Maternal & Child Community
5 weeks pregnant but only see only SAC no fetus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Per my LMP i am 5 weeks pregant. But the doctor not seen the fetus only the SAC Please advise i am very excited for this pregnancy after my m/c last August 7, 2006.
I had my 1st ultra sound with this pregnancy at 5w3d and alls i saw then was a sac, by 7wks I had a puffy peanut with a strong heartbeat! I really believe it is just too early but seeing a sac is fantastic.  I had a mc in May and I didnt see a sac until 9wks and by then it was too late and I mc'ed, I wasnt as stressed this second time only seeing a sac at 5wks as it was already more and sooner then the last time.  Best of luck!
Thanks for your immediate response. I really really excited for this pregnancy but on the back of my mind i am really afraid to suffer again the m/c. We almost two years waiting to having a baby.

May I know the size of your baby when you see the gestation?
I know what it is like to be exciting after waiting sooooo long for a baby.  We have been trying just over 2.5years and had extensive fertility treatment to get me where we are today.  When I first saw the gest sac it measured right on the 5 weeks with no baby, went back 2weeks later and saw baby at 7w5d it measured approx 20mm then at 10w2d it had grown to 33.5mm with a hb of 168bpm.  Never loose hope, especially in the early stages!  Friday I heard the hb for the first time and I cried like a baby...lol.  I am due June 1st, I really think it will be ok for you.
How happy i am to hear from you that your baby is going great. Thank you so much for your wonderful response. I hope next week I see my baby so that I can experience also what you feel when you saw your baby. Keep me posted until we give birth. I you want you can email me at ***@****. thanks
at 5w4d i didnt c anything just a sac.But at 6w5d we saw the baby with heart beat..
im so glad u posted this question...i had a vaginal scan last thursday and i was measuring 5 weeks....saw the sac and a yolk sac...no heartbeat or anything.,....then silly me doing some reaserch read a post on here where the girl said she saw a heartbeat at 4 weeks....oh my god did i panic!!! i thought she must be wrong...or why didnt i see my babies heartbeat...ive got another scan this thursday...god im so scared...what happens if it isnt growing? or there still isnt a heart beat... i also miscarried this year in june and im absolutely petrified
at 5 weeks all I saw was a sac.  at 6 weeks I saw a sac and pole and seven one with a hb.  good luck don't stress way too early.  
I'm not sure how far I am because i have had a history of missing periods, but I had an ultrasound on 11/15 at the ER and they only saw sac. Tomorrow I go for ultrasound and hopefully, please cross your fingers they see something. My hormone levels have increased but not quite doubled so im not sure.
HELLO EVERYONE ..I WENT INTO THE DOCTOR YESTERDAY AND TOO AT ONLY 51/2 WEEKS SAW A SAC THE DOCTOR SAID THIS IS EXCATLY WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE, IM JUST STILL SO VERY WORRIED BECAUSE I HAD TWO MISCARRIAGES , WITH MY SON I TIRED ONE TIME GOT PREGNANT AND THAT WAS IT AND NOW WE HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR OVER A YEAR SO IM HOPEING AND PRAYING THAT THIS IS A HEALTHY PREGNANCY...ANYONE HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS YET?
Hi Wife Last Period is Nov 13, 2006, She is pregnant, today (12/23/2006), 4 weeks 4 days is happening, HCG levels are 2965, no sac yet. Dr is saying this is not a healthy Pregnancy. She got miscarrage (miscarriage) two times. We don't want to loose the baby. Any Advice please
I went to get an ultrasound today and the tech said that i was 5w4d....sac, no fetus...no heartbeat....i went to my ob last week and we heard a heartbeat, how is this possible...i miscarried 5months ago...and always had irregular periods
I started bleeding last night like I had started my period. I went to the hospital where they gave me something to stop the bleeding (which didnt) and they gave me an ultrsound. I thought I was at 6 weeks but the u/s measured me as just goin into my 5th week. So all I got to see was the sac, no heartbeat or anything.Then the nurse found another sac, a sign of twins. Well I wasnt too suprised by that considering it runs in my family. She said that usually every pregnancy starts out with a twin and that you usually lose one and that could be whats happening to me. Is that true? I'm still so worried about a mc. My first app with my OB isnt until Jan 14 because of the holidays. I dont know what to do or whats normal.  Could I be having a mc with one of the twins? Im not having any pain. Just bleeding. Thanks.
