Maternal & Child Community
5 weeks 6 days pregnant..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

5 weeks 6 days pregnant..

Please help.  I am on my 3rd pregnancy and have yet to have a child, so my nerves are a little on edge.  I just had an u/s at 5wks/6days.  It showed a gestational sac(a very, very small one) but no yolk sac.   My doctor tells me it may be just too early to see the rest.  However, every web site I have seen mentions that by this time you should AT least see a GS and a YS if not a fetal pole. Is this true or should I be preparing myself for another miscarriage or is it possible that it is just too early. I have another u/s scheduled for next week.  Also, if this is another misc. my husband and I want to find a great infertility specialist.  Can anyone reccommend someone in the NYC/Boston area??  Any information either way would be so helpful.  This waiting is just killing me.  Thank you
Please don't worry yet. At your gestation it is TOO EARLY to be able and see anything. Wait until you know for sure before you get worried.
Did they do a transvaginal ultrasound?  If they did, then they should see the sac and the yolk.  But it also depends on the ultrasound equipment they are using...if its old then I wouldn't trust it.  Im sorry to hear about your past 2 miscarriages.  I have been pregnant 3 times and I have 1 baby...the first pregnancy was great but the next two ended in miscarriage...I just had my second miscarriage on March 30th.  It's so frustrating going through this.  You would think having a baby would be easier...there are billions of people in the world, but it's not.  I read somewhere that humans are the most infertile animals on the planet...why can't we be like rabbits!!  Well I really hope you get good news next week.  I think I might also be pregnant again, but I don't really want to know yet...its hard to get excited about being pregnant when you keep having miscarriages.  Also, I just had a D&C so it wouldn't be good for me to be pregnant again so sooon after that.  Anyways, good luck next week...hopefully this will be a healthy pregnancy for you.
I would say its TOO EARLY as of yet most u/s like you at 8 weeks. Try to relax (I know its hard when your thinking of previous miscarriages--Ive been there)
Stressing is not good for you or baby.
As long as your not bleeding or cramping, Take one day at a time
Blowing baby dust ......whoooooooooooooooo............
Best of luck..
I had an u/s done around 5weeks (and some days) and they saw nothing but the sac.I had one done at 6 weeks and they saw the sac and got a HB of 100 BPM. They did one at 7weeks and the HB was 177 BPM.  I now have a beautiful(very beautiful now that she is napping ... lol) 1 month old DD.
Congrats!
Please read the post I sent out from 5/4. It is titled empty gestational sac... I had the same problem and i detail it there and some people left some good info. Another lady referred me to a website that was very helpful, you should check it out. You probabbly ovulated later than you thought. I hope things go well, I bet they will.
Shawana
I thank all of you guys for the advice, support, hugs and especially the baby dust!:-)  I am just going to try and stay calm and focus on only today.  I wish all of you great success and happiness in your current and/or future pregnancies. It's so nice to know that this website is out there.  I will write again after my u/s on 6/3/05.  I'll be saying a lot of prayers.  Thanks again.
You are WAY too early to see something yet.  This is very common at this number of weeks.  Although some pregnancies may see more at this number of weeks, it is not the norm.  Many web-sites will tell you that it can take up to 7 wks.  I highly agree with this.  Many things can contribute to seeing something later - tilted uterus, low mhz u/s, late implantation, late ovulation, ect..  Hang in there.  I know it is difficult.  Time will tell what is going on.  In the mean time, I encourage you to visit this web-site.  There are many cases there where women were misdiagnosed as having a miscarriage and ended up with fine pregnancies.  I hope all goes well for you.  Keep us posted.

http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/forums
I just found out today that I am pregnant 5 weeks and 6 days.... Very shocking. My first time. idk what to do. I'm hoping you can help. I'm 20 years old. Very scared.