Maternal & Child Community
4 weeks after miscarriage, could i be pregnant again?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

hey girls, i've tried not to think so much about this, but i have baby on the brain so bad. i need some answers, or a period :( whichever comes first. about 4 1/2 weeks ago i had a miscarriage, which happened naturally and i wasnt very far along HCG ONLY 206 and falling. about 2 weeks ago i went to the doctors to confirm the miscarraige (miscarriage) and was told that no HCG was left in my body. she also said that my period could come any day now, and it's 2 weeks later. the HCG is all out of my body, so whats the hold up? i took a test today and it came out negative. does that mean im not? should i take another one in a week or so? anything u can tell me would be great. thank you :)
I don't know, but I sure hope you are. It would give me hope. I had d&C done 2 days ago and I want to try today!! I know that you can get pregnant after giving birth right away, so why not? My ex-husband was only 9 1/2 months older than his full term brother!
my condolences to you kaylee, thanks for the wishes, i wish them right back on you! good luck hun!
Yes my daughter miscarried naturally on October 9 and now the doctor thinks she may  be pregnant again doing another test on Monday!  So it is very very likely that you are Preganant Again congrats if that the case.

Me too, i miscarried on early september, i am now 6 weeks with TWINS :)

i never got a period after the m/c.

Wait a few more days and try another test.
thank you! i have a little more hope now :) i think im going to wait a week or so, and we'll see what happens
I think you count from when levels went down.B/f if levels were still pres. means still have preg. hormone in system.Witch would be positive test.Just wait for Af or test.
I had a miscarriage in August, never had a period, had sex ONE TIME, and am now 7 weeks 5 days pregnant.  :-)   Things are going much better so far.  Apparantly you're very fertile after a miscarriage.  Good luck!
im a little confused, i dont have any pregnancy hormone left in my system from the last pregnancy
I had a m/c in March and then became pg again immediately. No af. Unfortunately I m/c again, but I do know it's possible to be pg immediately after m/c. Good Luck and keep us posted!
I just had a question for all of you that had a m/c....did your doctor tell you to wait 2 cycles before TTC again after your miscarriage?  I had a m/c at end of March and that's what my doc said. Just curious since so many of you TTC again so soon.  My doc said my body needed time to heal, although hcg went to normal in a week and LH surge was detected 2 weeks later.
Sorry read wrong.I apologise....Test & then you'll know.
Daughters doctor said would have liked her to wait for 3 cycles prior to getting pg but said there are no risks either.

Thanks,

I am more or less the same. I had a D&C 4 weeks ago today and no signs of period. I am not sure how to get HCG levels (everyone else seem to get them!) but I did a pregnancy test last saturday and it was negative (it would be too early but I did it so if I have a positive one in the future I know it is not a false positive). I have also heard the you are very fertile after a m/c and I decided to try straight away because the doctor said that it is safe and that the only reason you are told to wait is to get dates easier. I would recommend to have another test in a few days (a friend of mine got a negative 4 weeks after her period and she was pregnant and the pregnancy was fine)

Good luck and let us know what happens!!!
It can take up to 8 weeks to get AF after a m/c.  They start counting from the day your levels went back down.  It took me 7 weeks exactly to get mine after my 2nd m/c.  With my 1st one, AF came in 4 weeks like normal.  Good luck!  I hope everything works out for you.
I had a m/c about 3 weeks ago which came as a bit of a shock as it was something we had planned for a while.  My doctor said to wait 1 cycle before trying again but how long after the m/c is your cycle supposed to resume to normality? We are wanting to start again now bu is it too soon?
Okay, I got a serious issue.  On May 4th of this year, I had a m/c, with D&C.  Didnt get a period until mid June or 7 weeks after d/c.  I then started the NuvaRing in July and have been faithful with it.  In September just out of curiosity, I took a home pregnancy test (Clearly Confirm) it was positive x 2.  Took a Clearblue easy x 2 it was negative.  Got a serum Quantitative Hcg and it was <.1 (I interpreted this as a firm negative.) October I had a cycle.  Today, I took a pregnancy test, Clearly confirm and it was positive x 2.  Took a clearblue digital and it is negative x 2.  What in the world is going on?  If I am not pregnant, why is the confirm showing positive? Could this uncertainty be in any way related to my earlier miscarriage?  I am a registered nurse, but I am dumb when it comes to pregnancy.  I plan to go to the MD asap, what could make the test positive aside from pregnancy?  HELP
I had a miscarriage about three weeks ago and was told by my doctor to wait at least 1 cycle before trying again.  I have started trying already because she says it doesn't really effect much just need to give your body time to heal. I MC naturally but I am waiting for my period and there is no sign of it. I wonder if I could be pregnant again. on 11/09 my doc took preg test that came back negative she said my HCG levels where low.
It took from May 4th, the day of my d/c to June 17th for me to have a period.  I guess you could be pregnant, but probably not.
i had a mc sept 20 started my period oct 21  took a pregnancy test this morning and it was a positive it scares me on he test  it says you might get a + if you were recently pregnant??????
i had a full m/c last week does this mean all the tissue is out of me? i went in to take a pregnancy test today to see if i still had hcg i guess... but is was negative does this mean that my hcg level is back to normal already??

