Maternal & Child Community
6-10 weeks pregnant possible miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I have been spotting for 2 days with a bit of cramping.  I just returned from the hospital.  This is what they told me.  My cervix is closed (good news). They couldn't see the fetal heartbeat with a vag-ultrasound. According to the first day of my last menstral(8/8/05) I should be almost 10 weeks, however they thought that I was 6 weeks.  My HCG level was 50676 and they told me that they can usally hear the heartbeat when the HCG level is above 45000.  I asked the dr for his gut feeling and he believe that I am going to have a miscarriage.  I go back to my obgyn in two days to check if my HCG levels have increased...if they have then possible good news and I will go back at the end of the week for another ultrasound.  I am freaking out.  Its the high HCG level and no heartbeat that has me worried.  My husband thinks our due date is off...I can't help but think the worst and listen to the doctors.
there is a terrific website
misdiagnosed miscarriage

I was bleeding 3 days ago after spotting for 2 days. I went to the hospital and thr dr basically said I was having a m/c. They scanned me and couldnt see the heartbeat. I was 6 weeks pregnant. The next day I went back for a scan and the heart beat showed up straight away. So get rescanned and good luck.

sam
Thank you for your support....but my bleeding has gotten heavier and I am seeing large clots.  

I am so happy for your good news Sam.

Elle
I miscarried at 8 weeks, I had been spotting for 2 weeks and I know exactly when my baby's heart stopped because my body was acting different.  I had a horrible headache and slight cramps on my side, my spotting went from brownish color to some more red color and heavier, I knew something was wrong.  We had seen a heartbeat already, so when my bleeding became heavier and I rushed to the doctor the vag. us showed no heartbeat, I didn't see it and knew something wasn't right, my doctor came in and confirmed it.  My cervix was still closed so I had to have a D&C the next day.   I wish you luck, no matter what the outcome you are not alone!!!!
I am going thru this right now too....it helps to know I'm not alone.....I am 8 weeks pregnant today and have been bleeding since Friday.....mostly spotting, red blood mostly w/ some small clotting.  I had an ultrasound on Friday and we saw the heartbeat and the baby is measuring as it should be.  I was tested for HCG levels on Friday and then rechecked yesterday and my levels are not going up as they should be.  My dr does not feel very optomistic because of this but says there is still hope...(although I'm feeling very hopeless at this point)   He said I will have another ultrasound next week.  I am having a very hard time waiting around here.  I'm still bleeding and feel so sad and scared as to what's to come.  I think if my HCG levels would have been higher he would have been more hopeful.  Friday they were 5700 and Monday they were only up to 7400.
I don't want to bring you down but if you do miscarry ask your doctor to test the tissue.  My doctor did that without me asking after my D&C and I found out 3 weeks later (expected time 2 months) why I miscarried.  It was a big help to know the reason, it helps to know if its your body or just a chromosone issue.  Good Luck to you!!!  if you start to bleed heavier I would go back asap.
WHEN I HAD MY MISCARRIAGE,,,IT STARTED OUT AS MILD BLEEDING,,,THEN I STARTED TO GET LARGE CLOTS AND SORE BACK AND CRAMPING,I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL AND THE DOCTOR CHECKED AND MY CERVIX WAS STILL CLOSED AND MY HCG LEVELS WERE AT THE RIGHT NUMBERS...HE SAID I COULD GO ON TO HAVE A HEALTHY BABY,,,AND I REMEMBER LEAVING THE HOSPITAL THINKING I STILL MAY WELL HAVE A BABY GROWING INSIDE,,BUT NEW LATER WHEN I WENT HOME,,,FROM ALL THE  BIGGER CLOTS AND HEAVY BLEEDING,,, THEY WERE HUGE,,THAT THERE WAS NO WAY A HEALTHY BABY COULD BECOME OF THIS,,,IT WAS AWFUL,,IM NOT TRYING TO SCARE YOU,,JUST LETTING YOU KNOW, THAT NOT BECAUSE OF BLOOD DOES IT MEAN YOU CAN'T GO ON TO HAVING A HEALTHY BABY, MY DOCTOR SAID YOU CAN,,,SO HE GAVE ME HOPE AND IM GIVING YOU HOPE,,,BE STRONG AND LET NATURE TAKE ITS COURSE,,,I STILL OFTEN WONDER BECAUSE OF THEM PRYING DOWN THERE, IF THEY DID SOMETHING,,(WISHING I GUESS),ITS ALWAYS IN THE BACK OF MY HEAD, IF I LEFT WELL ENOUGH ALONE,,,COULD I STILL BE?? THEM WITH THE VAGINAL ULTRASOUND, AND HIM WITH HIS CHECKING OF THE CERVIX,,,I DON'T KNOW? I GUESS I NEVER WILL,,,,,I REMEMBER IT LIKE YESTERDAY,,,SORRY FOR BABBLING,,,PLEASE KEEP YOUR SPIRITS UP,,,,TAKE GOOD CARE AND PUT YOUR FEET UP AND RELAX ALSO I WOULDNT TRUST THE DOCTORS ALL THE TIME(IS IT OKAY TO SAY THAT?),,,GO WITH YOUR OWN INSTINCT,,THE DATES COULD BE OFF AND IF YOUR HCG LEVELS ARE GOOD THEN THAT IS A GOOD GOOD SIGN,,,I WISH I WENT WITH MINE AND WAITED TO SEE WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN,,,INSTEAD OF LETTING THE DOCTORS PROBE AT ME>>>I GUESS I ALWAYS HAD WISHFUL THINKING,,,ANYWAYS, IM GOING ON AND ON, BUT BASICALLY WHAT IM SAYING IS GO WITH YOUR GUT INSTINCT WAIT IT OUT AND SEE...I WOULD HAVE ANOTHER SCAN IN A COUPLE OF DAYS,,,,IF I WERE YOU, AND TRY AND BE STRONG,,,I KNOW ITS HARD AND I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST,,,,
Summer it is it is NOT anything you or the doctor did,  you had bleeding before visiting the doctor and you did the right thing to have it checked out, the outcome would have been the same regardless of the 'probing' or not.  

i have had two healthy easy pregnancies and 4 m/c and did nothing different (except for increasing worry) with all of them.  I know too well, once m/c has started there is nothing you can do.  Also know a lot of women have spotting or bleeding, including clots and have healthy babies.  

Jadedwaves, it is an awful time for you, i have been there, the freaking out and swinging between despair and the little spark of hope.
Jadedwaves-
I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago. I was at 10 weeks.
I bled lightly (heavy spotting) from 6- 8 weeks and after that I consistently had weird brown discharge. We had a strong heartbeat at 6.5 weeks and everythign was good, but I knew the whole time something bad was going to happen. the baby died at 9 weeks but I didn't find out until 10 weeks when the really heavy bleeding and clots started. But that last week I knew the whole time that things were bad. I wish you the best of luck. There is nothng anyone can say to make you worry less or feel better. I know. Just know that there are a lot of us out here on whom you can lean. We all need each other and we will all get through this and have happy, healthy babies.

Amy lynn
Guys...I just don't know what to say. I'm 11 weeks and having a normal pregnancy. At first there was questions about my low HCG levels, but we found out that they were low because I was so early in the pregnancy. Basically, tonight I was just online trying to find pregnancy information for myself when I ran across this site. Reading everyone's comment just breaks my heart totally. I don't know if I would have the strength you women do if this ever happened to me. Anyways, I just want you guys to know how strong you are. So far I'm going to get to hold my baby in about 7 months. In a way I feel selfish for it. I'll never know how much it hurts. But just trying to imagine breaks me in two.
HELLO LADIES,
IM IN MY 10TH WEEK AND I HAVE MILD CRAMPING NO BLEEDING. I HAVE HAD ONE MISCARRIAGE MANY YEARS AGO.I CANT REMEMEBER HOW FAR ALONG I WAS.THE ONLY THING I CAN REMEMBER IS THE CRAMPING AND BLEEDING, SO OF COURSE WITH THIS PREGNANCY I GET WORRIED OVER EVERYTHING. ANY ADVICE?
Hello everyone,

I thought I was 7 weeks pregnant and today I went to the doctor and had an ultrasound and was told that the embryotic sac was only the size of a six week fetus.  I had an vaginal ultrasound and the doctor was very negative and said that the heart beat of the baby was very weak.  He did not give me any numbers and said that this was a common case of miscarriage.  I too like all am very worried and want to know who has anymore information on this type of situation.  I hope that all your doctors are not as negative as mine was today.
Hello

I am 6 wks and 2 days pregnant. I have had three miscarriages in the past year. I went yesterday for a heartbeat which was there. In the middle of the night I got up to use the bathroom and I started to bleed. I called the doctor and the doctor told me that I could be ok that this could be normal. I have been through this so many times. I am so scared. Has anyone ever had this and did you go to have a healthy baby?
I would make an appointment with your OBGYN just to be on the safe side, even if there is nothing wrong with you, as long as you know everything is okay, and put you at ease.
I am currently 10 weeks pregnant. I have had two spontanious abortions my last one in August 2005 I have found out I was pregnant again after my first cycle in September. I started bleeding a week and a half ago and was very worried seeing how this is how my first two miscarriages started. I had a appointment today and we saw the heartbeat and fetal movement. As I was examined I was told that the yolk sac looked great and my cervix was closed and everything was fine. I've also had a history with gestational diabetes and by sugars were checked and they were perfect. They could not tell me what was causing the bleeding seeing how they saw no problems with my uterus or placenta. So basically, If you are bleeding, and its only when you wipe after using the bathroom, that is not uncommon. Unless you are having cramping, clotting, or there is an actual "flow" of blood like you are having your period the chances of something really being wrong are very minimal. I still continue to worry until I know I am out of danger of miscarriage. I do know that with my miscarriage in august it was a blighted ovum. I had very horrible back pain in my kidney areas and sharp stabbing like pains in my left shoulder blade. With this pregnancy I feel no pain of any kind.
Everyone has a right to worry. Just make sure you get plenty of rest and not do anything too stressful on your body.
Best Of Luck!
Hope,

