Maternal & Child Community
5 weeks pregnant and exhausted

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

5 weeks pregnant and exhausted

I am 5 weeks pregnant and I cannot get out of bed during the day. Its impossible to wake up and get going. I'm in bed until 4pm everyday. I literally feel so wiped out. I have more energy at night but I'm still tired. I go to bed at about 2am which is normal for me but even with 8 hours of sleep I cant get out of bed the next day. anybody else dealt with this in early pregnancy....
Yes, it's soooooooo common. It usually happens in early pregnancy and again in the end. I'm getting towards my end so I'm exhausted. I am awake for maybe 8 or 12hrs a day and i sleep the rest. It was the same way when I was in the beginning too. It's the hormonal change in your body.
I know how you feel!  I noticed I got really tierd a few days before we got a positive test, and it has only gotten worse.  I have already started to take it easy and cut down my hours at work so I can give myself more time to relax.  I'm 11 weeks and pregnant with quadruplets and I am measuring at 20 weeks and just feel so huge and bloated and that makes it even worse!  Just hang in there!  I try and eat an orange every morning because it is a little sour and I find it helps me wake up because I wont drink pop or coffee while pregnant!
wow quads...thats amazing. thanks for the idea I'll definitely try the orange. and good luck with all of your babies...
Thanks, it has already been a wonderful ride!!  So far no issues either, so that is good news.  Just try and find something sort of sour for breakfast, I think that it just really helps to wake me up and get going.  And try and shower right before or right after breakfast, that always helps me wake up too but make sure its not too warm otherwise you will get too comfy and want to go back and lay down! Lol.
Yes, being tired is normal at least that is what I am being told by everyone around me.   I am 7 weeks pregnant and still totally exhausted, but everyone keeps telling me it gets better in the second trimester.  I have been trying to go to bed earlier, take it easier during the day, and nap whenever I can.  I hope it gets easier for you!
NewMommy08...congrats! Quads...wow! That is awesome!!!
thank you for all the great suggestions. Luckily I'm a stay at home mom so I don't have to get up too early, though my two year old keeps me quite busy. I'm just starting to feel the nausea that so often goes along with pregnancy. The first time around I couldn't hold down water. I lost 15 lbs in the first 3 months of pregnancy. Hopefully it never gets that bad again. I'm so happy that all is well with you and your babies. Good luck and thanks again for being so helpful
Im feeling so sleepy only 5 weeks but i feel so bloated and tired...my husband also is very sleepy.....congratulations to all the new mommys ... ;)