Maternal & Child Community
4 WEEKS PREGNANT AND CRAMPING BUT NO SPOTTING

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hello to all,
I just found out that I am 4 weeks pregnant. I am very happy but I am cramping really bad but I am not bleeding. I went to the hospital last night because this is not my fist pregnancy I had a missed miscarriage back in July I went in to hear the baby's heart beat and they told me that I had miscarriage at 6 weeks. Anyway back to my question I went to the hospital last night and they looked me over and told me that I was ok because I was not bleeding but they took some blood from me to see what many HCG levels were and it was at 39. So my questions are.
Should I be worried that my levels are 39? And I am still cramping on and off  but no bleeding should I be worried?
Hi, I just found out and am 4 weeks pregnant tomorroww. I'm having some crampy feeling as well, not terrible I mean I can function just fine and even work out, but I feel this overall tightness sometimes in my groin area and lower abdomen. I'm worried as well! I had a missed miscarriage too a few months ago, and I'm kind of wondering if I'm just more perceptive because of that? I hope all is ok with you and me!! Just wanted to let you know your not alone, and if you go on twoweekwait.com and look at early pregnancy symptoms, I'd say more than half of the women say they had cramping at 4 weeks of some kind..
Well cramping is ok as long as there is no bleeding.Your hcg sounds fine at 4 wks.Mine was 58.If your more than 25 your preg.Which at 4 wks thats when many find out.You really cant go by just 1 hcg level.You have to compare & make sure there doubling.Mine did.Even with cramping.Last time I had ectopic 8/25.Had cramping & bleeding mostly spotting.Then my #'s did not double from 665 to 800 to 1000 & so on.Now they are right on track.Are they going to check your levels again? Anyways if there's no bleeding dont worry.Unless your cramping is bad.Then I would suggest going to the ER.Good luck..keep us posted..nanis
Yes I am going to get my HCG levels read again I will keep you all posted.
I definitely had the cramping. Probably up until 6 weeks. Seems normal to me especially if there is not spotting. I felt it helped to really just get rest if you can.
What do the cramps feel like? I know for me I had af cramps and I swore I was getting af but I tested postive and am between 5 and 6 weeks pg.
I have felt crampy too, and of course it scares the heck out of me because I had a miscarriage in November. I am currently 5 wks, 3 days. I called the ob nurse today to ask her about it and she said some mild cramping is normal, but not if it gets too uncomfortable. She also said UTI is common in pregnancy and that I should get my urine tested for that, because it can cause cramping.
Cramping although very scary is normal. try to get lots of rest.
Hi, i think alittle cramping is nomal. But if it is really scarp then have it checked out.I had a scan at 8 weeks and all was fine, then about 2 weeks later i had really bad paing, like stapping pains/hunger pains in the upper adonimal area with no bleeding, then at 11 weeks, there was alittle spotting, so i went along  to the ER and the heart was not beating, they said it measured 9w 2d, so 2 weeks of pains before i started spotting. Hope all is well with you.
Hello everyone, I'm 28 years old, I just found out on New Years day that I'm 4 weeks pregnant.  This will be my 2nd pregnancy.  My first pregnancy, was terminated at 20 weeks.  At 19 weeks, I did my first ultrasound found out that baby trisomy18. I was indouced the following week, and gave birth to a stillborn baby girl, and I named her Jasmine Angel.  During my first pregnancy, I also experienced mild cramping but no spotting, againg now, it the same.  My ob/gyno told me it was normal.  It will be normal to spot a little when the egg is implaning itself to the uterus.  Good luck to everyone and have a happy & healthy new year and pregnancy!!
YEA I JUST FOUND OUT THAT I AM 4 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS I HAVE HAD THE SAME THING ONLY MY CRAMPS COME AND GO THROUGHOUT THE DAY... I WOULD SAY IF UR CRAMPS ARENT THAT BAD OR UNBARABLE THEN U HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. CRAMPING IS VERY NORMAL AT THIS STAGE OF OUR PREGNANCY... SO GOOD LUCK!!!
hello, im about 4 weeks pregnant and I have a hcg of 116 right now i have very little to no brown spotting.. Is this normal? please help

mari143
i have had 2 miscarriages... back to back. both of them began with cramping and then spotting, just light brown spotting, and ended in miscarriage. now im pregnant again (3rd time) and on another battle ground looking through websites b/c again i have cramping. the best suggestion would be to go to the dr and have them check your hcg levels. in the matter of a couple of days you will know if it is a miscarriage. and for the 3rd time i am doing just that. cramps MAY be a sign of pregnancy, but they ARE a sign for miscarriage... as i unfortunately know too much about.  
i went to the hospital last weeks because at work i was push out of a chair and i started to bleed and they said it was a missed abortion they did a vaginal ultrasound and they still saw the sac what does that mean?