I am in my 10th week too and have had some cramping due to constipation " sorry " could this be your problem too but you just can't recognize it?
Right now, it sounds like a "wait and see" thing. She may have ovulated late, and is closer to 6 weeks along. If that's the case, it would be hard to see a heartbeat that soon. Focus on the positive for now- her blood levels (hcg), and her closed cervix (which should open for a miscarriage or birth, but don't always). If she does lose the baby, the best thing you can do is ask her if she needs anything, if there's anything you can do, etc. I had two pregnant friends literally ignore me with my first m/c. One was a co-worker, and she eventually came around. The other is a very close friend that told me she figured I would call when I was ready to talk. I'm sure they just didn't know what to say. I hope her pregnancy is fine, but if not- be sure to let her know that you're there for her.
Hi everyone,
I am very sorry to hear your stories and found your advice to each other to be helpful. I am 16 weeks pregnant and thank goodness all seems well. My cousin is also pregnant but her pregnancy is not doing to well. On Sat. she went to the hospital because of light bleeding, an us was done but no fetal heartbeat was found. According to her lmp she is 8 weeks, today, she went in for a checkup and the midwife told her that she is only 6 weeks.  again no heartbeat was found. she like i has no pregnancy symptoms but i assured her that it was normal and to be thankful.  her 6 year old also shows a lot of concern for the babys well being even though she does not know what is going on.  i feel so guilty about having a good pregnancy while she is not.  I also feel extra emotional bc of my hormones.  the doc. said that her cervix is closed and her blood levels were good ( i dont know what that means).  i guess my ? would be is she having a miscarriage or is this normal? and do you have any advice that I can give to her? i feel heartbroken as if this was happening to me. i was the 1st person she told and we always talk about when our babies will be born.  i feel so soooo bad. please tell me something I can tell her to give her hope.
thanks
thank you so much, i think i lost all hope b4 i even knew if everything was ok. thanks again, i really needed to hear that, its like a weight has been lifted kinda.
TOmorrow (Monday)I will be 6 weeks pregnant. On Thursday I started staining a brownish blood. It continued throught out the weeekend. Today ( SUnday) I started bleeding red - very clotty. It is not flowing but there is a lot when I go to the bathroom. On Friday I was worried with the spotting so I got my blood tested for the HCG levels and I was going to again tomorrow. To see if as the Dr put it "if I have a Vital prengancy" - he said at this early stage he would not call it a miscarriage. After I woke up today I feel as if the worst has come. My question is should I even bother going tomorrow to have my HCG levels taken again or should I just know that I am having a NON vital pregancy. I just feel so hopeless.

THanks
Dear JenMS
I think that you should definately go and see the doctor. If you are having or had a miscarriage, they can do an ultrasound on you to make sure that everything is out.  If not they will administer a drug to help you get everything out.  if you do not get yourself checked you run the risk of a very bad infection, which can lead to infertility, and you definetly do not want that.  Looking on the bright side, your baby might still be in there and you want to seek the best medical attention you can get to help your baby and yourself.  Don't feel hopeless, be prepared.  Best of luck to you.
I started light spotting yesterday. I am 6 weeks with my 5th baby and 40 years old. I am not having pain, but I think the bleeding is getting worse. I saw Dr. today and she said my cervix is closed, but there is more blood than she would like to see. I am scheduled for an ultrasound this afternoon. I know I shouldn't give up hope yet, but it is hard to think positive. Pray with me that I get better news from the utrasound. Thank you for listening!
I have had 2 previous miscarriages therefore this time around my doctor has been monitoring my HCG levels weekly to ensure the baby is growing.  I Have been spotting now for 2 weeks but have been reassured everything is ok.  Wednesday I had my first ultrasound as I should be 8 weeks pregnant.  The ultrasound showed my embryotic sac to be 5 weeks, 4 days but there was no yolk sac and they couldn't detect a baby at all and told that things aren't looking too good at all.  I was so upset I came home and drank a bottle of wine thinking all was lost.  I had another blood test yesturday and my HCG has continued to go up as per normal so now the doctors are saying there could be a slight hope.  I'm so confused, if my embryotic sac showed 5 weeks 4 days, why was there no yolk sac and no baby detected and why is my HCG levels continuing to go up???????  I feel so confused and guilty now...... can anyone help me with some information?
I am now 11 weeks pregnant. The first month I spotted for about a week or so. I was very scared. I just miscarried in March 05. Well on Dec 24 around 11pm, I had some light red blood when I went to the bathroom. It was never enough to wear a pad but it still bothered me. December 25 I decided to have intercourse, the spotting started again. I did have an ultrasound at 8 weeks and the baby looked good with a healthy heartbeat. What are the chances of me miscarring again? I do have 2 ovarian cysts, the left one is the size of an orange. Could they be the problem? Can stress cause spotting? I just really hope this baby makes it!!
i started spotting really really light pink saturday morning and now it is a brownish color? is that a sign that i am going to m/c?
I had a colposcopy done on Thursday.  They asked me first if I was pregnant and I said no....haven't been trying, didn't think there was a chance.  I had extremely bad cramps the next 2 days, even felt like I could faint at one point.  That night I had passed what seemed to be tissue, brown and about the size (maybe larger) of a thumb.  Then a little more the next day.  My question is, could I have been pregnant  and now have miscarried???  I am callin g the Dr. tomorrow, but I am scared tonight!  Any help?
update on my question i posted on the 26th, i went to the doctor and he did a pelvic exam and blood work and he said everything looked really good, spotting can be normal, some women spot and some dont but any spotting is worth looking into.........
I might be pregnant(unpretected sex) yesterday i started my period (I think) only its really heavy (not norm.) and i still have bad cramps and the weirdest thing is its not normal bleeding theres blood clots the size of peas and theres other stuff that looks like tissue (lite pink and caramel colored)should i b worried? has this happened to anyone else? HELP!!!!!!!
that does not sound normal at all, you should call your doctor
This is kind of weird... but...

The last time I had sex was in the middle of November, not sure of exactly when. But, around December 4th, I had a semi-light period, which only last about 3 days, and I last 5 normally. Now, it almost being the end of the month, I am seeing spotting, which has been brownish and also red. Could I be pregnant? Or is this a m/c?

I haven't found anything on this in the searching online I have done, maybe one of you can help...
Oh, Im not sure if this helps any but Ive had light cramps around the bottom area of my stomach. The bleeding isnt heavy, and I havent needed to use anything like a pad.

The bleeding is starting to get a little heavier... im really worried. should i go to the doctor and get checked out just in case?
Sometimes, periods just do weird things. If you conceived around mid-November, then an hpt would be positive by now. Go ahead and take one. Either way, you should probably schedule a dr's appt. since you're seeing some changes in your cycle.
So, there is still a chance I could be pregnant, even though this has happened?

Does it happen to alot of women?

It doesn't mean a M/C does it?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but this hasn't happened before.
Hi there, I am a little concerned and can't get my head around me being pregnant, had miscarriage in October, had one regular period and am pregnant now.  Calculating back from my ovulation cramps I am 5weeks 3 days.  I have had some light cramping, and backaches.  Yesterday I went swimming, and since then I have noticed a light brown discharge.  This morning when getting out of the shower and using the washroom, I wiped dark brown (tiny bit)  No cramps, but I don't feel tired, my breasts are not sore, but I took another hpt and it was positive right away and darker than the last test a week ago.  Is this normal, or is this going to progress to our worst nightmare?
Hi.. I've had 4 miscarriages in the past so bleeding scared me A LOT!! NOW, I'm 9 weeks 5 days pregnant and been bleeding fo 36 days. w/clots.. not everyday clotting, but bleeding... no pain... and now the bleeding is not that bad... it's more spotting then anything... I just knew my baby was gone... Because I was still bleeing. My doctor done ultrasound and told me I was 6 weeks 5 days. The heartbeart was present and strong.. They also saw a blood clot larger than my baby sac.. I have all the pregnancy symptoms... I believe NOW that everything is okay... I go tomorrow for another check up and I'm sure I'm still pregnant... My belief in God.. let me tell you. At 5 1/2 weeks I began bleeding terribly... I cried and cried and prayed to keep this baby... mine you, I started praying before the heavy bleeding.. I prayed 10 x or more a day... at first it was only spotting.. then 2 days later.. oh my goodness... blood, clots, and just a lot... I said "God I believed that you wasn't going to take this baby.. I believed in you... God, is this whats happening." Then he answered with a beautiful strong heart beart.... following with pregnancy symptoms that i didn't have before... so, just becuz you're bleeding do not get discourage... if it's associated with cramps, yeah okay... but no cramps.. don't worry... Most importantly... symptoms.. if you're sick as dog... TRUST.... your baby is a keeper... but if it suddenly go, get worried... but above all, have belief in God. I will get back tomorrow with the good news... of bleeding for 36 days and the baby is still going strong. My youngen is fighter... I pray for good news for everyone going through this madness!! I'm sorry.
I hope that you and your baby are both going to be just fine.  Yhank you so much for responding.  I went for an HCG test twice this week, 1st test was 15 000, the 2nd was just over 25 000, but still spotting lightly, and get a really sore back (I have a tilted uterus) so I have never gotten cramps in my pelvic area, its always occured in my back.  My doctor soesn't seem to be worried.  I am hoping the spotting and tenderness in my pelvic area is from the D&c done in late October?  

I pray for all of us and hope that our unborn babies will all grow to be healthy, happy little people.

