Maternal & Child Community
4 year old stool problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

4 year old stool problem

My 4 year old son has light colored stools, his stomach hurts, and today he had about an inch of stool with some blood in it, with a small blood clot. He is still active and feels fine, but I'm worried. What could be the problem?
my son has the same problem, but more and more his tummy hurts and then when he goes poop he has blood, we have an apt. on thuresday , i am worried!! did you find out what your son's problem is yet??? is so let me know
sorry to hear your son is sick. abdominal pains can mean a lot but coupled with light colored stool raise a flag. my hunch would be that it has something to do with the liver or gallbladder. liver might not be producing enough bile which explains the light colored stool or gallbladder could be blocked so the bile cant get to the intestines. with the small stool, he probably have obstruction - like a dry stool stuck- which explains the little one he could get around it and the blood could probably be just because he's straining to get past the obstruction. hope this helps. im not trying to diagnose coz im not a doctor, just trying to help. hope your baby feel better soon
i didnt notice i just answered a question posted in nov 2007. weird!!!
STAY AWAY FROM GENETICALLY  MODIFIED FOODS!! (GMOs) It must say Non-GMO on the package.  ALL CORN (most wheat)  from your regular mass producers (Think big name packaged goody companies and cereal companies) use GMO corn and wheat.  I know organic is more expensive. But GMOs cause a host of problems including INFIRTILITY in your child and grandchildren later on.  Many studies have recently reported studies which support this finding, GMO's are suspected to be the leading cause of  Irritable bowel Syndrome, Crone's disease etc.  It is known to be related to allergies and gut problems in young children.  Please do some research! This no small thing in your child's gut issues.  It may be the cause, it is definitely worsening things.  GMO's break open the cells in the digestive track using a GMO seed with built in insecticide! designed to grow crop which cracks open the insects gut on the inside.  Well guess what, it is doing it in humans too.  More and more problems related to these issues are being reported. People think "oh the problem is the wheat gluten" no the problem has become the wheat gluten because your gut can no longer process GMO wheat (sorry I digress) but get your child on Organic grains and fruits and veggies...."grains are the biggest culprit" of digestive issues right now...and now you know why. But don't take my word for it...INVESTIGATE for yourselves.  Research "Round Up" for more info. Peace.