i went for an ultrasound this past friday (1/18/07).  was told by the ultra sound tech that my gestational sack measured 6 weeks but could not see a baby.  she seemed concerned about this, but there was no doctor there i could talk to until monday!  is this common?  
I know exactly how you feel. I should mathmatically be a little less than 6 weeks. Probably around 5w and 3d. I had a little spotting yesterday so I went to the doctor. They found the sac but no heartbeat or baby in the sac. The doctor didn't tell me if this was normal or not. She didn't show any emotions. She told me to come back in a week or two and they would look again. My sac measured me at 4 w and 4 days but in my heart I can't believe this is right because I know the day I ovulated. I have heard a lot of people say this can be common, I know how you feel since I am going throught the same thing. The waiting is the hardest part. Please keep me informed about how things go for you. Maybe it will give us bothgood news.
i am 6w 6days> i went to the er because i was spotting > they saw the sac and the baby, they told me to go home and get some rest and follow upwith my ob in 2-3days, the next morning the bleeding looked like my period, so i went to the er at another hospital, they claim to see the sac but no baby... my hcg levels was at 2275 the first night i went to the er, and the next day at 2157...
can anybody tell me is i am going thu a mc or what> they couldnt comfirm anything in the er> they told me to go back in 2days>
Wish me luck!
Wish me luck!
ok> i went yesturday to the er> they redid my blood test and ultrasound> my hcg levels are going up> and in the ultrasound it should i am 4w2d, they saw the sac but no baby> they told me to go home that everything is normal> i am still worried because i ambleeding as if its my period> Can anybody tell me if this is normal> :(
i went to get a  ultrasound on 2-7 and she said that see could see a sac but that is was to early to see anything else......i thought i was 8 weeks but i am eregular, she said that i could not be more  then 5 weeks.....I dont know if i should be worried...she didnt seem worried and she said i would have to go back for in a few weeks....is this ok? should i be worried? Is it still to early at 5 weeks to see anyhting? plz help!
I went for my first ultrasound yesturday...I should have been 5 weeks exaclty yesturday.  The tech saw a sac but she said I was not measuring 5 weeks at all.  I know when I ovulated and my levels are going up?  Am I on the verge of a non-viable pregnancy?
I also went for an ultrasound last monday, the tech told me they saw a sac and no heartbeat. My doc said I was 7 weeks and I'm reading all your stories about the same situation but yours were all at 5 weeks and seen at 6 weeks or so. Is it possible for my situation to have the same happy outcome? It has been a very emotional time and I have to wait another week until my next US.
Hello, I went to the docters with my sister inlaw yesterday for her 1st ultrasound, she is about 51/2 weeks pregnant,well...she thinks, but when they did the vaginal u/s the docter couldn't see a sac, she has takin 3 at home pregnancy test and all came back positive..Has anyone gone though this before?? Maybe she miss calcutated and its to early?? Or could you still see the sac at 4-5 weeks??
hey, i also went to my gyno yesterday i am 51/2 weeks pregnant this is my second pregnancy and i never had any miscarriage.  i had a healthy pregnancy four years ago.  my gyno had an abdominal scan yeaterday and told me that he could only see a sac but no heartbeat or baby.  i was so scared and worried because my mum,dad and my husband all are so excited about this pregnancy and my little daughter is just can't wait to have her little sister or brother.  i conceived after two months of trying i never had difficulty in conceiving.  after visiting my doc i could.nt sleep last night but today i found out in the web of Babycentre that a scan could detect a baby and it's heartbeat no earlier than 8 weeks.  so the best time to perform scan is from the 10th to 14th week!! so don't worry all of you things will be fine.  i guess we are just too excited about our pregnancies.