Good Luck to everyone!!xoxoxoxx
Hi... heres my UPDATE! went for my ultrasound today and yes!! my baby is still alive and growing w/a strong heartbeat... Remember, I bled for 30+ days and I'm still spotting mostly brown now. My doctor said the bleeding looks like it's gone. So me to All.. Every pregnancy is different. I can't say that your bleeding could be what I had (saw a big blood clot on ultrasound).. If your doctor didn't see why you were bleeding like mine did for me, when he performed an ultrasound, its definitely not the same... all in all, it's so heartbreaking to want something so bad, then you slowly watch it leave. it's totally depressing when you try so hard to conceive, then you begin to bleed.. I know how All you feel. I've been there. You see a pregnant person w/envy, jealousy, oh yeah, I've been there.. and it's sad!!  I hope all prayers are answered. God only answers True Believers!!
I was diagnosised a few days ago with a blighted ovum (after weeks of pain)...the sac appeared empty during the vag ultrasound, no heartbeat was detected and they estimated I lost the pregnancy at 6 1/2 weeks. Then the suggestion, because so many weeks had passed (I know I was 10.2 weeks sex 1 time in Nov and none since) which was about 4, that drugs should be used  to help the miscarriage along instead of waiting (or surgery). I took the meds..and waited...the pain was awful, but I expected it i guess...what I didn't expect, because it was termed a blighted ovum, was to see an embryo. That made my heart drop...I feel so depressed. Is that common...for the embryo to be hiding in the womb and not show up on the ultrasound? or could of there been 2..and one was hiding the other?...although there was no heart tones...and they repeated the ultrasound a few times.
That is weird.. weird weird weird.. Did you call you doctor about this and ask????  That would worry me also, i have never heard anything like that before.  Obviously there was a baby in there and obviously it isnt there anymore.. I am so so sorry for your loss. I hope you can get some answers that will help you heal...
hi could you please put my mind to rest ,im 6 weeks today (friday) last wed i had a slight bit of red/brownish blood in my uddies  and nothing since .im having a bit of an odd pregnancy i have 3  which was all normal  in the past very bad sickness  with all ..that was 12 years ago im now 37  i had  m/c 4 years ago  all i really remember was a faint blue line on the test  no morning sickness  or any syptoms (symptoms) really then bleeding and clots  i have no idea how far along  but didnt have to hve a d/c .my question is i have done  2 test both lines clearly after 1 min  sore boobs tired
ive been taking folic acid for 4 days now  but im missing the morning sickness  does this men im going to have a miscarry
.i feel its a bit soon to go to the dr...thanx for listening ....hopefullx

Hey everyone.... I have been reading everyones comment..and I feel like I am having a miscarriage...I went to the dr about a week and a half ago...after the vaginal ultra sound thing...they said that either my dates are wrong or the pregnancy stopped because it didnt look like I was 7 weeks...according to my last period date, thats where I should be....I was suppossed to go back this Tuesday but I was too scared to...I was bleediong but it lasted for like 5 minutes..it was a few spots but it was over..didnt even have to put a pad on...just wiped my self and it was gone..I kept checking for the rest of the day and there was nothing....that was SUnday morning..so i dont know....i had some mild cramping in the beginning but not anymore...now I just have massive morning sickness ALL THROUGH THE DAY!!! and some slight headaches..I am so scared to go back to the doctor...
I just went through the same thing.  I found out 4 weeks ago that I was pregnant and when I went to the OB yesterday he did a vaginal us and found a sac but said if was only measuring 5-6 weeks so I'm either wrong on my dates or the baby dies and my body just didn't miscarry.  They took blood to test my HCG levels and I have to go back on Tuesday to test again to compair to make sure they're goning up.  I don't think its possible for me to only be 5-6 weeks along because I found out a month ago that I was pregnant. I haven't had any bleeding or cramping so I'm really confused! I would recommend that you go back to the doctor as scary as it is! It's a good sign that you still have pregnancy symtoms (symptoms).  Keep me updated on what happens.  
hi everyone i am new to this , i would just like to say hi to you all. "hi".im a 31 year old healthy women never drank or smoke and my period has always been like clockwork as of today iam 3 weeks late still no period. i took about 4 hpt and one blood test i think i would be about 4-5 weeks pregnant . im so devastated that i took the test and it came back negative but i still have no period ,everyone keeps teeling me it still might be to early to detect anything. i am trying to be optomistic abiut this should i just leave it alone or just keep hoping i am? can someone please help me with this
i just got back from my first u/s. 9 weeks pregnant. they could not find a heartbeat and the fetus was much smaller than it should be at 9 weeks. the dr. said it looked like a m/c but i have to go back next week for a more advanced u/s but i am not hopeful. no heartbeat at 9 weeks is pretty obvious.  i have not experienced any bleeding or cramping or any symptoms at all. i am so devestated. we tried to get pregnant for over a year and we are both almost 42. its amazing that someone can feel so deleriously happy and excited and then so completely devestated in an instant. i would love to hear any stories of women in their 40s who m/c'd and then got pregnant again. i need some hope to keep going.
I am now 8 weeks pregnant and have been going to the doctor since 22 Sep after the husband and I had sex.  We went to the movies and afterwards I felt really bad like somethingwas wrong so I checked my pantiliner and there was blood, not spotting blood. I went to the ER that night and my HCG was 928, they did an ultrasound and couldnt see anything because I wa only about 5 weeks then.  I have bleed like a menstrual cycle everyday since sunday until Thursday, thats when I started spotting not soaking a pad but occassionally having to change pantyliners.  So That Tuesday I went to the OBGYN and had to get another HCG and an ultrasound, my level was 661, so a few days later had another HCG my level was 761, this startled the doctor because he thought it would go down, but being a praying woman after all the crying from the thought of a miscariage after trying almost three years things were hard so I put it in Gods hand.  I had another HCG today and my level is 304.  Not to mention while at school I felt this gush of fluid like I peed on myself, so I didnt bother to check until an hour later and I had soaked through my pantyliner and my underwear. I am waiting to talk to the doctor tomorrow.  I am just waiting now.  
I am 7 weeks and 5 days pregnant as of today.  I went to the doctors on monday and the sac was measuring 6 weeks and 2 days.  A week behind.  The doctor did not seem concerned.  We heard the heart beat and it was a strong 135.  I still can't help but to be concerned.  Has this happened to anyone else?
Well I wento to the doctor Wednesday, no sac was showing on the ultrasound and the dic asked if I wanted to take to pill to give me contractions to expel the rest of the tissue left behind or have a D&C, the nurse suggested a D&C so that everything could be done and I try again fresh, so I did.  The surgery was no longer than an hour and they put me under.  I woke up feeling like they took my uterus out it just felt like something was missing, the pain was gone like 30 minutes after I woke, and I am doing well, a few cramps but not as bad.  The hubby and I will try again in a few months, wish us luck, and to all you ladies out there I wish you all the best and no matter what trust and believe that evrything happens in accordance to God's will and his time.  So if you miscarriage I know its hard but look at as God may have saved you from something that you would not be able to handle.  So just pray and ask God what his will is for you and pray that you can carry a healthy baby full term.  Be blessed.  Stay encouraged. Don't give up.
Thanks for sharing.....may god bless you with wonderful kids soon. We are going for a D & c tomorrow morning.....its tough.
um yea im like 7 weeks pregnant and i havent gone to see a doctor considering im too young and i dont want my mother to find out...but ive been bleeding rather heavily for the past couple of days...and yesterday the cramps were really bad and they are rather bad today...i know my fate and it was destioned to happen...but i was just wondering if there was nething i could do for the pain ??????????
I am looking for some help.  Four years ago, my now ex-wife apparently miscarried.  She started spotting on Thursday and by Tuesday, we were having a D & C.  Recently, I learned that she had a couple of abortions before we met.  After reading your posts, it occurred to me that all of you who have had experience with this horrible ordeal, seemed to deal with the issue for much longer than four days.  It it normal to begin and end a M/C in four days?  Or does anyone think that I may have been fooled, and that it was actually a medically induced abortion?  She was 8 or 9 weeks pregnant ar the time.  I don't guess it is all that important now, but still, it is something I would like to know.  Any comments would be appreciated.  Thanks.
I am 10 weeks & 3 days pregnant and having my 4th ultrasound today. Unfortunately, doctor told me that my baby's heartbeat couldn't be found. He told me that this could have happened a week ago. I do not have any symtom of miscarriage at all, and good heartbeat was found when I was 7 weeks & 8 weeks pregnant. Do I still have chance that my baby is still alive?
I am 10 weeks pregnant right now.  SCARED out of my mind.  This is my second pregnancy..the first ended at 8 weeks due to a miscarriage.  It was awful, I hate even thinking about it.  So this time I feel like I am tip toeing though everything.  What makes it harder too, I am a soldier in the Army, they still expect you to be a soldier up until 20 weeks, then things start to loosen up a little for you.  Anways this pregnany is going weel so far, little cramp here and there, nothing major, no spotting ever, no morning sickness..Very not like the last pregnancy.  Still I am scared, I just keep waiting for my appointment on the 17th, by that day I would be 11w3d. Its just so nerve racking, I dont think I could ever go though what happend in the past ever again.  My thoughts are out to all of you that have gone though having a miscarriage.  To a to-be mother its more emotional than I think men and women who have never went though really think.  I just pray for all you to stay strong, and think positive.  I know how hard it is, I am going though it right now.  
hello everyone i am also going though some simlar things i am 10.5 weeks pregnant and at 7 weeks i had a very small streak of blood on the toilet paper ,i went to the doctor for some blood tests and they said that everything was k i had an ultrasound that afternoon and heartbeat was also fine then at 9 weeks i spotted 4 times every couple of days most brownish discarge and i fresh red blood but all very sml. it has stopped for a week now ,i went back to doc she said wait until 12 weeks  for another ultra sound i have no cramping of backake this is my secound pregnancy the first was fine no problems i am really worried for the baby and feel so helpless all i can do is wait i am 22 has anyone had something similar   looking for answers