I had a M/C  2 weeks ago and only found out the babys heart had stopped when went for a U/S ,so i had a D/C  and just getting back into sex again this past weekend,my doctor told me today that i could try again before i have my first period after my misscarriage , so with that view we are and will see what happens, i had thought you had to wait for your first period to try again but with her advise am going for it and will see what happens, all doctors will say differant advise i think so go with your feeling and when your ready i suggest.

tiggs.
i recently miscarried sept 25th i was 8 weeks pg, i got my period bk 4 weeks later, 2 weeks later i was pg agen!! i am now 4 weeks and 4 days,woohoo!! im keeping my fingers and everything else crossed, good luck to you all xx
I m/c Nov. 2nd and I am already pregnant again... IT IS VERY POSSIBLE!!!! Seeing how this is the second time that I got pregnant with in a month after a m/c.
hi well waht it is i mc on 7 july and bleed for 4 days then ive been having sex every other day is any change i could be preg if so when best do a test we did do test 22 july and it neg

help needed
Hi I miscarried on July 9th , 2008 went in for blood work twice so they could monitor my HCG's back down to Zero . I also took a pregnancy test to make sure it was negative to ensure I did not get a false positive it was negative. I found out exactly 4 weeks to the day that I was pregnant again! You are extremely fertile after a miscarriage from what I've heard. I'd wait a week and test again.... You may be testing too soon but also I've heard after a miscarriage it can take up to 3 months to receive your period again.
  Hope this helps and I hope you are pregnant again! We are praying everything goes great this time! I was 7 weeks when I miscarried not sure how far along I am with this one.
I just miscarried july 17 and I am hoping I am pregnant again congrats to you! I hope all goes well this time for you. I was almost 10 weeks, and it was my 3rd miscarriage I do have a 2 years old who I am do thankfull for but would love to have another one. I hope my outcome is the same as yours....
I had a miscarriage in Feb of this year. I had my first appt Feb 24th and was told It was measuring 9 weeks at where I should have been and there was no heartbeat. Feb 26th I had to have a D&C. My husband and I started trying again March 17th (our anniversary). It's been a month as of yesterday since my D&C and I still haven't gotten my AF. I'm getting feelings that I'm pregnant again. I'm scared to take an hpt because I feel if it's positive that I may get my hopes up even tho I know it could be from my miscarriage. I'm 21 (will be 22 in May) and my husband is 22. We have 2 healthy kids together. A 2 1/2 year old boy and a 1 year old girl. We were devistated after the miscarriage of our 3rd and are ttc. Idk when I can test?
I also had a miscarriage and on march the 19th and on this day i passed the fetus. The bleeding gradually stopped completely after about a week. When I went to see my obgyn he told me I didn't need a D&C but they found a cyst on my right ovary, they told me it should go away by itself and come for another check up in may. This was my first pregnancy I'm a healthy 23 year old, always had regular periods and I just got married in January so when my husband and I found out we were expecting we were over the moon and told everyone. It was sad for the next two weeks having to tell everyone that asked how i was doing and that we lost the baby. I lost my baby at 6 weeks and now it is the 8th of April and my husband and I had unprotected sex about 3 times after i stopped bleeding and i think it was during the time i ovulated. I could tell i was ovulating because i always get ovulation pains on my right or left ovary and it lasts for about a day im not 100% sure though. But to make the long story short I'm experiencing the exact same symptoms i was when i was pregnant last. I had every thing but morning sickness....this time however i have everything and the past couple of days I have been very nauseous. Could I be pregnant after just having unprotected sex 3 times???? I hope so we really want a baby. Then again its going to be so stressful worrying about weather this one will be strong enough and if we miscarry again I don't think I will be as strong as I was last time.  
So i miscarried on march the 19 and got my period april 20th about 4 weeks after i miscarried. Im pretty happy coz now we can start trying again. Yay, my husband and i got pregnant straight after we got married so i hope i get pregnant this time around easily!
baby dust to all!
hi everyone, i need some info, i miscarried in march, was only 2-3 wks gone, hcg levels went right down to 0 so tests was comin bk negative. i started tryin straight away an havent had a period since my miscarriage, is it possible i could be pregnant again? i havent really had no signs apart from feelin tired alot but not sure if thats down to me workin. can someone please help me as its drivin me mad lol, i took pregnancy test last weekend but was negative
Yep, I got pregnant again 2 weeks to the day after I had my miscarriage.  I am 6w2d now so anything can and does happen!
thank you, im excited now thinkin i could be :) congratulations to u aswell xx
Ok I had a miscarriage a little over a month ago and now my boyfriend has been noticing that i've been showing signs of pregnancy.  Now i'm a couple days late for my peroid and i've tried taking almost 4 pregnancy tests and they all come up negative.  So does this mean something is wrong? Or i could possibly be pregnant again?
Hello Everyone, thought I'd share my story.  I had a miscarriage on June 18th of this year 2010, had my period a week after, then became pregnant quickly right after, found at at 4 weeks that I was pregnant.  It is possible to get pregnant quickly right after a miscarriage.  Remember that your body is already quite fertile, don't wait for your next cycle to TTC, it's up to you if your up to it.  I didn't wait and I see many other moms didn't wait either.  Just keep track of your body and listen to it.  I am currently 6 weeks pregnant and am grateful to God for his wonderful miracles.  
Hi Everyone,