I went to the OBGYN on 3-18 and had a vaginal ultrasound. I thought I was 6 weeks and some old days and she said I was measuring 5 to 6 weeks. Last night (3/30) I started bleeding after having sex and when I woke up this morning it was clots and like my period. I went to the emergency room and had TWO more ultrasounds; one on my tummy and one transvaginally. The doctor at the ER told me I was only measuring 5wks1day. How can that be when almost two weeks ago my other doctor thought I was 5to6 weeks. They sent me home preparing me for a threatened abortion but I have another appointment with my OBGYN Thursday. Pray for me ladies.
i think im 6wks 3days, ive been hospital for all ur reasons ive bled for 5 days now the hospital told me today they can only see the sac nothing else and they  tell me im miscarrying but i feel pregnant had no pain only tired ! my boobs r still sore and i really dont no wot to think help plz anyone?
im finkin could i b less wks my hormone level is still 2000 and ive got to go bk tomoz for another bhcg plz ?
My girlfriend ..we live in Dominican Republic ..had two positive in home preganancy test however had bleeding almost like period . Went and had scan and saw sac but nothing inside. She is in  ALOT OF PAIN with abdominical pain AND is very  afraid. A general practitioner stated the possibility of her being in grave danger from blood loss if it pops. as we are not that close to a hospital to receive immediate treatment.  The radiologist said to come back in 15 days for another scan if dont see the bb then would ahve to have surgery to remove..clean her up..any advice would be of great help as I am lost thanks
hi its been almost a yr since i had to have a dnc i was pregant with a sac but no baby i was destivated it took me and my husband 9 yrs to get pregant with my emily when i done a test and it come back postitive i was so exicted then i went to the ob and they told me the news i was 3 months at the time i still havent got over it the dr told me it was something they couldnt explain my emily will be 4 in march im ready for a new baby she wants a bubbie.carrie
I am 52 and have 3 girls...31,26,and 23.  When I was pg back in the late 70's and early 80's we did not have all of this sophisticated equipment to see the yolk sac, fetal pole, etc.  I think that everything you all are going thru with this updated equipment is terrible.  When we thought we were pg we took a test at home and then went to the dr.  He did a vaginal exam and yes you are pg and then we would try to figure out the date b/c I was so irregular.  My 23 year old is going thru the same thing you all are.  She has PCOS and dr. is surprised she is pg at all.  When I went to the dr. with her last week there was a sac but no baby or fetal pole.  SO, now my daughter is worried sick.  They did the HCG levels and they were at 1800 on Thursday and 3520 on Sat.  Her progesterone was 8 and the dr. put her on meds.  She goes back this Thursday for another scan.  I am just as worried as my daughter is and as I sit here and read these posts, I still cant help but feel all of these early scans are not needed and only give women more stress that they dont need being pg.  We were only scanned if there was a problem b/c insurance did not cover it.  Well now, everytime you turn around you all are being scanned.  I hope you all take something from this b/c I think what we had back then was a lot better than what you all have now and the stress and everything you all are going thru.  I wish you all well and a happy pregnancy and a healthy baby.  
Mom of 3 H's
Hello I am very confussed and concerned. I went to the doctor for a new ob appt on 12/11/09. The Dr. measured me at 5 weeks and stated that I should be atleast 8-10 weeks according to the last day of my cycle. She took blood work, which was 2493 and then took blood work on Monday which was 2808. Now at first the doctor said as long as the labs go up then im ok but if down then I will miscarry. Now she is saying that it is not good because my labs should almost triple. She wants me to come back in one week and get another ultrasound. I am confussed....Need some advice..What should I do?? Has this happened to anyone else?