Looks like no one's written in awhile and this is the first time I've posted anything like this online, so ....  Anyway, I'm now 6 weeks pregnant, and I'm terrified that I'm going to miscarry.  I got pregnant in the fall -- at about 6-7 weeks, I had mild brown spotting with particles in it.  The doc said the fetus stopped growing at 5 weeks, so I had a D&C. Four days ago, I had the same brown spotting with particles and was sure I miscarried again.  This time, it only lasted one day, not multiple days though.  I went to the doctor yesterday and she said it was fine at the moment -- We saw a heartbeat.  She also proscribed progesterone and wants to see me in a week.  Has this happened to anyone?  Do you think I'm out of the weeds or is this the beginning? I realize no one has a crystal ball, but I can't stop worrying about this.  (I'm 37, for what that's worth.)
I would think if you heard a hearbeat, that is a good sign.  The progesterone helps prevent m/c's.  When I m/c'd they didn't see anything at all, so that's about all the input I can give - good luck!
Thanks so much for responding!  I have another appointment next Monday -- I've never wanted anything so much.  I'm super nervous. . . . I just read that according to one study the risk of m/c at 6 weeks is almost 10%.  At 7 and 8 weeks, the risk declines SIGNIFICANTLY.  Close to 1% if at 8 weeks.  Not sure how accurate that is though. . . . Good luck to you too!
I just had a micarriage yesterday. From my LMP the doc said I was 9 or ten weeks but when they did the ultrasound in the emergency room they said there was no heartbeat and it looked like I was only 7 weeks. I am beyond devastated. I really feel like I want to die. I know my boyfriend is going to leave me now. He's in Dominican Republic and when I called and told him what happened he told me not to call him back. He wanted this baby so bad and so did I. I had my whole life planned out and now I just want to die. I've lost everything. The love of my life, my baby. That's all I had.
I was 7 weeks and 2 days pregnant when I started bleeding we went straight to the ER and were there for 8 hours. I had only a few very small clots and all the bleeding had stopped withing 2 hours. They did the blood tests and I was told my HCG levels were 13200 and I was RH- so they gave me the rhogam injection and said I was going to miscarry. Went back the next morning for my u/s saw the sac but they couldnt see or hear a heartbeat. Saw blood around my uterus.Never told me if my cervix was open or closed and said that it could just be too small to see. Had another blood test done the next day my levels had dropped to 13108. Saw my dr. tuesday night and she said I will miscarry and gave me the prescription for the pills to empty the rest of it out. I just dont want to give up yet I really really want this baby and we refuse to give up on it till we know for sure. I had another blood test done friday and my HCG levels have only dropped to 13078 they are dropping so slowly what does this mean????Has anyone had anything similar? Should I bother going in for another u/s just in case???!!!!
I forgot to mention I have had no cramping and no bleeding since sunday, and still have all the same pregnancy symptoms do you think there is any chance??
hi
i just wanted to know has anyone been diagnosed a miscarriage only for it to be misdiagnosed. my dilemma is i started bleeding on saturday and went to er, bleeding was light but red and they did a uss and diagnosed me with a threatened miscarriage, er then told me to go to early pregnancy unit on Monday for blood tests to see if HCG levels were doubling. so i went on Monday but they  said its better to do another uss, they said they could dee the gestational and yolk sac and the uterus looked normal even though bleeding was moderate with mild period pains, and booked me for another appointment in 2 weeks. when saying moderate i used a maximum of a pad and a half  a day for the rest of the week till date, and strangely found that when i sat or lay down i hardly bled but when i went toilet i used to drip ( not pour)as they also suggested bed rest for 2 weeks. so here i am 1 week later and yesterday i began to clot about the size of like 50p  it did again today twice and so i went back to er and they did another uss and told me that its coming away slowly. i could see the gestational sac there and the doctor even asked if i had pictures from the last scan to compare hers too. she discharged me saying i have had a complete miscarriage but if i was to start bleeding heavier i should go back to the early pregnancy unit.
by my lmp dates i am 6 weeks 5 days today... if i go on monday i will be 7 weeks gestational age 5 weeks fetus, is that too early to hear a heartbeat?
thanks for the advice
Hi, I just wanted to share my story.  I was 7 weeks 5 days in my 4th pregnancy at 41 years old.  I noticed some brownish spotting around noon on Thursday when I wiped.  I re-wiped several more times to make sure.  I still had a tiny bit of brownish spotting.  For the next several hours, I had mild cramping, just like period cramping.  I then began to have bright red spotting, very light, but only when I wiped.  I would re-wipe several times to make sure and it was still there.  The spotting and cramps continued thoughout the day.  I decided to wait until the morning to see if it stopped and if not, would call my doctor in the morning.  I woke up and still had bright red spotting when I wiped and 4 or 5 rice sized clots on my first urine in the morning.  I called my doctor who said to come in as soon as I could.  When I got there, they did a vaginal ultrasound.  They found and heard the baby's heartbeat, which was 122.  They could see the heartbeat.  They could see the gestational sac and the yolk sac.  They gave me two ultrasound photos of my baby to take home.  When I met with my doctor after he reviewed the ultrasound photos, he said "the baby looks fine" and "the heartbeat looks fine", and "to go home on complete bedrest, come back in a week and call him Tuesday with an update".  I asked why I was bleeding and cramping and he said "I wish I could tell you".  When I left his office, he asked if I was taking my prenatal vitamins and I said yes.  Later that evening, between 7:00 and 10:00 pm, the pain was no longer cramping type pain, but a sharp, intense pain in my lower pubic area. I had a larger clot, very very darkd red, almost black.  It was different from the others i had passed.  The pain became so bad I had to call my doctor after hours.  I knew something was wrong.  I continued to have sharp intense pains, although  none as severe as the one that prompted me call the doctor.  I know this was when I lost my baby.  I went to the assessment center at the hospital and as I was getting ready to get in the hospital bed, i began to drip blood on the floor.  There was a small pool of blood on the floor.  About 10 minutes later while I was waiting for the doctor to come in, about 12:45 am, I felt something "gush" out of my vagina.  I looked down at the maxipad and i had passed a very large mass.  It almost took up the entire size of the maxipad.  I knew without a doubt that I had just had a miscarriage and the baby whose heartbeat I had just seen 12 hours ago was gone, and no longer a part of me.  The doctor did an exam and ultrasound to confirm.  I lost this baby on the same day my youngest son was born, April 24th.  In addition to the normal grief, i have anger for my doctor who sent me home earlier in the day, with sonogram photo in hand, and told me the baby was fine to just go home and get bedrest.  He knew what was happening and didn't prepare me.  I feel betrayed by him.   I was ok the following day, but the second day, I guess it's catching up with me and I'm very depressed and crying off and on all day.
I'm 11 1/2 weeks pregnant and my Dr. told me from an untrasound today that the baby was too small and that his heart had stopped when I was 8 weeks pregnant and there was no signs of him being alive. I still have all the same pregnancy symtoms (symptoms) and no bleeding or crumping.  She schedule a D&C in two days. Is this right?  Please help!!
I left you a private message.  Click at upper right on the Inbox and you will find it.
i am 6 weeks 2days pregnant. I had a m/c last year in nov. I was spotting for 3 days and decided to go to the ER. i had a u/s  n they said everything was fine HB was 122 bpm. when i got home i started having horrible stabbing pain on my left side. I am so worried i dont wanna get too happy bcause of my last m/c. I am super worried. the spotting was never enough to even use a pad. has anyone gone thru this?? ami gonna m/c AGaIN?1
hi i am 10 wks pregnant had a scan a wk ago could not find a heartbeat and fetus only massured at 5mm going 4 another scan in a wk i hope everything is going to be ok ive had a m/c already this year has anyone been in this situation with a good outcome x
I am 15 weeks pregnant, have had 3 ultrasounds throughout this time which have all shown a healthy growing baby with heart rates averaging around 180bpm. However; last Sunday,1 week ago today, I began "leaking" a brownish dischage with tiny brown clots. I called the on-call doctor who told me to rest and call my doctor in the morning. I laid on the couch with my feet up for a couple of hours but when I stood up to go to bed there was a gush of bright red blood. I told my husband we needed to go to the ER right away regardless of what the on-call doc said. On the way there I was having contractions, I felt weak and shaky and I could still feel some "leakiness". The ER nurse could not find our baby's heartbeat with the doppler and we were just sure our baby had died. A second nurse came in and after several minutes of trying she finally detected the baby's heartbeat. The doctor checked my cervix which was closed and an ultrasound was done with all positive outcomes...great heartbeat and growth, baby was kicking and playing...found out he is a boy!!  The ER doc sent me home with a diagnosis of threatened M/C and said to call my doc in the morning. The next morning my OB had me come in to do another ultrasound and right away he found what is called a Subchorionic Hemorrhage which is basically a blood clot between the placenta and the uterine wall and can range in size. I have been on bedrest now for 1 week with only one more big episode of bright red bleeding and continued light brown spotting. Most of the outcomes that I have read about with these hemorrhages are positive ones. They usually absorb or pass (bleed out) and the baby never even knows anything was wrong. Many posts I read had bleeding that started as early as 5-6 weeks with this problem and went on to have healthy pregnancies and babies. So bleeding doesn't always end in a M/C which we were very thankful to find out!
I had one healthy pregnancy, my baby is 3 yrs old, past few months my periods were irregular so i didnt think i was pregnant,but when i took the blood test the nurse told i was pregnant....took u s everything was normal and was 6 weeks pregnant... friday i had slight bleeding, i thought it was normal sat the same thing happened.....sun morning i saw bright red bleeding went to ER ...they said the heartbeat is stopped and i'm miscarrying...felt very bad...tommorrow i have to get an appoinment with my gyn  feeling horrible...
Thanks for sharing this information, I am 10 wks and experiencing something similar, fetus perfect size, there is a heartbeat as of two days ago and they say nothing wrong, so was very worried that I was seeing some brownish discharge and small amounts of what looked like tissue.  Perhaps this is why, that would be great if it was.  Anyway, gives me some hope, thanks again.
I posted on another discussion also, but anyway. I found out last week I was pregnant, 3 hpt and a urine test at my regular doctor, should've been 6-7 weeks. My doc set me up to see an OBGYN this thursday. Yesterday I began to spot and bled more the more stressed I got, the heaviest was still light bleeding and bright red.(my blood pressure was really high) As I calmed down it subsided to a brown creamy like spotting. I was at the ER at this time, the did a serum and urine HcG. The urine came back neg and my blood level was in the 20's. The doc or nurse followed the results with maybe I was never pregnant and this is a late period due to the low HcG levels. I am to have the blood test again tomorrow. I am soooo confused and upset, Im a crier anyway and this is worse. So now I am bleeding heavy but with less clotting than a usual period and they're the size of 1/2 an apple seed. My questions are what the heck happened? Is it likely I had 4 false positives? Did I m/c, or have a "chemical pregnancy" ( I read about those)
I cant stand not understanding this stuff!
Im 7 weeks pregnant and just went to the washroom and noticed a circle of blood on my panties, I wiped myself and there was  a bit of blood too... not a lot though.... I kept checking myself about 5 mins later and there was nothing. Ive had a miscariage last year in may and got pregnant right after that and had another miscariage. What des this mean?
i found out i was pregnant nov 6 had my first doctor visit on nov 30. they told me that i was due july 20, 2010 starting this monday i had some very light bleeding and light cramping, i had another appt tuesday that put me at just over 9wks. the doctoc couldn't find a heartbeat with the doppler so made me an appt at their other office to have an ultrasound yesterday, there the doctors told me that the ultrasound showed that i was only 4weeks pregnant(but im 100% positive my lat period was oct 12) there was a fetal pole but no yolk sac, they told me that beacuse of my dates, size and the blleding that it is most likely a miscarriage. they drew blood for an hcg reading, made me an appt at a different lab for another hcg blood test on friday(to have two different test to go on) and another doctor visit also on friday.....i am scared to death, dont want to lose a baby. im very sad and don't know what to do. is it possible that it is a miscarriage with only light bleeding and very little cramps? i have other children and am worried that they are picking up on my sadness, any suggestions on how to grieve without depriving my other children from their mother?
I was 11wks and I had a bout of cramps,I thought nothing of them at the time it wasnt severe and didnt last long. I went to the bathroom and there was a pink stain on tp,I wiped again and there was nothing. I went to bed woke up the next morning-nothing out of the ordinary. That night I had the same bout of cramps,sure enough I went to the bathroom and same thing. At this point I was concerned but I tend to be a worrier but my husband insisted we go to the er to put my mind at ease. The Dr assured me that with as light of bleeding as there was it was normal,but they would do an ultrasound anyways. She first did the external ultrasound and said that for as far along as I thought I was she wasnt seeing what she wanted to see. She then did the internal ultrasound and failed to find my baby. I had a missed m/c 2 days later I had a dnc. My heart goes out to everyone that this has happened to but my advice is never second guess yourself. Just go to the er they will run every test they can because that is what they are there to do.
Hi David. Nice to meet ya. I didn't see anyone reply to ya. I have had 2 miscarraiges before. I've been pregnant 4 times. My first m/c, I started spotting on a Sunday. That Monday, I passed a huge clot and went to the doctor. Which she told me I passed the baby then. I was about 2 months pregnant. Eveyones body is different. And I've always been told, there are no 2 pregnancies exactly alike. It literally took me just one whole day to pass my baby. Some women can't pass them and that's why they have to have the d&c.. From what it sounds like, she hasn't had any problem with abortion. Which I think is horrible! But that is definetly something that she will have to admit before you can be for sure. Hope I helped :)
I'm Having my first baby and I found out a week ago I don't have medical or a job i'm around 6 weeks from a online calculator i did... I'm scared I have been slightly bleeding a light pink to light brown and i just checked and its now a dark heavy red as if I were having a period. I had talked to my mother whom has given birth three times and told me if i start to bleed its bad. In all reality isn't everyones situation different I don't know what to do i'm just lost and scared for my baby and I. I hope the stress of Christmas and no medical has not induced a m/c. Hoping for the Best

