MATERNAL & CHILD
COMMUNITY
4 WEEKS PREGNANT AND CRAMPING BUT NO SPOTTING
by RUNNER4146, Dec 21, 2006
Hello to all,
I just found out that I am 4 weeks pregnant. I am very happy but I am cramping really bad but I am not bleeding. I went to the hospital last night because this is not my fist pregnancy I had a missed miscarriage back in July I went in to hear the baby's heart beat and they told me that I had miscarriage at 6 weeks. Anyway back to my question I went to the hospital last night and they looked me over and told me that I was ok because I was not bleeding but they took some blood from me to see what many HCG levels were and it was at 39. So my questions are.
Should I be worried that my levels are 39? And I am still cramping on and off  but no bleeding should I be worried?
Member Comments (47)
by ntaylor, Dec 21, 2006
Hi, I just found out and am 4 weeks pregnant tomorroww. I'm having some crampy feeling as well, not terrible I mean I can function just fine and even work out, but I feel this overall tightness sometimes in my groin area and lower abdomen. I'm worried as well! I had a missed miscarriage too a few months ago, and I'm kind of wondering if I'm just more perceptive because of that? I hope all is ok with you and me!! Just wanted to let you know your not alone, and if you go on twoweekwait.com and look at early pregnancy symptoms, I'd say more than half of the women say they had cramping at 4 weeks of some kind..
by nanis, Dec 21, 2006
Well cramping is ok as long as there is no bleeding.Your hcg sounds fine at 4 wks.Mine was 58.If your more than 25 your preg.Which at 4 wks thats when many find out.You really cant go by just 1 hcg level.You have to compare & make sure there doubling.Mine did.Even with cramping.Last time I had ectopic 8/25.Had cramping & bleeding mostly spotting.Then my #'s did not double from 665 to 800 to 1000 & so on.Now they are right on track.Are they going to check your levels again? Anyways if there's no bleeding dont worry.Unless your cramping is bad.Then I would suggest going to the ER.Good luck..keep us posted..nanis
by RUNNER4146, Dec 21, 2006
Yes I am going to get my HCG levels read again I will keep you all posted.
by lajonez, Dec 22, 2006
I definitely had the cramping. Probably up until 6 weeks. Seems normal to me especially if there is not spotting. I felt it helped to really just get rest if you can.
by jenstam, Dec 22, 2006
I have felt crampy too, and of course it scares the heck out of me because I had a miscarriage in November. I am currently 5 wks, 3 days. I called the ob nurse today to ask her about it and she said some mild cramping is normal, but not if it gets too uncomfortable. She also said UTI is common in pregnancy and that I should get my urine tested for that, because it can cause cramping.
by Esperanza/Hope, Dec 22, 2006
Cramping although very scary is normal. try to get lots of rest.
by ny36, Dec 22, 2006
What do the cramps feel like? I know for me I had af cramps and I swore I was getting af but I tested postive and am between 5 and 6 weeks pg.
by lpool, Dec 23, 2006
Hi, i think alittle cramping is nomal. But if it is really scarp then have it checked out.I had a scan at 8 weeks and all was fine, then about 2 weeks later i had really bad paing, like stapping pains/hunger pains in the upper adonimal area with no bleeding, then at 11 weeks, there was alittle spotting, so i went along  to the ER and the heart was not beating, they said it measured 9w 2d, so 2 weeks of pains before i started spotting. Hope all is well with you.
by Angel_031406, Jan 04, 2007
Hello everyone, I'm 28 years old, I just found out on New Years day that I'm 4 weeks pregnant.  This will be my 2nd pregnancy.  My first pregnancy, was terminated at 20 weeks.  At 19 weeks, I did my first ultrasound found out that baby trisomy18. I was indouced the following week, and gave birth to a stillborn baby girl, and I named her Jasmine Angel.  During my first pregnancy, I also experienced mild cramping but no spotting, againg now, it the same.  My ob/gyno told me it was normal.  It will be normal to spot a little when the egg is implaning itself to the uterus.  Good luck to everyone and have a happy & healthy new year and pregnancy!!