Maternal & Child Community
5 Weeks along and still cramping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

5 Weeks along and still cramping

I am exactly 5 weeks pregnant today and still having some cramping. I mc back in May after 5+ weeks so of course I am very scared. I have low progesterone and am on Prometrium and my progesterone levels are great but my dosctor tested my HCG level on Friday and then again on Tuesday and she said it was going up but not as much as she would like it to. She is seeing me next week to do a full exam and test my levels again. Has anyone had cramps for longer then a couple of days while pregnant? I have had no bleeding but everytime I go to the bathroom, I check. I feel like any day I am going to lose this pregnancy as well. My cramps sometimes feell like like AF like cramps and other times, there is just pain. I am really trying to stay positive but it is hard.
Sorry to interupt... but you are 12 1/2 weeks?  Me too, to the day.  Just curious, what's your due date?  And as far as the cramping, I had quite a bit of pain for the first week after I found out I was pregnant, but it's a lot better now.
I am 5 weeks 5 days today and I still get cramping here and there but last weekend I had lots of cramps and now I'm fine. I think it was my uterus already growing. I am now really sick at night. I have had 2 previous m/c's this year and I have a 2 year old son. So, every little thing makes me nervous but I'm more relaxed this time because there's nothing you can do if you are to m/c. That's why I'm not seeing a DR. until 8-10 weeks. Don't drive yourself crazy!!! I hope everything turns out good for you and you have your baby in 9 months!!! Good Luck!
I had on and off cramping up to 15 weeks with backpains.  I'm now 25 weeks and everything is fine.  The doc told me it was normal because there is a lot of stretching for the first couple of months.  You're body is going through a lot of changes.  Don't worry I'm sure everything is ok.  I too had a m/c before this pregnancy but try to relax.
I actually had quite a bit of cramping when I was first pregnant but I feel okay now.. I am 12.5 wks
I had cramps a lot in the beginning and I still get them every now and then and I'm 15 weeks. Did your dr tell you what the numbers were?
I had period like cramping right up till 12 weeks on a regular basis. I still cramp every once in a while & I am 16 weeks.
Thank you all for your support and wisdom. I just called my Dr. and found out on September 5th my HCG level was 450. Is that realy low? I wasn't even 5 weeks yet and really, I know exactly when we concieved so I am only 3 weeks pregnant but 5 since my last AF.

My due date is March 20
Me too!  March 20th, but have to have a c-section so it will probably be around the 13th.
I'm in my 7th week, and I still have days of crampiness. Sometimes it's worse than others, but it's still there.

I wouldn't worry too much...just try to relax as much as possible, because worrying too much can make you tense, which will make the cramping worse.

Good luck!
I cramped right up through 13 wks!  I was petrified of every little twinge!  But everyone, including the Dr. says it's normal!  He explained it like this..and i quote..."You have things in there that are implanting....that means that they're digging in...I bet if i threw a placenta on your thigh, you'd have a bit of a leg cramp!"  He had me laughing for at least an hour after my appt!  I would try to relax until your next appt.  I was on prometrium too!  Good luck!
Hi there..  I am 9w2d and have had cramping from the beginning, had the cramping before i even knew i was pg! thought it was my periods coming. I have spoken to alot of mothers who say they had the same thing, so im not so worried about it anymore. As long as there is no bleeding with it.
Hello Flikwerks, it's weird reading your blog I feel like I wrote it.  I am going through the exact same thing.  I found out I was prego and got levels tested at 4 weeks HCG 174 and Prog. 10 They put me on Prometrium.  I have cramps all the time.  Not terribly sharp but cramps.  No bleeding also.  I haven't been back to the dr since I'm waiting for Friday 15th to take my first sonogram.  I will be 7 weeks by then.  I haven't had my levels checked b/c they will prob. end up telling me I have to wait for the sonogram to tell us more HB, ect...  I want to go to the emergency room and get a sonogram this waiting is killing me.  HCG numbers can be indicative and they can be inconclusive.  Don't rely on them too much; wait until you can see the baby on a sonogram.  I don't know if you feel like me but sometimes I feel so sad that this pregnancy (god willing) is filled with worry and stress.  I look at women that have not had multiple miscarriages or even 1 and they are for the most party enjoying their pregnancy.  I walk around waiting for the ball to drop.  It's terrible but true.  Some people take having a healthy baby for granted.  Please keep in touch I want to hear about your happy outcome
Im 5 weeks and still having period like cramping and sometimes its sharp pains please tell me this is normal!  This is my first pregnancy!!!!
I am now 6 wks to day and I had cramps from the day my period was due til 3 days ago ( so I had cramps for 2 wks).  I actually went to the ER because I thought something was wrong because I have a history of M/c's and tubal.  The dr told me that everything was ok.  Don't worry it's normal.  I know, i know it's hard.  I still worry....Good luck
I am 5 weeks 2 days, I have had 5 mc and a tubal. Cramping all the time. I keep reading that it's normal, but can't help but be completely freaked out and scared.
My dr. appt isn't until next week....ugh.
I'm 5 wks today and the pain I'm feelin is kinda scaring me. I never had a mc but this pain is only in my right side and it's goin down my leg. I'm guessing the baby is on my right side. Unlike everyone else I have a heart shaped uterus so I'm considered high risk. I don't want to upset myself and bother the doctor if I'm ok. Does anyone have cramps goin down their leg