Kryslte
http://www.angelfire.com/home/joeynrobin/subchorionic.hematoma.faq.html

I just looked at this website after reading  ChloeandCadesMommy's blog and it made me feel much better about what could be happening. Always nice to keep a open mind and think of positives instead of the negative part.
Hi Everyone... I was 5 weeks pregnant and from the day I found out I was pregnant 24th December I never felt right in myself, on news yrs day i had slight cramps during the day that passed, that evening I went to bed and had the cramps for an hour which were quite bad, the next morning i went to the toilet and there was pink in my water, i felt quite ill most of the day with headache, feeling sick and no energy, that day the my tenderness in my breasts disapeared, in my gut i knew what was happening, the same night i had a huge blood clot,  luckily my close friend works on the epu so got me in the next day, i had an internal scan and they could nt find anything in my uterus, they gave me bloods and called the next day to say my blood was still showing i was pregnant, so i had to go back the following day for more, unfortunately they called to confirm my bloods were back to normal and i had experienced an early miscarriage. I already have a little boy in which i had no problems carrying, i treasure him even more now and it makes this a little easier, he does nt understand and keeps kissing my tummy and asking when the baby will be here, it just breaks my heart, i feel ok and have stopped bleeding after 5 days, we are going to try again asap. I really understand what everyone is going through and reading this has made it easier to understand someone is going through the same thing and that you are nt alone, no matter how far along you are the emotinal stress is still the same. I hope each and everyone of you go on to have healthy pregnancies and babies. Good luck xx
I was about 7 weeks pregnant. I started light brownish bleeding on Friday, new years day. I went to the emergency room and they said my HCG levels were fine, cervix closed and interal ultrasound showed us the heartbeat. (which she really hurt me doing). (I do wonder if that helped the miscarriage along but I guess you really don't know).
The Doctor said to come back if bleeding got worse and go to my doctor on Monday for HCG levels to check them. I went on Monday and they said it would be a few days for results. I started with Clots on Tuesday and heavier bleeding and went back to the hospital where they examined me and cervix were closed and then did another ultrasound in which the lady doing it said she didn't read the ultrasounds and the doctor would tell me when I asked her if she saw the heartbeat or if everything was ok. SO I knew right away there was no heartbeat. Then the doctors came in later and told me I lost the baby and I should pass it natural and to go to my doctor in about a week to see if I did.
Well, its Thrusday and very lightly bleeding and called the doctor to make an appointment for tomorrow morning which they said they will do an ultrasound to verify I guess and D&C if needed. My question is if my cervix were closed how would I pass anyway?
and whats safer or does it matter either way (Natural or D&C)?

Praying for all on here. Your Comments have been very helpful.
i was 12 weeks pregnant exactly barely spotted any and gushed the blood the next day and as soon as i started bleeding i passed my baby...so miscarriage can come as a surprise and fast it doesnt have to be carried out over weeks or anything you can be fine one day and the next lose your baby...they saw the fetal heartbeat and heard it and saw the rate 2 days before i miscarried...but we will try again...it was a boy
I am 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I started to bleed no cramps but bleeding....Am I going to lose my baby:( please help me I want this baby so bad......
Jin,  prayers for you and your baby.    I lost two early pregnancies,  and carried 3 delightful  healthy boys to term.  I hung on to my first blighted ovum pregnancy by doing bedrest for 4 days - self-inflicted,  didn't work.  

