Maternal & Child Community
5 Weeks Pregnant--Sharp Pain in Lower Left Side of Stomach
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

5 Weeks Pregnant--Sharp Pain in Lower Left Side of Stomach

Is an on and off sharp pain in my left lower abdomen normal at 5 weeks?  It feels similar to the pain of an ovarian cyst.  I am going to call my Dr.  I am just curious if anyone else has had sharp pains, not really cramping.  It is worse when I urinate or sneeze or something.  Thank you for your advice!
Related Discussions
11 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I too get sharp pains in my lower abdomen and plan to ask my doctor about it on wednesday. I'll post his response.
Blank
I called my Dr. and she sent me to the ER to get an ultrasound...just got back home.  I have a cyst on my left ovary.  She said it is fine and it won't hurt the baby.  I have a history of cysts, so she was not surprised.  Please let me know what your Dr. says too though, I am curious to hear.  How far along are you?
Blank
I remember getting sharp pains on my right side. Everything is changing in there. Your ligaments and uterus is streching and growing. But if its very very painful  go to the emergency. It will take that worry off your mind.
Blank
Hey there I am also 5  weeks and I am getting pain on my left lower stomach. I am going to my doctor
Blank
Hi.  I'm six weeks pregnant and I am getting this too.  I'm going for an ultrasound in a few days.  I'm very worried and hoping that it is not ectopic.
Blank
im 11weeks pregnant just wanted to know would this effect my unborn baby. im getting abdominal pain in my lower left side of my stomach
Blank
sam r u 11 weeks pregnant
Blank
I have been having sharp left side pains and stomach pain are depeding on how I move.I did one of the pregnancy calculators from my last period on 10-30 it said I was 22 weeks pregnant.My first child I had no symptoms at all and didn't know I was pregnant until 2 in a half weks before I had him.I took every pregnancy test prier to the positive and they all said negative,my positive showed up april 29,2002 and i had my son may 15,2002. I don't want to go throught that again. Am I having the correct thought of being pregnan or what?
Blank
hi im having sharp pains on my right and left side of my womb not sure if i preg took test said neg.. Ive been getting sickness boobs ect but im scared if i am will it tear my scar from c section..
Blank
I am aslo having this side pain on my left side.. i am 5-6 weeks pregnant and just woendering what it is.. i am going to see my gp on monday...the pain is not serious but m just worried.. the otehr thing i am satring to eat too much.. i feel hungry after every 2 hours.. i dnot know if this is  normal or what... p
Blank
Hey, I'm five weeks pregnant and I lifed sum bags up not hevey or enyfink I sneezed and had a bad pain in my belly I'm abit worryed has eny one had this befor? Get bak to me plzz x
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...