Maternal & Child Community
4 wheeler riding while pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

4 wheeler riding while pregnant

Is it safe to ride 4 wheelers in early pregnancy?
Tags: maternal
ah....probably not
WAY TO RISKY !!!!
You could have a serious fall on those- I'd say no way.
Me being the person that I am went riding when I was 8 months pregnant with no problem, but if it really is a concern of yours talk to your Dr. He/She would be the best person to ask. My Dr. just laughed when I told them about it. The hardest part for me was having to go to the bathroom.
I like riding 4 wheelers too but I personally wouldn't do it while pregnanct.  Only b/c of the risk of falling.
No way!!! It's 9 months out of your life to saver and protect the baby, don't risk it!
Um, nope.  Sorry.
I would just ask your doc. I know that alot of women ride horses, and a horse is alot less dependible then a 4wheeler.  I know alot of them ride up to before they can not get up on the horse anymore.  Alot do things to before they even know they are pregnant.  So I would just ask, but if your carefull and don't go down to many steep hills or go to fast you'll probleby be ok, I wouldn't ride a three wheeler though they are more likely to flip over.  But a horse trots and jars you around pretty good, so how is that any worse then a four wheeler.
I rode snowmobiles when I was pg for my 2nd son.  Granted I was only a few weeks pg.  I just made sure that we were on a main trail and I did not do my hill climbing.  It just all depends on how you body takes it.  I was riding before I found out I was pg--so I think if your body is used to it--go for it.  Just make sure you are riding carefully and on trails that you know-so you won't be surprised with any quick turns or sudden drops that you don't know.