Maternal & Child Community
5 1/2 weeks pregnant Spotting some cramping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am 5 1/2 weeks pregnant. This past wednesday I woke up and I had bleed over night about half my panty liner was full of red blood and i felt some cramping. I thought it was because my husband and I had had sex just the night before, but I went to the ER and they did an ultra sound and they couldnt see anything because "Maybe it was too soon". But they asked me to go back fri. to draw more blood so they can see if the level was multipling. I have not received results yet. Well today sat. I spotted red blood like a quarter size and also when I whipe myself followed with minimal cramps. I am rh-negative and they gave me the rhogam on wed. I dont know if that has anything to do with it. Im also worried because this past May I had a miscarrige at about 12 weeks. Just now its been about 4 hours since the last spotting and I have some blood in panty liner. (Very little) Whats going on with me?
Try not to panic until you have the results of the blood work.  I spotted red blood with my daughter.  Take it easy as much as you can.  If you see any tissue or clots in the blood then go to the er. Stressing over it will not help.  Hope everything is ok, keep us posted:)
The best thing you can do right now is stay off of your feet...drink plenty of water.  Keep your feet up.  And like the above poster said...check for clots or tissue. And if the cramping gets bad go back to the ER.  Right now, i think that the only thing you can really do is ride it out and see what happens until the results come in.  I would also make sure that they do a follow up test after 48hours of the first one to see if your numbers doubled.  Keep us updated.  I'll be thinking about you.
Thank You! I'll keep you posted.
I WOKE UP THIS MORNING WITH SPOTTING AND CRAMPS BUT MY BOYFRIEND NUTTED IN ME THE 16TH OF LAST MONTH AND I HAVE ALREADY HAD MY PERIOD IN NOVEMBER COULD THIS MEAN I AM PREGNANT PLEASE HELP ME
I am 5 !/2 weeks and I had a u/s and it was empty and my doctor said it was to soon but my sac was perfectly round. I just startedbleeding yesterday and today. They told me it was normal unless I start bleeding bright red. Any advice?
I agree with your doctor.  Too soon to tell anything on an ultrasound, and not entirely unusual to spot or bleed early in pregnancy.  Good luck!
had a ultrasound 2 days ago, saw the sac w/yolk, but the next day i staring milding bleeding and then a very small clot fell out w/gray matter, now i am seeing browing tissue or brown blood when i wipe, and today starting to cramp. could i have already lost my baby?
First I am really sorry for the scariness you are going through. Its rough. I know because In june I found Out I was pregnant and then at almost 6 weeks I miscarried and it was rough. I woke up and went to the bathroom and there were clots and then I cramped really bad and then it just got worse and i went to er and they did the U/s and nothing was there and I was still heavily  bleeding and then they did my blood test which came out that my levels were decreasing and I was back to 0 pregnancy hormones within two weeks. It was the worse experience I've ever been through. It would have been my first child and it hurt me to the heart. My boyfriend and I really wanted a child. It would have been his first child also.

I really hope you don't have to go through what I went through.   I hope this is just early preg bleeding and nothing more. Rest up! And Babydust....
I'm having an unusual period. It was very light blood from the start and now a bit red, at some point turns pink too. I am also seeing small clots and ones in dots,,,,,I'm unsure what's going on. I am also experiencing some mild cramp on my lower abdomen. Could I be pregnant? HELP!
I am 5 weeks prego and I just had blood in the toilet after a bowel movement and am having slight cramping. I hope everything will be ok. my first prenatal apt. isnt for 2 more weeks. what should i do?