I miscarried 3rd Aug 2010, Me and Husband have been trying to get pregnant again since i stopped bleeding 14th Aug (was only 51/2-6 weeks) i want to take a test this weekend as im starting to get some pregnancy signs as had before. I took pregnancy test 15th Aug which was negative- to show that next test not false positve.
Is it too early to take a test?

Thanks for posting all your experiences, its helped me alot.
hello nicole im same as you i had a misscarige on the 1st august and stopped bleeding on the 6th and since me and my boyfriend have been ttc it will be 4 weeks on sunday since the misscariage i have done a test today but got a negative.i have been feeling really tired and abit sick but dont know if my mind is playing tricks on me thinking that a am pregnant coz i so want to be!!! im going to do another test sunday xx
i had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago according to the hospital... 3 days ago they had booked me into have a D & C i didnt feel right about it, so i went to my local doctor  and asked her to do some test... confirmed yesterday that i am still pregnant!!!! 8 weeks, 3 days..... they could have killed my baby.... dont let it happen to you... make sure they are right before you let them do a D & C ladies.....
I recently had a m/c...I had my d&c done July 29th had maybe 3 days of bleeding...I had one day of bleeding on August 12th. I just did a pregnancy test on Aug 31st...It was a very faint positive...Did a pregnancy test Sept 3 and it was positive.. Went into the er on Sept 5th and found out I'm pregnant. Don't know how far alone but the did a pregnancy test by urine and by blood and the blood came out to by 980 in beta count...They also did an ultrasound and of course didn't see anything so they said its inconclusive right now! I have to get my blood drawn again tomorrow to make sure the numbers are doubling.. VERY SCARED seeing that I just miscarried...Of course the er doctors talked about the negative before the positive.. They are bringing up ectopic pregnancy, and tubal which are kind of similar.. I don't have any history of tubal or ectopic pregnancies...Just the 1 miscarriage....I don't want to go through devastation again.. Anywords of encouragement? Please help
Hi, hope everything turns out for you all. I just need advice and support really. On 30th August i found out i was approx 6-7 weeks pregnant (1st pregnancy). And on the 5.9.10 i lost it. I was heartbroken and devestated. I cried for days. approx 2 weeks after m/c, i was still feeling tendor, and just out of curosity i did an ovulation test, and it came out i was ovulating. I felt relieved knowing my body was getting back to normal. My husband and i started trying again around this time. I am now feeling nauseous and my breasts are becoming very tendor. I want this so bad, but on some level i feel as though my mind is playing tricks on me. I am too scared to even do a test, as i dont want to go through the devestation again. I cant talk to anyone about this not even my husband, as i dont want him to get his hopes up> when is the best time to do a test?
I had a d&c done on the 21st only bleed for about three days had unprotected sex on the 7th day after m/c. Now I am have a strong sense of smell again and my nails are growing again .I felt a little dizzy and very thirsty. My hcg was very High because I was pregnant with twins and I tested twice after my m/c the second time the dr said it went to zero had a positive  pregnancy test but just don't know what to think I feel like the doctor just doesn't want to keep testing me and told me my results were at zero very confused and would be very embarrased to go back to the doctor pregnant again after a week after m/c any advice?
Hmmm..that's a tough one..I'd say you aren't if you Haven't got your period yet..I waited 2 months after my m/c to get mine so just give it time and your cycle will go back to normal.  I wanted to get pregnant so bad after my mc that's all I could think about.  Maybe I'm wrong?  
I had a d&c done on sept. 21st only bleed for about three days had unprotected sex on the 7th day after m/c. Now I am have a strong sense of smell again and my nails are growing again .I felt a little dizzy and very thirsty and aggravated. My hcg was very High because I was pregnant with twins my hcg was tested twice after my m/c the second time the dr said it went to zero but i had a positive pregnancy test after they told me it went down to zero but just don't know what to think I feel like the doctor just doesn't want to keep testing me and told me my results were at zero very confused and would be very embarrased to go back to the doctor pregnant again after a week after m/c and they told me to wait two weeks any advice?