Good eve! merry xmas 2 all! i am worried about my ultrasound report. I had it last Sunday. It showed that I'm 5w 3d preg. No yolk and embryonic pole noted yet, only a gest. sac. I am scared about this since i had miscarriage last August this year. I had implantation bleeding that time for a week and this second preg i undergo the same thing too. I've just read all your comments guys and it is a great relief to know that it is just normal to see only a sac and no fetus yet at this stage of pregnancy.. Thanks a lot for posting your comments! They are  great help to us, preggy women. I wish my baby is ok and soooooo excited to hear his  heartbeat the next time i will have my ultrasound! God bless us all preggy women and we will just take every concern to God in prayer!  He never fail to help us!
I can't find any information on whats going on with me...please help!!!
At my last ultrasound they measured the fetus at 5 1/2 weeks, with a fetal pole, but no heartbeat. The yolk sac is measuring 10 weeks though.
What the heck could be happening? The u/s tech was pretty confused and had to call the doctor. They said I have to come back and take another u/s in a couple days.
If anyone has any information or has heard of this, please let me know. I think, not knowing has been the hardest part. The u/s before this last one, didn't have a fetal pole. I'm really confused. I took a pregnancy test on the 28 of Dec. I don't think you can be pregnant a week and be able to tell? I don't know...
Thanks!!
Thank you sooooo much to all of you!  I have some relief after reading your posts.  This  is my firsy pregnancy (unplanned)  and very happy about it.  My last period was Jan 21st-ish and that would put me at 7 weeks this week, however I was having some pain on my left side and saw the doctor in the emerge, he sent me for an ultrasound to rule out an ectopic.  I had a transvaginal ultrasound done when I was almost 6 weeks however the ultrasound tech said she wouldnt put me at that.  THe report came back and the pregnancy is intrauterine thank god but no fetus or fetal pole was seen, yolk sac was for sure seen.  They suggested a repeat in 10 days.  So Im obviously very scared that this isnt progressing how it should be, but my hcg levels are good and after reading all your posts I have relaxed somewhat.  Hopefully it was just too soon to see.  My next ultrasound is March 16th wish me luck.
I am going through the same things, can anyone give me an update as to what ended up happening?  I went in  at just over 5 weeks and all we saw was the sac, no baby.  She said it might be too early to see it and scheduled me for another one in 2 weeks.  i didnt think much of it until I got home and started doing some research.  Can anyone update me as to what happened to them?
I am pregant and my hcg levels arein the 3,000 and I went for my frist ultrasound on 4/14 and they seen a sac but no baby. I don't know what to do!!! I go back on the19th to see if there is a baby or not yet. has this happend to any one eles?
You are more then likely very early in your pregnancy it sounds very normal. Try not to worry so much the stress alone can cause you to have complications. Just know that you are pregnant your levels are good and you have a g-sac... all very good things! Relax sweetie you are going to be just fine:)
By my own calculations i believe i am between 8 and 9 weeks. my last period was 18th feb. although i started spotting on fri night just once when i wiped, i called nhs 24 they said could be because hed sex night before or inplantation (implantation) bleed, and just to rest, however i went to college yesterday and noticed brownish discharge so called the midewife and she got me in for a scan. at the hospital the scan measured me at only 5wks.....so confused could only see the sac nothing else and to go back in 10days time. but last night i started bleeding more red this time but still not very must and there was still some when i wiped this morning. it has now stopped again???? i did not get a positive result untill i was 3 weeks late by my calculations.....could i just perhaps be earlier and implantation bleed. i have two children normal pregnancy with both but misscarage begining last year.
I am going through the same thing i went to th er due to pink spotting got an internal and was told it looked good but ultrasound only found the yolk sack i am 5 weeks 4 days have most of you had positive news after  your second ultrasound?
well went back for my scan yeasterday to see how things were, turns out all is well and i am now 7weeks 2days, i was shocked to see so much had changed in the 10days, a little heart beat and from the last scan seeing just the sac wow could make out little fetus amazing. so looks as though my dates were bit messed up and inbetween my dates and the first scan date. but just to comfort anyone who needs it. both my pregnancys with my sons were different and straight forward no bleeding, pos tests b4 i missed my period as normal as pregnancy goes, so having one that is different and some light spotting is not always a bad thing, sometimes just normal. however any spotting should be checked out but dont give up things can still be fine and normal. it was so scary as last time spotting turned out to be a miscarage but so far things look really good.......just hope next 5 wks fly to get through the 12 wks and will feel more at ease. then i can start to tell my family and friends and sons off course they gonna have a baby brother or sister. be positive guys, will up date soon good luck xxx
When i first found out I was pregnant the doctors told me that i was  6 weeks and 3 days. Then the very next day, when there was bleeding I got an emergency ultra sound and they said I was 10 weeks and 3 days. But I had my period the month before I found out I was pregnant. ?Help?
