I remember was I was extremley sensitive to smell.  I'm not sure how long after ovulation that started... but thats the first one... then i had tingly nipples and bloating and heart burn.  Good Luck.. but it is still extremley early to have symptoms.
I thought so too! But I have heard of women having symptoms from the very beginning. Hormones do crazy things to our bodies (and our minds=)! My nipples have been itching. I am probably just coming down with something. We'll see!
maybe you o'd earlier than you thought! before i mc'd i felt symptoms very early. i also got a positive like 5 days before af was due. so maybe you arent imagining it!
I got crabby (ferocious like worst PMS you ever saw), then dizzy (lightheaded) esp. when out exerting myself then nauseous off and on maybe 8 dpo, 9 dpo, 12 dpo about in that order. 4 dpo is pretty soon if you count that you need to implant. But you never know!  GOOD LUCK!
No girl, belive me.......this is ALL in your head! we tend to make up things, maybe you are sick because of all this stress but there's no way you get this soon so sick.....besides most fertilized eggies don't implant till 7th day after O. So, no, you are not pg yet....and if you are....you can't feel it so soon. Don't set yourself for disapointment girlie, is not worth it, just wait and you'll find out in a week or so....=) good luck!
With a few of my pregnancies I felt really sick right after I got pregnant for a few days. Then it went away and then I got morning sickness at around 6-7 weeks again. The times I was sick right away when I looked back it was probably right after it attached. Maybe it was my body reacting or something, I don't know.
Hey chica! I agree with you...it's more than likely too early to tell! But if she O'd earlier than thought, it COULD be a possibility... :-)

How are you doing Nessa? I guess it's pretty cold up there right now, huh? I dread cold weather! And yes, I'm in the south...but to me, 56 degrees is COLD!! LOL I would like to believe that it's still Summer, simply because we still have so many flowers blooming in our yard...but boy, that early morning chill will let you know otherwise!

How are the ttc endeavors coming? I know you're supposedly not trying as hard this month...but you ALWAYS say that! haha! ;-)
Been doing "the nasties" every other day? Been pumping that Pre-Seed like it was $1.96 unleaded? Been tilting those hips upward each time? LOL Keep me updated!

Thanks for the comments. I began to feel better around 7:30 last night and was able to eat. I hear that some virus is going around. Today is only 5 dpo. Just to be sure, the most EWCM is on O day, right?
Usually, the most ewcm is a day or two b4 you O.  The ewcm is an indicator that you are about to O.  But even if you did it on the day you had the most ewcm, that's still good b/c you want the sperm to be there waiting to "catch" the egg when it comes down the fallopian tube.  It's always good to do it on the day you see the ewcm and the next two days.  Are you thinking that you may be be miscalculating your dpo? Good luck!
You're right.  I think it is possible to have ewcm and not O but it is also possible not have ewcm and still O.  Have you tried an OPK? Last cycle I had lots of ewcm 2 days b4 I got a positive OPK and had a headache right after I O'd.  I would use OPK if I were you.  Good luck sweetie.
Well, my situation is a little complex. I have not had af since 8/18. Prover in september did not work for me. U/S on 10/13 showed thin lining of the uterus and no sign of O. I started estrogen on 10/14 to build lining. Since then, I have been waiting on af. On 10/19 I had a huge amount of EWCM, so I assume that I ovulated sometime between 10/19 and 10/21. I began having a headache and nausea from 10/21 - 10/23, but I think I may have had a little virus because I feel nothing now. I just thought that O occurred on the day with the most EWCM, but it makes more sense that the most EWCM would be right before O. It is possible that I did not O, however, I did not notice EWCM during the last 2 months...believe me, I have been looking for it!
I get this all the time too. Its always about 4 DPO and I get really sick and I get really sore breasts. I always think I am preggers and then my stupid period comes 2 weeks later. I have no clue what it is. This month its alot worse. I always get sick at night too around 8-9pm. And my left breast is so sore in the nipple its like razor blades to touch it.
But its way to early to preggers symptoms as its only 4 or 5 dpo and it started a couple of days ago.
After hatching from the zona pellucida, the embryo sends a signal to the ovaries to secrete early pregnancy factor (EPF), which occurs from 1-2 days after fertilization. This EPF begins a dialogue between the embryo and the mother. It is possible, therefore, that a woman who is very sensitive, or is accutely aware of things, may have some symptoms associated with the EPF secretion, although I am not sure if this has been studied.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_have_symptoms_of_pregnancy_before_implantation