Prayers for you and your baby,  and if this doesn't work for you,  prayers for your future pregnancies.  
my sisters baby died at 6 weeks gestation..her doc told her at her 8 wk checkup that the baby was fine. she miscarried 2 weeks later do you guys know if it is dangerous to have all that rotting placenta and everyting else in there for 4 weeks? and if it is, does it sound like her doctor should be held accountable for her malpractice?my sis ended up going to the hospital and they had to take her baby out in pieces. she is devastated and now her doctor is telling her that she should be fine to go back to work after 3 days and she is telling her doc that she is emotionally a wreck.what do you guys thnk should happen?I would love your input..thank you
I am totaly confused about what is going on with my body...   I found out I was pregant Feb27 by a urine test and had a ultrasound Fri5 and was told I was around 5 weeks along. On Sun evening I started to bleed and panicked so my Hubby rushed me to the er. The er doc did a pelvic exam which was very painful he was extremely rough while doing the pelvic exam, he told me my cervix was still closed so he wanted me to have a ultrasound. The ulrtasound still confirmed that I was around five weeks the sac was still there, so he then did a hcg test and my levels were ok so he told me to come back in 48 hours to make sure the levels were rising..  So there was a little hope then I got home and tried to fall asleep but of course my mind was running in circles trying to wrap my head around all this.. I finally fall asleep and wake up to cramping and having to go to the bathroom,  I filled the bottom of the bowl with blood which really upset me so once again I am in panic mood and dont get hardly any sleep. Throughout the day I am still bleeding and having dull cramping, I got a app to see the ob for the next day. The morning of the app I have almost compelety stopped bleeding, which is confusing. So I saw the dr and he did another pelvic exam and found a piece of tissue that he is sending to the lab because he couldn't really say what the tissue was, he didn't really say you are having a miscarraige (miscarriage) . Basically I could be and right now he wants to watch my hcg levels..  Now I am barely spotting at all no pain and very confused is ther still hope that I did not miscarry. The waiting is really the worst because I am constantly trying to think about what is happining with my body I am also am holding on to any hope ther is .. I am going back this evening to do my second hcg test and I am praying that the levels are rising...  Thank you for listening,  Samantha
Hello ladies for all of you that are worried with bleeding, please try and relax. i know that this is hard (ive had 11 miscarriages) but you need to reduce the stress to try and let your body sort things. If you are really trying to have a child and so suffer a miscarrage (miscarriage) PLEASE wait 4 month before trying again as this gives the body time to recover. You can still go on to have a child. My boy was born 14/02/2006 but he was claimed by SIDS just under five months. I am now 10 weeks and still very worried, but doing lots of breathing exercises to help with relaxing. My thoughts are with all of you that are having trouble, but remember YOU know your body better than anyone... I know the pain of loss but also the joy once you do get there in the end. Chin up darlings and my thoughts are with you all
hi guys i m 6 weeks 4 days pregnant i came to know when i was pregnant of the 20 feb .i went to the doctor she told me to do a ultrasound..when i went for the ultrasound the doctor is saying that there is a gest sac but no heartbeat can be seen..she was saying that it can be a misabortion because i m not having any bleeding or any pain i just cant understand wats happening with my body plz just help me what should i do now...
I just got home from my family doctor, I had to go in to get a referral to an OB-GYN - while there the question of when my last pap was came up, and well I had to have one today, during the pap she had seen blood outside of my cervix, however she said my cervix is closed, she then went on explaining what happens and what to watch for when you miscarry, i am scared beyond belief. Any advise?
Reading through a few forums - I have learned that intercourse could cause mild bleeding from irritation, and my partner and I did have intercourse last night .... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My heart goes out to you. Eleven miscarriages would be enough to test anyone's courage, but to then lose your son so tragically - I can't imagine how you are coping with that. What a dreadful, emotionally traumatic time you've had. I only hope you've got plenty of support. Congratulations on your pregnancy. It's been a while since you placed your post so I hope everything continues to go well and that all the pain you've suffered in the past is well behind you now - nothing but good news in the future! I just wanted you to know that your bravery and compassion are inspiring. All the best x
hello everyone i just had a m/c at 7 weeks on june 24th 2010 im still a emotional wreck i cant stpo thinking about my baby i did everything dat i suspose to have done .this was my frist pregancy can anyone give me sum advise on how to cop wit the pain of loseing your frist child cause im so hurt an i just cant seem to move on .my husbnand told me we will try again next year im just so sad
i suppose to start my period on 7/10 but i didnt so i wait until 7/12 and two light faint positive so i was still not sure so i took the DPT and it came out not pregnant and then i wait until 7/17 to take another DPT from the same box and it came out pregnant..but then 7/19 i was in florida and drove to maryland in a cramp car..and i starting to have cramp in the car and when i got to maryland i start to have light bleeding..but now i dont have no cramp but still bleeding and i think my cervix is opened..is that implantation..please help!
I am 10 weeks pregnant and I've been spotting brownish, reddish, and a darker shade of yellow.  Last Friday 7 days ago I gushed bright red blood with 2 half a lime sized clot at work. I thought I had a miscarriage and we even burried the clots. The next day we attended our appointment with the doctor and I explained to them what had happened. They performed a vag- ultrasound and the baby was fine and their was a heart beat. I was relieved but then then the doc stated even though it looks promising a micarry could still happen. I still have hope but now I feel that since I saw the baby already its going to be hard if I did miscarry. I'm hoping that everything will be ok.  
So I wish you best of luck!! Every pregnancy is different and from what I've researched 20% of women spot during pregnancy and 80% of the 20% end up with healthy babies:-)
I feel for everyone. I am 14wks 2 days pregnant today and have had a bad go. Everything was going fine other than low progesterone causing my to take vaginal prometrium. Then at 10wks I started spotting. It was only present when using the restroom and wiping and it started as one time of dark red blood then turned to brown spotting for a week. After that I had spotting off an on until just 5 days ago. The doc said because they could find no reason for the bleed and it is common but not normal for women to bleed during pregnancy that it is considered a threatened m/c. I am holding on to HOPE that everything continues on fine since at each check the baby was doing just fine with strong healthy HB. I have two sons but have had 6 m/c so it is hard not to worry.

One good thing about this pregnancy...with my sons I had horrible morning sickness (more like all the time sickness...lol) but had none with this one so far  =))

Good luck to all you ladies I and I wish you the best!! You're in my thoughts and prayers!
I just had a miscarriage three weeks ago, everything was fine at first, besides three different drs telling me I was 9 wks then the next said 5 wks and then the ultrasound showed 7 wks. My baby had a strong heartbeat when I had the vag ultrasound at 7 wks, and  then three weeks after that I started cramping and having terrible back aches also I was spotting, now I have had two healthy babies never spotting. So I went to the hospital and my pregnancy hormones went from 30,000 to 1,400 the hospital said I was going through what they called a threatned miscarriage but that is all it was so they sent me home. I went to the dr two days after that and they gave me another ultrasound and told me my baby had no heartbeat, and had stopped growing at 7 wks and I was 12 wks along, I was devestated only three weeks before that they said my baby had a strong, good heartbeat. So they sent me home with my baby still inside me, that alone made me feel like the worst feeling ever, just knowing my baby was no longer with me. They couldn't get me in to have a d&c until two days later, but the night before my scheduled d&c I miscarried my baby it was awful going through the contractions of an actual birth, my husband had to rush me to the hospital I was in horrible pain and had to stay on pain meds until the scheduled time for the d&c which was 6 hrs after I was rushed to the hospital. I just want everyone to know that if you feel in your gut something isn't right you don't let the doctors tell you any different you rag at them until they do something.  That hospital should have gave me an ultrasound when I first noticed something wasn't right, but they said I was fine and that they couldn't call an ultrasound tech in that late at night, which my obgyn said the hospital I went to could have and should have given me an ultrasound.
im 4weeks pregnant wth a hcg level of 31.8 im freeking out dr said it might pick up or i might had a mc please i ned some hope..anyone? going tuesday to see if it has doubled
Reading everything brings me to tears....to those who lost their child im soooooo sorry and to those who goes through what i do lets pray and keep positive, and to those asking advice try google it helps if you got brown spotiing its most likely normal called implantation bleeding wich can last up 2 a month, cramps wich feels like period pains is also a sign of implantation bleeding ive been to so many sites to look for info and it helped but try seeing a dr asap im scared aswel but we can do this ill pray for you all will let you know of my second blood test tuesday, still crying lol be strong
I believe I am going through what many of you went through.  I find it funny how they say once you see the heartbeat, your chances of miscarries dramatically decrease.  That might have been in the old days, but now with new technology, we see things a lot earlier.  I have had nothing but problems since I got pregnant. And now here I sit, in tremendous pain, bleeding with lots of clotting, and nothing I can do.  My ultrasound was yesterday, and I didn't even want to go because I was in pain, and bleeding.  I knew what was going on, but went anyway.  The last thing I wanted was to see the baby with a heartbeat, but there it was.  This may sound cold, but I had a feeling it would miscarry from the beginning, and was told to expect it with low hcg levels earlier on, so the longer it goes on, the more painful emotionally it is.  So there was the little baby and heartbeat, and I cried all day yesterday.  Even though my doc says it may pull through, I don't see how any baby could stay put and healthy with all that cramping and blood clotting...  I have yet to read a story of a woman in my pain with bleeding and clotting that had a successful pregnancy.  It hurts so bad, I just want it to end...is it wrong to wish this?
I hope everything turns out for the best. I will keep you in prayer. I will be looking for an update. God Bless.
Hi im soo confused and upset, from raeding all your posts i just dnt know wot to think any more. Last wed started with brown spotting which my sat night turned to blood, went to emergency GP told me threatened miscarraige (miscarriage), bleeding got worse sunday night with intense pains for about an hour, went for a scan yesterday(10 weeks)they couldnt c the baby or sac, said it may b a miscarraige (miscarriage), goin bk 2moro to check my hormone levels, is it def a miscarraige (miscarriage)?????i dnt want 2 get my hopes up, any responce is gladly appricated as this is my 1st pregnancy, thanks laura x
im currently going through the same as most of you i found out 3 weeks ago i was pregnant after suffering a miscarriage at 8 weeks back in jan. once confirmed by doc she told me i was around 6 weeks. woke yesterday morning to find i was spotting blood but only when i wiped through out the day the bleeding got heavier then around 7pm i had a strong pain rushed the toilet only to find a clot when i had finished. of course i thought i knew deep down id miscarried as it was similar to my last miscarriage. i rang emergency room to be told to come straight in when dr examined me he told me it was quite likey i had suffered a miscarriage but when examining me found my cervix was still closed. this is what is worrying me as i dont know weather to hope my baby is still alive or weather it has gone has anyone ever been in this situation before? i have to go back tomorrow for a vaginal scan but i just cant see how i could pass what i think is my fetus and still have closed cevix please help x
I am 9 weeks pregnant and started spotting yesterday i went to the dr's and they performed a internal ultrasound and found that the baby has a strong heartbeat and I actually saw the baby move a little bit. I am still spotting and they don't know why. I am overcome with fear, should I be overly concerned that the dr can't verify the source of my bleeding. I don't know if I should continue to plan and dream about my baby or if i should just prepare myself that this pregnancy will most like end. Someone please give me some guidance.
I had a vaginal septoplasty 1 year ago because I was told that my uterus had 80% chance of misscarriage if i diddn't have the surgery. In the fall my doctor put me on thyriod medication due to my thyroid level was to high and my doctor has me on progesterone suppositories that I have been on since September.  I am 10 weeks pregnant today and I started to bleed 2 weeks ago and I am still bleeding. In my 8th week I was sleeping and around 5:30am I awoke feeling like I wet myself but I only knew in my heart that I couldn't have.  As I rushed to the washroom my husband followed me and it was like a pool of blood bursted out of me without control.  The blood was bright red only liquid no clots. We began to think the worst as for I had already had a miscarriage almost 2 yrs ago. I went to see my OBG that same morning and I had an vaginal ultrasound and the technician said I see the heart beat and my husband and I were over joyed.  The technician told us that the baby looks good and my bleeding is on my right side and not to worry as for the baby was on my left side.  We left the doctors office without any answers why I was bleeding, but had hope.  I had another appointment a week later, the bleeding was not as much but I needed to wear panty liner and the blood turned to a dark brown color.  The ultrasound was done and the baby has grown since last week and doing good.  The technician told me that the bleeding area has become larger than last week I was told that this is not a good thing or bad thing.  I am so confused.  I am awaiting to go for my 12 week check up 2 weeks today.  I am trying to keep faith in God and be positive.  I am still feeling all the pregnancy symptoms of nausea and breast soarness and I have not had a good night sleep since I found out I was pregnant. I wish I knew why and what is going on with my body.  My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for 3yrs now.  
Thank you ladies for your posts I now feel that I am not alone and my prayers are with you. God bless you.
Hi Everyone,

I was pregnant for the first time this summer and miscarried at 8 weeks on August 26. I became pregnant again right away which was a shock because I didn't even know I had ovulated and never did get another AF so we were so happy. I miscarried again at 8 weeks on Oct 31. If there is one thing I know, it is that once it starts, it cannot be stopped and it is nothing you or any doctors have done. I am searching for answers, but deep down I know there may not be an answer. The one thing that does make me feel better is knowing how easily I can conceive and that we will be pregnant again. I don't know if it can be planned (or charted for) and your body will get pregnant again when it is ready. I am overcome by then number of posts on this forum from women going through the exact same things. It helps to know we are not alone. There are so many feelings and emotions at a time like this that it really helps to be able to vent. My Dr. wants me to wait 2 cycles now and the thought of that just makes me so sad. Has anyone come across any research about waiting? She thinks maybe I got pregnant again too soon. I just don't know if I believe that and what really frustrates me is that she is not really willing to investigate further to see if I have any hormonal imbalances.