I am 5 weeks along and I had asked my doc for a trans vag ultrasound because my last pregnancy ended up being an eptopic.  Again....no sac....nothing.....he said we'll do another ultrasound in a week or two (depending on how my bloodwork turns out)....but what's my probability of another tubal pregnancy.  Could it be my "sac" isn't formed yet?
Im a little confused. sunday i had a pain in my stomach and on monday had tested positive. then my pain continue at the ER they told me that i had an spontaneous abortion but i had no bleeding how could i had an abortion. i havent  seen my ob because hes out of town and i was given a different one and this dr. told me that maybe i have less wks and that i might be pregnant. wed.  and today they were going to check on my hcg if it increasing and that will mean i am pregnant.  the reason they are doing this is because they dont see a fetus, or sac and that maybe the baby is not where it should be. it might be in the fallopian tube. girls im scare dont know what to do. can someone help?
i am about 4 weeks pregnant and i went for a ultrasound my doctor says i am about 5 weeks pregnant but my sac did not change from one week to the other and now i am so worried is this possible, She said my sac measured the same as the previous week....Can anyone please help..
I am going through i had a ultrasound to and put me at 5 week and my hg is 9426.00 and i have not had no spotting and that saw asac  and no baby help
Hi everyone.  I am going through a very similar thing.  I am unsure of my dates, but did a digital test about 2 weeks ago that said 2-3 weeks (although says doc would calcuate that as 4-5 weeks) had abdonimal pain, and slight spotting f or the last 2 weeks.  Have had 3 HCG tests done over the last week 1st was 1600, then 2059 then 2560.  Doc was not happy as was not rising quick enough.  When for 1st scan they said sac was certainly not 6 weeks+ and said to rescan in a week.  They admitted me to hospital over the weekend to monitor me as suspected ectopic.  Went for a second scan yesterday,  was told sac had barely changed size, and that she suspected it was a failing pregnancy.  When got back to ward, was told I could go home as sonographer had reported she had seen a tiny yolk sac, so why tell me its probably failing if there is now a yolk sac?  Im very confused, been signed off work for a week and got to go back in a week for a 3rd scan.  my friend is a sonographer at another hospital, and she cant make sense of what the hospital is telling me either! any idea's?
hi i am desperatly hoping someone can help put my mind at ease with the worry i am going through at the mo. my lmp was 23rd august, making me just over 7 weeks pregnant, i went for a scan yesterday still between 7-8 weeks and the tech dated me at 5 weeks! i am sure of my lmp. whats going on??? also she could see the sac but no fetus. if anyone has been through this, please comment. thanx
hi there i went to the dr last week with right sided abdo pain at they refered me for an eary scan the next day the pain had allready went away at this point. scan showed a small 3mm sac my dates say i was 5w 3days. the midwife said they could not rule out an ectopic pregnancy as the sac was sill small. my hcg was 1821 that day and then doubled 2 days later which they said was good and i have to be rescanned tommorow i am terrified i have had no further pain no other symptoms but according to my dates the sac is too small and is more like a 4 week pregnancy tommorow i should be 6w 3 days. should i be concerened i have not been able to sleep proparly for days now and cant wait to get this over with tomorrow but i am scared of bad news has anyone went through this any advise much appreciated
I was having some spotting and it worried me cause I had miscarriage in the past.  When I went to the doctor they told me I was about 5 weeks and 4 days, when the spotting happened and I went in for the ultrasound she measured me at 5 weeks.  The doctor ran lab and I went back today to check the lab again.  I am seeing that this is normal, but I am still worried.  
