4cm dilated,90% effaced at 37 weeks, how much longer till I go into labor???
I am 36 weeks and 6 days. I went to the hospital this am for a NST b/c I have GD and was told that I was a good 4 cm and 90% thinned out. On Fri. I was 3 cm. I was scheduled for a c-section on 1/7 due to having a 4th degree tear with DD. This am they changed me to an induction on 12/31 and th DR. thinks I should try for a vaginal. She also sad that it was not likely that I would make it to the 31st without going into labor. I feel fine and normal though. How long have any of you stayed this dilated b/f going into labor. I am also worried about why this is happening so soon. He is not due until 1/15. Also , I would love any opinions on whether or not I would tear as bad this time. I am concerned b/c lately I have had some incontinence issues that I think are related to my previous 4th degree.
CYW
wow 4 cm usually u should be in the hospital...staying dilated 1-3 cm is normal but 4 and 90% thinned out i think its soon for you good luck
I had a friend who was 4 cm for 2 weeks, so it is anyone's guess. Hey, if you go into labor before the end of the year and you live here, he'll give you a nice little tax break : )

With my first I had a 3rd degree episiotomy, but with my 2nd and 3rd I had barely a tear. One stitch versus 45 minutes of intense stitching following the birth of my first. My 2nd and 3rd babies weighed more, but were also 1.4 inches longer. I was much more adept at pushing out my second and third as I went pain med free. Too many variables to say whether they will be similar experiences.

Here's hoping you have a smooth and relatively painless delivery, culminating in the birth of a happy and healthy little man!
when i was 4cm, i gave birth 3 hours later.  it could be soon or 5 weeks from now.  everyone is different.  good luck.
tmv
Difficult to predict. It would be a guess, actually.  I went months dilated. Best wishes.
they should have kept you in the hospital!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My doc said i was completly effaced and 3 cm dialated on Saturday and still nothing has happened so who knows. It is really different with everyone.
So hard to say, I was at a 3 for a good month each time and stayed at a 4 most of the day the second time.  My neighbor was at a 5 all day and stayed at work since she works at her o/b office.  She finally wnet in after work and still had to have her water broken as she was not contracting or moving along at all.  I had a 4th degree with my first, he was a big boy.  They induced a week early with baby #2 and it was so much better. he was just under 9 lbs. as opposed to a little over 10 lbs. the first time around.  I had some issues too durning the second pregnancy from the scar tissue, but only had second degree tearing and recovered so fast.  I bet you will be fine going a little early, good luck!
HI,

I am also 4cm dilated, 100% effaced, head at zero station at my 37 week and 1 day visit with my second but no active labor just lots of braxton hicks in the evening.  My due date is 1/15/08.  I also wonder how much longer I can go like this.  Keep us posted.