I am wondering the samething myself I had a m
im new to this site but i thought i would share my story bcoz i am very confused. i had a miscarriage on the 7 of nov 10 doc said it was a very early one i was 5 weeks and 3 days i was so gutted but 1 week after me and my partner as has goin at it like rabbits for the last 2 week and it has now been 4 weeks since i last had my miscarriage am i pregnant how and when will i know if im pregnent should i wait pls pls pls help.
I had a m/c November 9 I was on holiday in Spain and I was 13 weeks pregnant. It is now December 8 and still no period I am hopeful bout being pregnant and hope the best for you n your family x
Yea just wait a few more weeks and then take the test I'll have my fingers crossed for you.
Hello guys my name is adrian. I had a miscarriage about 2 months ago. Haven't had a period yet but dr says it will come soon and that was about last month is it possible I could be pregnant!
Hi all just wanted to join you am 4 weeks 3 days post erpc after being 13 weeks pregnant oh and i were devastated have two georgious children who i adore but so wanted to add to our family bled for 7 days spotted for 3 then got straight back ttc! No af slight preg symptoms but bfn today! Could i be pregnant again?
I am 5 weeks 4 days after a d & c where I was 8 weeks along. This was atotal surprise pregancny. I have PCOS and did infertitlty and never got PG, so gave up, then 3 years later this happen. I have been on the HCG Drop diet (lost 60lbs since June) have 40 more to go... I have still not got my period feel pg but is it in my head? took a hpt today and it was negative... any advise?
Hello everyone i just have a couple questions~ first off i had a miscarriage about 4 weeks ago went to the doctor on June 1st and my hcg levels were at a 0 three dayss ago i took a test and it was a light positve so this could meen that i got pregnant anywere from the 2nd of june to the 20th of june! do you think that this is true i dont want to jump to the gun but i want this more than anything!
I had a miscarriage on July 9th. I bled for two weeks. My husband and I started having sex again after I stopped bleeding, today Aug 17th, I tested POSITIVE! My period never came, so it is very possible to become pregnant right away after a miscarriage since you are very fertile.
hi, i m/c about 4 weeks ago with my first pregnancy. I was roughly 7 weeks.   Me and my partner were really keen to try again and tryd soon after the bleeding stopped.   I havnt had my period yet and am not sure if i am pregnant again or whats happening.  Any one have any advice pleasse!
I know this is an older thread but I figured I'd add my experience. I had a miscarriage Jan 2, 2012 at 4.5 weeks and bled for about 5-6 days. Had a BhCg test the day after the miscarriage and it was <2. Had some slippery CM but didn't think much of it. About 4-5 days ago I had a tiny bit of spotting then 2-3 days ago my bbs started to hurt a LOT! Like more than PMS soreness, and I don't ever get that anyway. Well today I got a BFP! Still a bit nervous as I wasn't really expecting to be pg again so soon! Miracles do happen, and God really does have good plans for us! Keep hoping ladies!
Awww Ncakes congrats I had my mc jan 11th 2012, I have been very active with partner I have been getting a lot of watery milky white cm for the last week is this similar to the cm you experienced? Nurse said its normal and that it is my privates way of cleaning itself I could never remember my cm ever being like this before mc?
I too had a miscarriage, mine on jan. 12th of this year. My first mc it was devastating!!! I too have had watery discharge with some very little white discharge. I am having cramps again like I did with my mc. Is this normal? I wish I would just start my period. Have you started yours?
Hi guys, know this is an old thread but going through a similar thing.... I miscarried 4weeks ago now, was a very early miscarriage the doctor said i was only 1-2 weeks along. Pregnancy test came up negative so was a bit confused? Anyway, weve been ttc now and no period.... how long should you leave it until testing?
Hi TroubledGirl,

