5 week old has cold
ok, so I have a 5 week old and she has had a cold for a little over a week now.  She is half congested meaning that sometimes she can breath just fine, other times  she sounds snokelly (thats what we call it anyways).  I do the nose sucker but don't get much, I do the saline drops, but feel like I am drowning her, and she ends up more raspy, but I can't get anything out the nose, it just is too deep.  I put the humidifier in her room, but it scares me alittle because she'll get really wheezy, and snokel alot.  Sometimes it seems the flem gets so bad that she is gaging and can't breath, like she is choking.  I took her to the dr. last week (tues) and he said just use nose sucker, saline drops, and ride it out.  Any other suggestions for such a young baby.
tmv
I used baby noses-a mild aromatic rub for the nose to open up the sinuses. It's similar to vicks salve, but not as strong. Sometimes tylenol will help some with the inflamation inside, but it's so hard at this age to give anything. Definitely monitor for a temp above 100.5 and report it to the dr. Take care and I praying for a speedy recovery!
i have always used vicks.. right under the nose.. maybe you can dilute it by mixing some with vaseline.... man.. only 5 weeks old.. i am sooo sorry.. even when zane gets snokeled from just the dry air here.. and i use the drops and the sucky thing... i hate it.. i also feel like i am drowning the poor little guy.. are you breastfeeding? maybe you could take loads of vit C and lots of garlic. maybe that would speed up her recovery since thebaby will get some...

im so sorry.. i wish i knew something else..<]-(