I miscarried in sept 2010 and we got pregnant straight away according to my miscarrage (miscarriage) dates i should be 8wk but i had some bleeding last night after sex .. i had a internal vaginal scan this morning and say im 5wks 5days they see the yolk sac but no baby im to go back in a weeks time to see if there is a baby. i will update soon as i kno... looking at most the posts on here its quite common so im hoping its good news for me take care ladies xx
im 5weeks and only the sac is being seen im so nervous is this common
Hello, I am going through all of this too, seems like its very common. I went to my doctor to confirm pregnancy, since I suspected I was, my blood test was positive. The doc said according to my LMP I should be 8 weeks....Surprise, Surprise.....I started having brownish discharge on Sunday, Nov. 14th, and pinkish when I wiped, on Sunday night and Monday night. Today Nov. 16th I went to the ER, this is what they noted: "Empty gestational sac noted corresponding to apprx. 5.3 wks of gestation. The findings could be related to early gestation, or ongoing spontaneous abortion. The possibility of ectopic pregnancy is also not excluded"
First, shouldn't they already know it's too early to detect a baby inside the sac? and then "SPONTANEOUS ABORTION?" What is that, I called my OBGYN and he put me at ease, telling me it's normal not to detect a baby at 5 weeks and bleeding is normal through the first trimester. To be concerned if I get severe cramps accompanied by fever, chills and period like flow.
I went into the doc yesterday because I had some brown spotting on and off over the weekend. When I got to the appointment the doctor assumed because of my periods being crazy that I was about 10 weeks along, when she did the vaginal ultrasound all the saw was sac and said this was a really bad sign. But if my dates are off and I'm only 5 weeks it may not be such a bad thing. Now I have to wait TWO weeks to go back and do another u/s and pray that my baby is still in there.....any advice??f
Best of luck to you, I am about 3wks in
I had a miscarriage 2 years ago. By my dates this time i should be 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Went for internal scan today and have empty sac that measures 4 weeks 5 days. I know this is not a huge difference, but i did not have sex for that week that i would have conceived if i am 4 weeks 5 days. So i am thinking that it grew to 4 weeks 5 days and has since stopped growing. I have to wait another 9 days now for another scan. Its all feeling very similar to 2 years ago. Also my pregnancy symptoms are lessening. Please did anyone have any similar situation and it turn out well?
I am so glad I found this site!!  I am now 5 wks and 5 day's got a scan at 5 wks and 2 day's as I had no idea I was pregnant or how far along (lovely happy surprise) the doctor rang me three times today to tell me to go and get another scan, went and picked up the paperwork but it doesn't say when to get it done?  I too have a sac and no heartbeat, does anyone know when I should get the 2nd scan done?  Part of me wants to go right now, but I also know I should wait for a few day's at least so me and my partner can see (fingers crossed) the heartbeat??  
Don't go yet. You want to wait longer than a few days as well. The best time to make a new appointment would be in 2-3 weeks. This would place you at 7-8 weeks and you're more likely to actually see something. Dates could be off, baby could develop slow, etc. I was 7 weeks 3 days when I got mine done (I also had no idea how far I was due to irregular cycles) and I got to see the heartbeat, fetal pole and a yolk sac.
Hi my names veronica and here is my story im 34yrs old this is my second pregnancy and i had my last cycle at the end of nov and im normally irregular so i missed my period in dec and i noticed in feb i started getting my pg signs sore breast,tired,etc...so i took a pg test and it came out positive so then i made an a appt with a obgyn 2/3 dr did an u/s and stated that she was seeing a g/s so she took bloodwork and she said to go back following week and that we should see a black hole so she called it so then we go back on 2/9 she sees the black hole but nothing else at this point she doesnt look to happy so she says that according to the bloodwork i should be btwn 7-8wks but u/s only shows im at 5wks so she takes more bloodwork and tells me to go back 2/11 a day and a half later so then she comes in and says it doesnt look good that my level is also dropping and that she wants me to do a D & C on 2/14 but i told her i wanted to just have a natural m/c and she didnt look happy that i wanted to wait (she tried very hard for me to get a d/c) so we went home that day found a new obgyn went on 2/14 they did u/s said im about 5 wks but they wanted to do bloodwork went and did it on 2/15 but havent heared any bad news yet so here we are 2/18 waiting im hoping but i have to wait for my appt on 3/15 hoping we can see our baby anybody going through this help...
