Maternal & Child Community
4 and a half months pregnant
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

4 and a half months pregnant

i went to the doctor a few days ago and i am 4 months pregnant and the doctor took ten minutes to find a heartbeat...he finally found it and the baby was really really high up..at that time he asked me if my dates were right...does that mean i might be further along or what??? what does it mean that the baby is realy high??
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Babys heartrates are higher then adults.. I am 5 1/2 months pregnant and my daughters heartrate has been between 150-170.  Her heartrate is closer to 170 when she is awake and moving around, and lower when she's sleeping. Did they tell you what your babys heartrate was?
Blank
they did not say....he said the heartbeat was fine but the baby was high in my stomach...like up higher than what it is supposed to be..as in where it is located
Blank
I forgot to say CONGRATS on the pregnancy as fas as how high up the baby is. I don't know much about that, if they think you are farther along they should do an ultrasound to date the pregnancy. My baby has always been low, but my friend is 6 weeks behind me, so about 4 1/2 months also, and her baby is higher, she always feels it more in her ribs. Maybe you are just carrying higher?
Blank
177465_tn?1288242063
It's probably just the position of your litttle one. My guy hates doplers so he squirms all over to avoid it! lol
Blank
Let's see 4 1/2 months makes you about 18wks.... Uhm.. your baby being very high up could be a number of things. How tall are you? That matters a lot. It usually nothing to worry about. Although sometimes can mean your dates are off because theoretically your uterus shouldn't be that big at 18wks. I am 22wks and my little girl sits in my ribs a lot and even at 22wks isn't supposed to be able to reach that high. I could just mean you have excess amniotic fluid also. I wouldn't worry.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...