Hi everyone, i see others on here that have similar problems to me. I'm 4weeks pregnant and have minor/mild cramping on and off most off the day but if feels like all day but i have had a few headaches with it to,is this normal as well, I've only had the cramping for 4days now. just reading all your posts and it seems that's normal. i get worried alot as I've had 7 miscarriages & lost 4sets of twins in those 7. i have 2 girls aged 12 and 5 but have only had these miscarriages in the last year and a half. its hard to remember what it was like when pregnant 5years ago what to expect in the first 3months. I hope these cramps are normal,I'm stressing just thinking about it waiting for my next doctors appointment tomorrow
I had miscarriage 7 weeks ago and i am now about 4 weeks pregnant again! Im also having lower back pain feels like a stinging pain and at night time I have the odd twinge Im so worried i might miscarry again! i have 2 sons already 12 and 13 so its taken 12 yrs to get pregnant again!
This is my first time being pregnant and on 4 weeks but I'm cramping a lot and I have a uti should I worry. ..
hi, im not new to this site, but i was on here a couple of months ago and i was trying to get pregnant me and my husband... we've been trying only for about 6 months, and i also have 3 other kids already. now i am pregnant... i took a home pregnancy after i missed my period which is irregular, but i counted it to be every 18 days... a blood test at the emergency room tested positive as well as a urine.. they said i was at 130 something but they did not do a  ultrasound... my cramps got worst and i went back.. again they would not do an ultrasound. this is the 5th day of this pain i don't know how far along i am, and i the cramps are worst, differentiating with time though... so i'm going to go again and i'm gonna demand a ultrasound because the suspence is killing me, and so is the pain... will keep everyone posted on what they say..
hi, i went back to the emergency room and they did do a ultrasound this time.... they wouldn't let me see what was going on, and the sonographer was probing for a long time... longer than any of my other pregnancies before, and i asked her was she gonna let me see and she said no a radiolagist would let me know the verdict( yes her exact words). that kinda freaked me out the way she said it. anyway, i told her i had to pee, but when i came out she stepped away and i peeked at these pics on the srcreen and it looked like two spinal cords one on top of the other, but really close.. that was weird then the doc came in baffling like you're 4-5 weeks we cant tell if heartbeat is yours our baby's.. i said ok, but he was looking weird... i know what i saw.! later that day a sister from my church called and said.." God loves you soo much and he is healing your womb.. i started crying because she knew nothing about anything, she barely knew me. idk wha'ts happening, but i wil trust God, he's the creator.. will keep posted.. thanks!
oh and the cramping stopped completely! now my stomach hurts....... i know one thing after another :-)... it only hurts after i take a prenatal vitamin....
I just found out that I am 4 weeks pregnant with my 4th!  I am so excited but nervous since I've had 4 m/c's in the last year!  I am cramping off and on too,  a little backache too!  but I definately have put it in Gods hands,  so I am trying not to worry!  baby dust to all of you!!
I just found out that I am 4 weeks pregnant. My doctor just gave me a urine test no blood test. I have been peeing a lot but I am also having cramps. I find relief from my cramps after I go pee but sometimes when I pee only a little comes out. They checked to see if I had a UTI but I don't, the doc still put me on the Macrobid just in case and ordered me to get some ultrasounds to rule out ectopic pregnancy. I'm nervous because it took me 2 years to get pregnant and I had 2 miscarriages before. Has anybody else had these symptoms and everything ended up turning out okay?