I've always hated the phrase "It is what it is", but this last time I actually caught myself saying "Well, it is what it is" - there may be no rhyme or reason, it happen and it just is.

My heart goes out to all of you... I know the fear you are feeling, the panic, the worry, and the pain, but we all get through it some how and we are stronger for it.
im going throw it too im 9 weeks i started with brown discharge when i was 5 weeks the hospital told me that things were fine then last weekend i spotted brown again didnt think anything about it thursday i started to bleed red but it was like watery so i called my doctor because im not crampin to watch it if i cramp or bleed heavier go to the emergency room well like almost 2 hours later started crampin went to the bathroom n passed 3 clots about the size of a quarter  so the emergancy room took blood work did an exam said that i was bleeding more then expected n sent me for an ultrasound there was a heartbeat n my cervix is still closed he didnt really tell me anything becides that i can be having a threatened miscarrage (miscarriage) but there r chances that i might not i go to the doctors on monday to find out more but they told me to let nature take its course n that they found the blood around the walln it can force me to miscarry n my mom talked to him n he told her more then wat he told me n she believes that im most likely going to miscarry im scared donno wat to do i have like so many body changes before the bleeding i was sleeping constantly n now i cant sleep i have had 4 hours in the past 48 hours can anyone help me i just want to know if my baby is going to live or not n if not then i want to get it over with so i can just release my mind i really need to know anyone that can plz help me
hi everyone,
today I am 7 weeks. saturday I started spotting and sunday I had a bit heavier flow. (small and few amount of clots. no discharge or any brown substance) I went to my doctor and had an ultrasound... no heartbeat was found. the dr said it may be that im too early to see... I havent had any cramping or headaches, etc. but the hcg levels were a bit low.. ive been at home the past few days resting and only after two days ive stopped bleeding.  idk if this is a good sign but tomorow morning I go back for my blood test retake for the hcg levels. this is my first pregnancy and i really pray everythings okay for me as for the rest of you <3
I am 6 weeks pregnant. start 5 weeks I had cramps in my lower abdomen. This is my second pregnancy that I've waited so long. with the 1st peg never felt any cramps. on wed (1/12) I was spotting with dark pink. and stopped on thurs. on fri afternoon start spotting again and today too. and I had cramps aswell. I was so worried. last wed GP check the HCG is 14000 which is good. and they did u/s too no heart beat found, they said too early to detect heart beat. my spotting now is light brown and it's kind a mucus not watery.
I just pray more everyday may God save my babies. I don't what else should I do since the earliest i can see in obs is on 14 dec, seems so long for me to wait.
I have the same problem.i went to get an ultasound tues(11/30/10) and everything waq fine normal heart beat and it was growing fine. Saturday morning(12/04/10) woke up with light pink blood everywhere. So i rushed to hospital and the gave me another u/s and could not find a heart beat..the doc said i could be having one but he not sure..i didnt ask about my hcg becuz i just found out about it on,here...i was posed to be 7weeks this passed wednesday but when i had the u/s the said i was only 5 going on 6...but now i just came from the hospital again 12/04/10 becuz i was cramping really bad that i couldnt walk and heavy bleeding and blood clots....i hope my doc can see a heart beat.
I do understand what many of you are facing. I lost my 1 year old daughter 4 years ago to viral myocarditis, a viral infection she contrated from daycare.  I am home resting as yesterday my fiance and I suffered a hard loss as I had a miscarriage.  I had been spotting a few days before which turned into a full blood flow and I rushed to the ER, where the ER team confirmed my miscarriage.  I had an idea, but I knew God would allow another devasting loss like this again.  I was 10 weeks and set for my next prenatal the following week as I as a high risk patient must see my OBGYN every 2 weeks.  My fiance says that he wants to try again next year once we both get through this year emotionally because we had invested so much emotionally and mentally in this baby in such a short time.  But I am grateful and know that God is a good and faithful God.  I am still trusting and believing in him and I pray for all of us in the losses in which we as mothers have experienced.  Our babies are dancing and singing in heavens playland...
I am 5 weeks pregnant and yesterday afternoon I started bleeding heavily. I called maternity hospital right away and I went in for an internal examination a few hours later. She said that the cervix was closed but that there was alot of heavy bleeding. When I first started bleeding there was a couple of tiny clots ( about the size of a small fingernail) but I had no pain or anything like that.  I've to go for a scan on Monday as I'll be 6 weeks then. I'm so worried and scared. I feel I'm not going to be able to cope if it's bad news. I have a really bad feeling about it and both me and my husband are just devastated at the moment. We are both 30 and we have been trying for over a year.  I have never drank or smoked in my life and we are both reasonably healthy. Why is this happening.  
I am only 4weeks pregnant first pregnancy. I started spotting last night just enough to worry me. I rushed to the E.R to see if i might be m/c. Doctor ran all kinds of test and told me my cervix was still closed. But i have a horrible cramping in my left side. I have also had cyst on my ovary before and i asked the doctor if their was any there now. He said everything looked alright but since I am so early in my pregnancy he would not know if i am loosing the baby right now.. I am so worried and i want this baby so bad me and my family are so excided about it.. Please someone tell me if you have gone threw this. Will everything be okay?
Im very sorry to hear about your loss. I also lost my first pregnancy. It was very hard for the first week but i didnt want to let it get the better of me. If you remain stressed out you will make it harder to conceive again. Just support one another and always communicate, i just saw it as natures way of telling me something was wrong, you will be fine and keep your chin up, i did and felt better about it.
Hi my nameis sheets. I think I'm just over 10 weeks pregnant. I think I am miscarrying right now. 3 hours ago I felt a dull swelling pain in my lower abdomen then I felt sick n woozy. Next thing I felt sharp cramps in my lower stomach. I ran upatairs to lay down 10 mins later I was bleeding sticky brown blood.  I have already changed 3 times and i have cramping. The cramps are so bad I cannot even stand. Then I got up to go the loo to find I was bleed fresh red blood with cramping. I have no idea what is going but I have a little girl who is 15 months today and I never endured this pain whilst carrying her. All best all of you out there. Love sheets x
hi, i have had some bad news recently, i had a miscarriage on the 13 april, two days before my long awaited 12 week scan.worst day of my life!and i know this doesnt make you feel any better reading this but i asked the gynae doctors loads of questions during this, and bleeding is very common during pregnancy...i was the sixth woman in that night with bleeding in pregnancy!i had clots the size of five pence pieces, filled my whole hand(as awful as it sounds), however the gynea doctor reassured me that bleeding as bad as that can ressolve and 95 out of 100 pregnancies go on to have normal pregnancies after this.i was so shocked, but then on the gynae ward i heard the same stories from very experienced nurses!in my case i had a blighted ovum, which means that my baby died early on in the pregnancy but the sac still grew, my breast grew and got tender(even produced alittle milk)and my bump grew day by day, but there was no baby there.this was confirmed by 2 scans.yes im devastated, but knowing what i know now, bleeding can be normal, even heavy bleeding, but my advice is go to a+e, have a scan(even as early as 5weeks, they will do a transvaginal scan-which sounds scary but its a probe which only goes in to about the length of your little finger), have piece of mind and don't get yourself into a state at home.i don't know if this will help anyone but it hasn't put me off trying again.good luck everyonexxx
i was told i am 11 wks along and i started spotting after sex last thursday. it was a light red then pink. but on sunday it turned a dark red almost purple color and seems a little thicker. i am only spotting though...no cramps no blood on my panties i called the ob/gyn and had an emergency visit they sent me to get a transvaginal u/s and blood work because he couldn't hear a heartbeat with his little machine. i waited all day to hear from the dr but he never called me with the results,which i was told that they would only take an hour to get.should i be worried?  i had a previous m/c 10 yrs ago to the date, i don't know if i can bare another one
Hi everyone,
I posted a comment on 3rd Feb saying how worried I was as I had bleeding at 5 weeks pregnant.  I went for that scan at 6 weeks which turned out to be inconclusive as I was so early on in the pregnancy.  I went back a week later to get wonderful news that the baby was fine.  Unfortunately, at a routine scan at 9 weeks, they discovered the baby had died.  I had a D&C on 2nd March.  I was heartbroken and felt so empty.  We decided to wait till I had one period then start trying right away as it took us a year to concieve (conceive) first time round.  6 weeks later I discovered I was 2 weeks pregnant!!! We are both delighted but sooo scared.  I had bleeding again at 5 weeks which was scary but scan at 7 weeks showed everything to be ok - again.  We are just trying to stay positive but I cant help but worry that history is repeating itself a little.  It would be great to hear from anyone who is suffering this worry as we are.  Good luck to everyone trying to concieve (conceive), or who are pregnant and worrying.  Fingers crossed we all get to hold our wee ones in our arms some day soon. X
i was just goin thru this site, its sad what most of us have to go through. my problem is that i am almost 10 weeks+ pregnant, i actually conceived after my 2nd baby girl is like 6 months. however i had a positive pregnancy test but i hav nt had any pregnancy symptoms at all, for my previous 2 pregnancies, from the 5th week till the end of the fourth month i have had too much morning sickness that i am unable to even keep my head straight, but in this case i have had nothing so far, nt even swollen breasts. just about whn conceiving i guess, i hav an yeast infection n i continued to have so till about 3 weeks ago, had excessive white discharge. my first scan performed on the 4th week showed every thing normal. i havent been to the doctor after that and an getting pretty worried nw. i would be great if ne1 could fill me in on this...