0mg I'm going through the same thing. I think that. The best thing to do is wait and have faith.
Hello everyone! Well I been trying to get pregnant for the past year and a half with 3 misscarages already , I just found out I'm pregnant but my hgc level doubled at the beggining but the second time they did blood it did not go up that much this past weekend I started bleeding not heavy but with lower back pain too,Today I went to the doctors for an ultrra sound and he said he di not see a sac or an ectopic pregnancy so I do not know what to think now,he ordered blood work now he said it had to doubled if not then he would give me the injection because that would mean the pregnancy is not a healthy pregnancy has anybody gone thru something like this ? I'm still keeping my faith that my hormones will double by tomorrow but if they don't this would be sad , please pray for me ,sonia
can sum 1 plz tell me i  had my last period  on 28th of may  it lasted till 2nd 0f april  i did not hav intercourse wid my husband tii 9th of april so dat should mean i am 5 weeks and 2days but da hospital r counticing first day from last period and dat makes me 7 week and 1 day  they can c sac but nothing init   can sum 1 help me my  bloods show 21000 on friday and on sunday 28000 so asnt gone much up  plz can sum 1 help me and let me know  plz
I WAS TOLD THT IM 8 WEEKS GOING BY MY LAST PERIOD & THT THEY ONLY SEEN A YOLK SAC. I WENT 2 DA ER & WAS TOLD THT MY HCG LEVELS SAY IM ONLY ABOUT 5 WEEKS SHOULD I WORRY ANY LONGER THT I MIGHT NT B ABLE  HVE MY 6TH & FINAL BABY THT I HAD MY HEART SET ON HVN????????
I went to the doc today and had my first ultrasound. She said I'm 11 weeks and she saw a sac and the yolk, but no embryo...could this be bad or good? I'm so nervous becuz I just had a stillbirth 7 months ago. Any thoughts about this?
can someone please help me.. i found out a couple of weeks ago i was pregnant, however i started bleeding last fri very light bleeding with pain on my lower right and back, went to a/e had internal and was told that my cervix was still closed so that was good news and they had ruled out an eptopic.. had internal ultrasound and a saw my sack which measured me at 5/6 weeks which would prob be about right.. told to go home and rest and go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound to see if my pregnancy is ongoing or not.. my bleeding was just like a normal period however i did pass 2 very small clots,.. and my bleeding lasted for about 5 days.. i am going out of my mind with worry as fri seems so far away for my scan.. ive had to previous pregnancys and everything was fine... has anyone had anything similar and been ok??????
hi i am a mother of 3 boys this is 7 baby i had a m\c in 2008 then in 2009 i had a ectopice pregancy and in 2010 i had a baby boy i am 5 week pregant all they can see is a sac but no baby i was wounding if i can get a ectopic pregancey again
I took a test friday 10/28/11 the test said not pregnant but i didnt get a period for the month of october  and september was weird a 1day period so monday 11/31/11 i took 3 more test and it said pregnant i went to the doctor today 11/3/11 and she didnt see anything i just want to know is it to early to see anything? I have 2 boys 3 and 1.
i went to the ER last night and found out i am pregnant. I'm so happy but when they did the ultrasound all the saw was the sac and no heartbeat. ive been reading alot of stuff about it im kind of worried but she said i was 4-5 weeks is this normal?
Hi everyone,
I am 6weeks1day expecting my first one, got my scan done today, doc saw only the sac with no fetal pole, suggested a scan again after two weeks, just cant wait to see my baby heart beats.doc also said that they dont consider pregnancy safe unless they dont feel the heartbeat. I m really really stressed can someone  help me out of this stress.