ok i am almost 5 weeks pregant i have a 8 yr daughter then after 7 yrs trying i got pregnant but miscarried a yr later i got pregnant and had my son he is almost 2 well im 5 weeks along and haveing shooting twinges in my stomach i am so worried about miscarrying again i know i had a healthy son after my miscarriage but should i be concearned with these twinges their kinda sharp and i got lower back pain almost like my period but not that severe and it comes n goes somebody tell me if im over reacting
IM CRAMPING REALLY BACK ALOT IN MY BACK I TOOK ONE TEST AND IT WAS REALLY FAINT IM HAVING ALOT OF PREGNACY SIGNS BUT DONT KNOW WATS GOING ON REALLY DONT EVER REMEMBER CRAMPING THIS BAD AND I HAVE THREE CHILDREN MAYBE ITS BECAUSE IM ALOT OLDER LOL
well i had  two  miscarriages back to back and the last one i tested with first respond and it  it was really faint i was testing every day and they were all really faint and about 5 weeks i miscarriage and now its been 3 months and i just found im pregnant again but im scare and i been light cramping so kristin u should get check i had all does Symptoms u having and end up miscarriage dont wanna scare you but like that u are gonna be more sure...
Found out I was expecting two weeks ago this coming Sunday. Prior history of 1 ectopic pregancy in Oct 2003, right tube almsot ruptured as I was diagnossed with a miscarrage (miscarriage) and 3cm cyst. My Ob saved my tube. Later had a histopelpingagrahm. Turns out my tube is almost 90% blocked.
I had a miscarrage (miscarriage) in Oct of last year. mild cramping then bleading - So I'm familar with the symtoms (symptoms). At the present everything is normal, nausa, fatigue, smell scensitivity, sore breats etc. - I started experiencing a slight dull pain or full feeling in my right side ribs to lower abdomin (abdomen). I went to doc. today were I had a TV ultrasound my results showing a sac in fact in the uterus but it looks to be the fetus is only about 4 weeks - I should be about 6 to 7 based on my last period and all the symtoms (symptoms) I've already been experiencing. Also, after the ultra sound my pain has increased but now from Ribs to groin. I have another appointment thurs to have my second round of levels tested. Has anyone who has had an ectopic experienced these typs of syptoms (symptoms) but went on to carry full term? Any insign appreciated
hiya, ive just found out that im pregent today i will be 4week 3days going on to 4weeks 4days.....ive been having period like pains on and off ever since i was due my period my legs feels acky aswel i have been pregent before around about this time last year but ended up in a missed misscarrige at 8 weeks 5days had no bleeding or anything just went for a scan and there was no heart beat, its take me 8 mouth to get pregent again found out in september that i had minor pcos and the doctos said she didnt think it wud be a corse for concen geting pergent again because ive oready been pregent before..... just worrid these pains are beacuse i am going to go thew it all again or wether it is noraml please help thankyou
Hi, i had a missed miscarriage september 2010. I had cramping @ 8 weeks but was told by A&E that it was just a urine infection!! ( I knew it wasn't) but pain stopped and no bleeding I didnt find out id lost baby until 3month scan.
Anyway I found out today that i am pregnant again 4-5weeks. Ive got light period like cramping pretty much the last week....but 2 days ago I woke upat 5am with severe pain & fainted. This has only happened once but i cant help but worry that im having another miscarriage with no bleeding. Does anyone know how common miscarriages are without bleeding? & whether anyone has fainted due to cramps? Im trying to be positive but also realistic...Any comments welcome Thank you x
I am 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant and have been noticing brown and red blood and small clots when I wipe since saturday on and off. I have been having mild cramps since monday. I have an emergency scan booked for saturday morning but I am so scared and just want to know if my baby is alive or not. I miscarried twins back in august. They actually died at around  - 5 weeks but I didnt find out until I was 10 weeks. I have seen quite a few positive comments on here but also a lot of bad ones, I really dont want this to happen again.
Mild cramping with a UTI . I am 4 weeks and 2 days. I have never had any miscarriages I have three other children. Should I be concerned???
No.. I wouldn't be. I am 4 weeks today! Just found out. I thought I was about to start b/c I was cramping. But it's normal. I have 2 healthy children, 7 and 2. One miscarriage but that's b/c i was pushed down a flight of stairs.... Ur fine. A Uti will also cause cramping. Not to mention our lil one is implanting this week... Just get rest
hi im about 4-5 weeks pregnant with my second child and experiencing the cramps as i did with my first pregnancy, i asked midwife about it and she said it is completly normal, with my first pregnancy i had cramps throughout the whole pregnancy and everything was fine. good luck to all x x
Hi, I'm 4 weeks pregnant and siffering from suffer cramps, i have been to the hospital and been checked out and sent away, I am getting really worried, i have never had cramps this bad, they make me cry out in pain, is this normal, i don't know what to do.
