Maternal & Child Community
5 months after 2nd c section still tender anyone else experience this

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

5 months ago I had an elective c section as my first pregnancy ended in c section all went well. I feel pretty good but Im still a little tender where I was cut they cut me in the same place as first time and scar has healed well on the outside as I got the nurse to check it out. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and is it normal my c sections were 20 months apart so are just wondering if it takes longer to heal. thanks
Abdominal surgery often takes a while to feel entirely healed.  My c-section scar is still like I did too many sit-ups (stomach is sore to press on) and my boy was born three and a half months ago.  A second pregnancy will have tired your muscles that were pulled around a lot by the first pregnancy, too, so they might have a little less snap to pop back to pre-preggo shape.
I did not have a C section, but I did tear completely through my rectum.  The scar tissue was very sensitive and still is 3 and 1/2 yrs later.  I was very uncomfortable throughout my last pregnancy too.  My sis commented that hers was a little sensitive though and her first 2 kiddos are 17 months apart, then she had another one 29 months later, all C sections.  I hope you feel better soon, you will get some great advice here. Congrats!
when you had 2nd c-sec did the dr cut out the old scar tissue and stitch or just restitch w/scar tissue still there?
i had a c-sec 27mo ago and have chosen to have c-sec this time, 23wks pg. i asked the dr at the last visit how the procedure would be done. i had heard if dr doesn't cut out old scar tissue and just restitches then it doesn't heel as well. dr said he will cut through same site and cut out old tissue and restitch.

also though after my c-sec i would notice that sometimes around my incision i would get sharp pains, like a needle being poked there. i asked dr about it and he explained that this sometimes happens when the nerves fuse back together. i still occasionally get those sensations. you might be experiencing something like that.
Thank you Annie and Critter you made me feel less stressed I thought it maybe something to do with it being a second c section I dont think I realised how major the surgery is as its so fast. Thanks again this website is great for advice. Critter poor u still being sore for so long down there ouchie one of my good mates got tore like that and had to have surgery and said is unlikely to happen 2nd time around but it did and surgery again ouch take care.
Hey I have no idea what they did im from new zealand I had a lovely american lady do my c section I just know she cut the same place where I was cut first time but my other friend got cut in a different place and has 2 scars I had a screen up hubby and I didnt see a thing too scared but was extremely lucky I choose to have a c section as bubs had swallowed meconium very scarey but after a night in neonatal with antibotics she was great is extremely rare with elective. thanks for your comments its great to hear about others stories.
Yes, the doc usually cuts the scar right off.  In other words, imagine the scar tissue is a line about four to eight inches long and maybe 1/2" wide, of denser tissue than the muscle and so forth around it.  The way it was explained to me is that the doctor just removes that whole tough little strip and then sews up the clean edges of the cut.