Maternal & Child Community
41 and 38 wks preggo. Older moms...theres hope! 1 week away from c-sect...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

41 and 38 wks preggo. Older moms...theres hope! 1 week away from c-section.

Hi ladies. Its been some time since I have been on this site. I guess we use it most in our 1st and 2nd trimester. Although you never stop worrying if your baby is "normal" I think I backed off a little once I felt I was far enough along that all will be ok. What a support team you have all been!
I just wanted to give some hope to all those woman out there who are concerned about their age. Im an example of someone who got pregnant, had m/c, d+c and went on to have full term pregnancy. My big day is Feb 7th. Very nervous and excited.Hope it goes ok. :0)
Hi I will be 37 in May and due with my first child Aug 4th. At this point in my life I have no regrets having my first in my 30's. If I would have had a baby in my 20's I would probably have been a lousy parent and wife. Back than it was all about my high powered career. Now that I am married for a  little over two years to a wonderful guy, I feel we our ready to spoil a baby rotten!!! And hey at least they will keep us young running after them.

Quick background, I did miscarry December of 2005 at 9 1/2 weeks, and took a few months off after my DC and started trying again in August 2006, and found out I was pregnant Dec2, Scared to death with worry my first trimester, so now at 13 weeks and 4 days and a few doctor visits I feel more confident and excited about my pregnancy.

So to all moms to be, don't let others discourage you when they say you are getting to old to have kids, both of my sister n' laws had their children at 38 and 40 and they are beautiful and healthy.

Enjoy each day!!
Wow! Congratulations.. what did you do to get there?Anything special? There are plenty of older moms on this site who now will even be more inspired and have a positive outlook due to your post.
I wish you the very best .
Congratulations on the big day!!!  I too am a bit older...though I never think I am!!!  But the birthdate keeps confirming it for some stupid reason!

I am on #2 and have just gotten pregnant...so yes, we have those concerns...but I had them on #1 4 years ago as well.....

Best wishes!!!!

JT
Thank you for the inspiration....I am 40 and scared to death about having a baby at my age.  A surprise pregnancy and m/c has gotten us excited we could have one.  I wasn't really sure I could get pregnant, 7 years and on no bc.  Congratulations and keep us posted on your new bundle of joy!!!
That is so wonderful!  Thanks for posting and I pray everything goes well!  Please keep us posted!  I am 10w3d pregnant with my 5th child and I will be 39 when I deliver this one.  My youngest will be 6 when this one is born, so it has been awhile since I have done this.  And this is my first one over the age "35!". (that big scary number...haha)  I do worry some about my age, but I know God is in control!  I pray your delivery goes very smoothly!! How exciting!
Thanks for telling your story.  I too am 41 and am due Aug. 24.  I will be 11 weeks this Friday.  I had a m/c Sept. 2006.  Everything feels right this time.  My son will be starting his senior year of high school when this one is born.  He loves the idea and is looking forward to it.  I asked him if he was embarrassed and he couldn't figure out why he should be.  Several of his friends parents have had late in life babies.  I am looking forward to this baby.  This baby will bring some joy back into our home and help bring some healing to our entire family.  Our 12 year old son went to heaven last year due to a tragic accident.  It has been hard.  We didn't think we could even have more.  But God knew what we needed to help bring healing and joy to all of us.  This baby cannot replace what we lost, but will find a way into our hearts and make us smile again.  
Thanks for the great inspirational story!  I'm so happy for you!  Did you do anything special, like injectibles, IUI, clomid, etc.???
You wrote: "Wow. I didnt realize there were this many woman on this site that were 40ish. Thats so encouraging.
Thank you all for your comments. No I did'nt have to take any injections or go through ivf. I was lucky to have gotten pregnant on my own after being on b/c pill for 20 yrs. I would love to have a sibling for this lil miracle but Im afraid Im pushing my luck and should be thankful with my little baby girl coming on wed. What do you think?"

I'm 42 and due in 20 days (scheduled c-section).  I sometimes think it would be nice for this baby to have a sibling close to her age, but I feel the same way, too--like I might be pushing my luck.  My first trimester was very upsetting (I was told I was miscarrying twice and refused a D&C and then ended up not miscarrying after all).  I ended up having an amnio because I was such an emotional wreck with worry.  Our son will be 11 in May and I'm thinking I need to just be thankful that I have been so fortunate to be able to have the beautiful family that I have and thankful that I could even get pregnant and carry to term a healthy baby at my age.

Those are just my thoughts for me, though.  I do still think about it.  You have to decide what's best for you and your family.  But I do understand how you are feeling.

Congratulations to you and good luck with your delivery!!!
I'm 40, due Aug 24.  I had 2 mc last year and had decided to stop trying.  I guess God had a differant plan in mind.
Wow. I didnt realize there were this many woman on this site that were 40ish. Thats so encouraging.
Thank you all for your comments. No I did'nt have to take any injections or go through ivf. I was lucky to have gotten pregnant on my own after being on b/c pill for 20 yrs. I would love to have a sibling for this lil miracle but Im afraid Im pushing my luck and should be thankful with my little baby girl coming on wed. What do you think?
Im so sorry to hear about the loss of your 12 yr old. Congrats on your pregnancy you must be thrilled! A happy and healthy 9 mos to you.
Hang in there girl, its bound to happen soon. Maybe this weekend you'll get BFP! I will pray for you. Good luck and keep us posted :)
Thank you for your comments.  As soon as I have this baby, I am not going to use any birth control.  If we can have 1 more that would be awesome.  I hate to raise a little one all by themselves.  I have a good friend whose husbands mother was 44 when she had him.  I hear a lot of stories like that.  I will just see what the will of God is.  If I am just to have this one and my teenager, then so be it.
Thanks for your post it gives me hope, Im 41 and have had 3 mc in past year,last one in sept we try and try but nothing so far this weekend we will be testing for BFP.
I understand the desire to make a sibling for your 1st child.  I have a 2 1/2 yr old son that I delivered when I was 40.  I turn 43 tomorrow and have been having a bit of difficulty "making" a sibling.  I've had 2 m/c's in the past year and am still plugging away.  The good news is--I know I can still get pg.  I think everyone should do what's right in their heart.  I'm currently ovulating so hopefully this will be our month!  Good luck with your c-section and enjoy every moment with your new bundle of joy when he or she arrives!