Hi all Im 4 and a half weeks pregnant, i had a misscarriage last november and i am experiencing cramoing pain again, i went to the doctor this morning to confirm my pregancy as i only found out over the weekend, well to say the least he was very nice about it he told me i would more than likely miscarry again because the pains, and was jus told to wait and see, well i couldnt wait and see so i went to the maternity hospital and they done a scan but couldn see anything because its too early, so now waiting for my blood tests to come back to see what my hormone level is...
I meant NOT very nice
I am 15 wks and i dont know whats going on. Im 21 and this is my 2nd pregnancy and i thought everything was going ok. i woke up this morning and was feeling great started baking for the husband and son and then as doing so i grabbed my stomach and doubled over. it felt like some1 was taking my insides and squeezing them. my husbands grandmother is a CNA and she came over and asked if ive been spotting and i said no. i told her that im now getting these pains every 2-3 min. to me they feel like im in labor but im not..can some1 please tell me whats going on?
I am also in my 4th week, haven't seen the doctor yet because they usually want you to wait a little while.  I had a miscarriage 12/5/2010 and now I'm so nervous, but trying not to be because I don't want to have that happen again.  I have been cramping some, too, but it's not bad and it's not all of the time, and I've had no spotting.  Have the nausea and the sore breasts and headaches, and I know some cramping is normal, so I'm just praying and keeping my fingers, toes, eyes and legs crossed!  Babydust to all!
hey all, me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant for a year with our second child, and i haven't been able to get a test yet but im due on any day now, tho iv been having tummy cramps (which i never get when im due on) and my tummy is feeling slightly odd plus a lack of appetite.....
any comment would be helpfull!
thanks SJT x :)
Hi i am 6 - 7 weeks preanant i since i found out i was pregnant (3 april) i have been having cramps they feel like menstral i have been the docs tice the first on tue an he said to keep an eye if got worse go back in case of eptopic i went back today they arnt any worse but just needed reasuringi had protien in my sample but no ifections is it normal to feel this cramping i never with my fisrt which turned out to be a missed misscarriage at 8 weeks an i cant remember having cramping with my litte girl wither any help advise would be greatly recieved ...i think im stressing which makes me think im cramping sometimes lol
im 21 years old and im in college this is my first time being pregnant im 4weeks and I was wondering is it normal to have cramping while your pregnant
Hello my I am 4weeks pregnant and I had to visit ER already twice for abdominal cramps, Now I feel that it hurts when peeing, I am drinking only water, and tylenol no spoting but really scare....My Hcg levels was 210 and I am worryyy.  Should I??? Tomorrow i'll have another HCG blood work but I am scare...
at early stages of pregnancy cramping is normal, youre body is going through a massive change, ur starting to stretch etc, as long as youre not bleeding try not to worry!! when i was pregnant with my first the cramping was just like really bad period pains and i would cry sometimes but i didnt bleed so there was nothing to worry about, dont stress as this will make you so much worse, and dont think about misscarrying! you need to think positive and be happy!! the more stress you put on yourself the more stressed the baby is! xx
the best person to talk to is youre midwife x
I am 3 weeks and 6 days and I went to the emergency room last night for UTI and they said my HCG levels were low because they were a 190. I  am scared because I have had a little cramping not much but I have had 2 miscarriages already this year. And I havent miss my period yet.
Hi I am 4 weeks and 1 day today if it was calculated right for sure. I have been having upper abdominal pain for at least two weeks and the last few days it feels worse. Its very uncomfortable to stand and still hurts when I lay down. Feels like food poisoning it hurts so bad but I'm not sick or constipated at all. I'm not sure if I should go to the hospital or what I should do. I miscarried once 9 years ago and I have an 8 year old so its been a while for me. I do not know if this is serious or not but hate to take a chance. I don't really feel right and don't remember feeling this way the first time.
I'm getting real bad cramps every D's at I'm 4-5weeks and the posing feels horrid I'm so tired because of it I can wake up and be in agony  and I don't know why this is my first pregnancy
I am also experiencing mild cramping. I have lost three now so far. First in 09 @ 20wks, she had Anencephaly. Second at 7 wks, missed miscarriage. Third at 8 wks., normal miscarriage. So, needless to say...I am very nervous.
Just to touch on faint positive tests, at four weeks, that's completely normal.  It should progressively darken as days go by. Goood luck to all!