5 week u/s
I had my hcg bloodwork done when I was 5 weeks 1 day and it was 3100 and two days later it was 7300.  The doctor said I was pregnant.  I am just worried because I had an ultra sound when I was 5 weeks and all they saw was a sac.  I had a miscarriage last month so they did an ultra sound to see if it was tissue left over or a new pregnancy.  Ultra sound tech said that is was not from miscarriage but could be a amniotic sac.  I asked her if I could still be pregnant and she said that if I am it is  not a normal pregnancy and will probably need a D&C.  Now I am so confused because my numbers doubled and doctor acts like everything is fine, but I am just worried about what the tech said.  Could she have seen something that the doctor did not see?  Why would she say it is not a normal pregnancy and will need a D&C?  She said it measured 5 weeks and when I had the ultra sound done I was 5 weeks.  Anyone had anything like this????  I go back in two weeks for another ultra sound.
your numbers sound great and at 5 weeks your not going to see much anyways. it sounds great to me but then again im not a doctor
I agree with Kim. At 5 weeks its really difficult to see anything but a sac. As hard as it is you will just have to try to be optimisitc, wait another week and see if you can see a fetal pole. If after another week you are still just seeing a sac that is still measuring 5 weeks 1 day then it could possibly be a "blighted ovum" or something like that, unfortunately, but your hcg results look good so just keep your fingers crossed and count down the days!