well i believe you should go to a clinic and do a blood test for pregnancy, this will end up all this anxiety :)
if it's positive then congratulation from now and if it's negative well good luck for later on but at least you will not be thinking you are pregnant and continue your daily life normally. less thinking => less stress

PS: one note on stress. Stress is the major issue that could delay the ovulation leading to a delayed period. it is very stressful when trying to conceive after a miscarriage..
so some exercising like jogging, yoga or any activity you add to your life will be a stress relief.
let us know about the blood test :) best of luck
Well I just had a miscarriage I was 7weeks and 4 days pregnant on march 16th but I start bleedin on the 15th of march and the doctor said my hcg level was 200 and he said if it go down I'm lose my baby and on the 17th I went to the ER and they took some test and my hcg level was 35 but I. Stop bleedin on the 19th of march could I still be pregnant because I'm still throw up every thing I. Eat I go to the bathroom every 5 minutes mood swings are crazy at times I feel movements in my stomach PLEASE HELP ME
I had a mc a month ago and bled for 5 days after that my husbnd n myself started trying again straight away I am normaly regular every month even in my first month pregnant but now I'm 3 days late an I don't want to get my hopes up an see a negitive test as this baby will be our first an the icing on our cake
I was told my hold entire life i would never have kids, so i never took the proper precautions to keep from being pregnant, for 8 years. On January 13 2012 Started feeling like i was pregnant so i took a test. (actually 5) ... with in 3 seconds these tests turned positive. i couldn't believe it. three days later on the 16th I went to the hospital because i started spotting, While i was there the did the first ultrasound and i found out i was 4 wks and 4 days with TWINS! We were very shock, scared but excited. I was blessed with not one but two. everything was fine i was just bleeding because of plantation. We went to hear the babies heartbeats on The babies fathers birthday February 8th, at 7wks 6 days. He said it was the best birthday present ever. all was well. On March 7th we went in i was 11wks and 6 days we went in expecting for them to be wiggling. Well they werent. There was no heartbeats on either one. they had stopped growing at 9 wks and 3 days, and 9 wks and 4 days(they were gone for three weeks). Of coarse i flipped out. i couldnt believe this was happening to me. I was scheduled for a DandC the following morning on the 8th of march,  I was in pain but i was and am still heart broken. On the 13th i passed a clot the size of a large pad, and i freaked  and rushed to the hospital. Come to find out they had left some " product" after the D&C. The hits just keep on coming. I had intercourse on the 16th,19th,20th-23rd. After my D&C all my symptoms literally stopped. Now 19 days after i feel like i am pregnant: heartburn nausea, but i dont think i have had a period. COULD IT BE!! :) I would be happy if so, but i dont want get my hopes up if its not possible. PLEASE HELP!  
Hello girls! My name is Samantha everyone calls me sammi! I am 19 has a misscairge about 2-3 weeks ago ans still not come on my period I so had my implant out on the 29th April could I be pregnant again or???

I'd someone could give me answers would be very greatful thanks!

E-mail if need be ***@****

Thanks again sammi
Why does nonone reply on here