Thank you for your post i am 5 wks 3 days today and had a ultrasound trans vaginal due to very light spotting and all we saw was a gestational sac and yolk sac. I am very nervous I had 3 miscarriages two years ago before having my son.
I hope this helps all of you with your questions.

There are a few different reasons you may be experiencing these results.

1. It is too early to tell, plain and simple. Ever wonder why some Dr's won't schedule US until 8 weeks - this is why. Until you are truly 6-8 weeks (not by your calculation but by g-sac/fetus size) will you be able to see anything definitive such as heartbeat or fetal poles. Even then everyone is different and that includes you and your baby so maybe it might be 10 weeks for you and as early as 5 weeks for others.

You may have also heard the "best not to tell anyone until you are past 12 weeks"... this is because the chance of miscarrying is much higher until you get into your 2nd trimester. so be smart, relax, listen to your dr and your body and don't tell everyone you know until your past 12 weeks.

2. Chemical Pregnancy
read more about those here http://www.*********.com/articles/chemical-pregnancy.html

3. Blighted Ovum
Read more about those here http://www.*****************.org/pregnancycomplications/blightedovum.html

4. General Miscarriage info including Chemical Preg
http://www.*****************.org/pregnancycomplications/miscarriage.html

5. Information on hCG levels
"Caution must be used in making too much of hCG numbers. A normal pregnancy may have low hCG levels and result in a perfectly healthy baby."

http://www.*****************.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.html

I hope this helps all of you in determining what you are experiencing. Please remember that the best approach to knowing what is happening with your body is to do research, listen to what your body is telling you, and relax/pray/meditate/whatever works for you best and gives you comfort when you are worried.

the links above are to WWW . American Pregnancy . ORG (remove spaces)
And of course you can find tons of information just by completing a simple Internet search using any of the major search engines.

Good luck to everyone! I am in the same boat as you - 4w4d by ultrasound but I thought I was 8 based on last m cycle only seeing g-sac no fetus/heartbeat and my Dr is making me wait two weeks before even allowing me blood tests for hCG levels bc she doesn't want to worry me if this will just end in miscarriage (most pregnancies do at the stage I am at).

Doing some research and praying has relieved some of my worry and I'm at the point of "whatever happens just happens" - and I hope it will do the same for you.
hi i went for a scan on 23rd july 2012 and i worked my dates out to being 6 weeks 6 days but when the lady checked she said i was 5-6 weeks pregnant but did see the fetus and sack and the heart was beating so i am very confused at the minute i did a clear blue pregnancy test on the 6th july and it came up pregnant 1-2 weeks but when i did a doctors test it came back negative so i did another one on the monday that came back positive so put another test in at the doctors and that came back positive so now im confused how far i am but some scans they cant pick it up in suprised that they didnt tell you to go back in 1-2 weeks hun
Hi im 5 weeks pregnant thurdays. i been for 2 scans only seen the sac. 1st scan at 4 weeks was 2.5mm and now today is 5mm. I've had 3 blood tests. 1st one was 1604. 2nd went up to 1807 and 3rd is 2288. There abit worried cuz there not doubling. So next week got another scan to see if they can see anything. is this normal or has my pregnancy failed. as doctors says it might had failed. Im really scared. x
Hi I'm bre yesterday I found out I was 5weeks pregnant so my doct did
a ultra sound but didn't see anything but my ureterus so she stuck
this thing in my vagina and didn't see nothing but a sac.. so I go back to the
Doct tomarrow to see if I'm goin to miscarrage (miscarriage) r is it just to early..
is this normal because I'm very nervous in scares and god
Know I do not want to miscarrage (miscarriage).
Hey don't no how long ago your post was just wanted to know what the doc said to you my hcg level is very high and they can only find a sack not a baby and my test are coming out that im 6 weeks pregnant but no baby very worried and dont go back o the doctor for another 2 weeks but it feels like a life time .