Maternal & Child Community
5 weeks pregnant but bleed for 3 days, miscarriage?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

5 weeks pregnant but bleed for 3 days, miscarriage?

Hi, I found out i am/was pregnant last week on tuesday.. I took a second test on thurs which was also positive my date from the doctor works out that i am now about 5 weeks 1 day. I have previously had a missed miscarriage in januray, so i have been quite tense since finding out last week. Anyway, on Monday I woke up and went to the bathroom to find i was bleeding,it started fairly light so i went to the doctor as i had an appointment already booked and he told me he would not arrange a midwife or any tests etc untill i go back to the doctors in 2 weeks to tell them whether im still pregnant or not by doing a test in the morning before i go in!? which i am very unhappy about as i now have no one to talk to or ask questions! well as the day went on my bleeding got heavier but i had no cramps or pains just some aching. On tuesday the bleeding was lighter and wednesday even lighter that it had completely stopped. thursday i had some light spotting of brown blood but thats cleared up too. I've had no cramps or pains and only had small amount of very small blood clots. I still have a week and 3 days to wait until I go back to the doctors and he told me not to do a test until that day as hormones may make a test still say positive at the moment even if i have miscarried?

Can anybody help me or give me some advice? shall i go to see another doctor? I've read other forums and people have said they had blood tests and something to do with numbers? im not sure what that is but should i have had this done? I'm so confused and really need some help. any advice would be most appreciated!