I've just had a baby in march this year and two weeks ago I found out I was Pregnant again.....Well two days ago I went to the hospital because I started to bleed...it started out light and lasted about 10 hours...then stopped...I had some minor cramping with it...well yesterday I started bleeding again for about 8 hours and it was a lil bit heavier...with the same mild cramping..and then it all just stopped....Did I have a miscarriage or What happened
i just went through what half of you are going through or what half of you are worried about... i had to miscarriages before i had my oldest daughter who is turning three in august then a year later after i had her i found out i was pregnant again.. Yesturday i went to the hospital cause i was spotting for two weeks on and off... i was supposed to be 10 weeks pregnant...but everytime they did blood work it would be right at 10 weeks and the ultrasound would say 4 weeks less... i had ultrasounds and they couldnt find the heart beat... monday i started bleeding harder but not spotting so i thought that the baby and i were fine.. then comes thursday i started bleeding heavier like i was on the second day of my period with alittle blood cloths... i ended up going to the hospital to find out that i lost the baby... for some women its normal to have your period or to spot while pregnant but once you start having blood cloths it is possible that you lost the baby... i know how you ladies feel its the hardiest thing i have to go through but if it wasnt for my girls that i have no i think i would have gone nuts
I just went for my 8 weeks check this morning, and the doc said my fetus was only about the size of 6 weeks 3 days and no heartbeat. I began spotting more than a week ago, followed by bleeding (not heavy) these 2 days. My heart dropped when the doc said I may have miscarriage, but asked me to go back and check again in 2 weeks like. Am I having miscarriage or what actually happened? I'm worried sick by the thought of losing this baby. Any advise?
I lost my baby last night and tomorrow I would have been 11 weeks. This is my second miscarriage. I would have had a 2 and a half year old and am turning 18 next month. I miss my son and now my daughter. Yesterday I pushed my body too hard and started having bad cramps. Then j began spotting but it started to go away. But then got worse. Now there are clots and I dreamed of my little girl in my arms. I know this may sound weird, but I know that was me saying goodbye to the baby I have carried around and loved. Soon I will be married and have children, but I will never forget my babies. I know what you are going through. I just can't help but think that maybe if I were with the father and told people about my pregnancy there would have been a better outcome. But my son and daughter are happy together with my grandpa awaiting my return to them. I am so sorry for what you have all gone through. My prayers are with you.
Cassy - mother of 2 - Matthew Chad and Abigail Bessie
i am 17 yes i kno to young to have a baby and i think thats why i miscarried.The dr said i was between 6 and 8 weeks.I didnt even kno wat was happening to me until i went to the dr and told him my symptoms.i was bleeding heavier than norman and had huge clots.my back and head were hurting i also was having cramps.idk if i believe i miscarried  just because i dint have morning sickness or anything.but my period was a month late.any ideas on this?
I have a weak cervix.I had my 1st miscarriage at 22 weeks.I became pregent again 9 months after and this time I had an cerclage put in that's wen u become pregent they sew ur cervix but unfortunately my water had broke anyway at 5months so I was put on bed rest and had my son at 7months and 1 day he was 2lbs and 6oz they told so much negative things about my baby and maybe he's not going to make it.so through all that drama I'm Happy to say my son made 2yrs old yesterday. So to da ppl that's spotting think about asking for a cerclage
i have been bleeding since yesterday it started off light pinkish brown to now it's heavy and thick gowy blood coming out.....i am not sure if am pregnant or not but i been having the symptoms...
Hi everyone I am new to this and wondered if anyone could help. I had the implant taken out my arm and conceived within a month I am about 5-6 week preg as an estimated guess an have started bleeding I have had stringy like blood and have had one medium sized clot. I have a 3 year old an bled a small amount with her around the same time but don't remember having clots. I haven't noticed a sac in the bleeding or in the clot but am freaking out as I have a EPU scan tomorrow and am expecting the worst. I have read that after the implant you could have a misscarriage before having a baby. Please give me your opinions and experiences. Thanks xx
I am 9 wks pregnant and yesterday 10/11 I started bleeding very light but i had a clot so I called my Obgyn and made a appointment this morning 10/12 where my baby's heart rate was low so i had to schedule a appointment a week out where they would do a ultrasound again and check the heart rate. I just want to know if anyone else is/had the same problem and what was your outcome im trying to stay positive.thanks
I really feel for everyone it is so hard to find out that a pregnancy is threatened
I lost a baby three months ago at 12 weeks had to have 2 d&Cs as the first one didnt work. Here I find myself today 4 weeks and 6 days pregnant again however I have been bleeding from the day I found out which was 6 days ago Have had an ultrasound and there is no sign of even a sac. Sometimes they say its cause your too early on But I believe it is a miscarriage the bleeding is slight but continiously there. I am sad and a bit scared to know what will happen to me over the next few days I am not optermistic. The last miscarriage was sooo awful and traumatic. I do want to try again one day but am so afraid. I am strong I think and I am not alone all you wonderful ladies out there are strong too  sending lots of love too everyone there will be light at the end of the tunnel xxoo
I havent ad my period since september 24,2011.I started bleeding today on October 31,2011,but its just spotting then clotts when I use the bathroom.So I dont know If im Pregnant or whats going on.Should I go to the doctor?
I had a misscarriage but didnt kno I was pregnant intill one day I was sitting dwn eatting & I just felt something that felt like water come dwn my legs
It was something bad to see because I took a test & my doctor said i wasnt & the whole time I was I cnt speak the weeks but I lost my baby on my toilet & seen it. It was scarey I throught it was my felt but then I throught it was my doctor. But I guess I just got tested to soon
I FEEL SO BAD FOR ALL OF U! READING ALL UR STORIES BROKE MY HEART! MY GOOD FRIEND IS 10 WEEKS AND IS ON HER WAY TO THA ER BECAUSE SHE IS SPOTTING IT MAKES ME SAD CAUSE SHES BEEN TRYING FOR LIKE 2 YRS TO GET PREGNANT AND IM 22 WEEKS I AM SO SORRY FOR ALL OF U THAT LOST UR BABIES :( JUST KEEP THA FAITH LET UR BODY AND HEART HEAL AND TRY AGAIN! GOD BLESS U ALL! ! !
well three days ago I started spotting and next day having blood clots I went to the hospital and they did test to c if my hormones levels were high to check the ultrasound they told me my uterus was low the baby heartbeat was strong but the was bleeding too but there NT much they could do have to have nature takes it course and I'm still bleeding im6weeks and they told me NT to come BK only if I bleed threw a pad every hour or if I c tissue I'm scare I have a good feeling I'm gonna lose this
I'm just nearly 9 weeks and going threw the same as what you's went threw I'm just bleeding though no clotting.
I went the hospital last night they took bloods an sent me home, and got told to go back in 2 days. I have got 4 healthy kids and already miscarried but my last miscarrage (miscarriage) was nothing like this I'm so scared in case I need a D&C !! I've read your stories and they made me more at ease noing there are lots of women going threw this .... Xx
I think I'm around 9-10 week pregnant with mu first baby I've got my first scan on the 28th November to find out when I'm due! Last night I went to the toilet and when wiping I find a bit of blood but it's very watery like it had been at the begging of my pregnancy! My husband rung the midwife and she said as long as I havnt got any bad pains then I should be ok but if I do to go straight to the hospital
Hello Well I must say so many of these storys are like the one im about to tell. I was suppose to be nine weeks pregnant and i started  spottin just a lil with a peach color blood so i didnt think it was that bad i just stayed in bed and then the following day i had used the restroom and seen there was more blood that was brighter red so i went to the ER so they did a sonogram and i seen the lil heart beat and the lady doing the sonogram said you look about 6 weeks and everything looks ok ( which she isnt suppose to tell me anything so im thinking everything is great! Well i go back into my room n the doctor brings in me miscarriage papers sending me home and Im lookin at her like what is this n the nice person i am i didnt wanna get the young girl doing the sonogram n trouble cause she had given me a pic of the baby n she wasnt allowed so i took the papers n threw them away . So i go home n i pretty much stay in bed but i had been really sick throwing up n not well at all . So i started gettin lil cramps n lil fever so again i went to the bathroom n seen a clot so i freaked out started crying called my mom im 32 but still call my mom so i go back to the hospital and they do another sonogram and this girl tells me nothing but the bond that this baby n i had was so weird like i heard a whisper in my ear while laying there saying it will be ok mom but im with God n at that point i knew my baby didnt have a heart beat so they took me back to my room n the doctor asked my 9 year old n my friend to please leave the room so she could talk to me so as she went to tell me i stopped her n said i already know my baby has no heart beat n she said yes n i lost it it was like a baseball bat hittin me in the stomach but what i dont understand is she told me it looked like the baby was 7 weeks n stopped growing because i shoulda been 9 weeks so what i do not understand is why would that girl give me a picture of my baby saying everything was fine but anyway so after she tells me this my baby has no heart beat she sends me home no dnc no nothing  she says go home n let your body reject it who does that who says that , so as i sit n write this im in crucial pain n wondering when shall my lil angel pass n leave me im going crazy knowing its still inside me n i will never be able to hug n kiss my baby I know i will see my baby when its my time to go but the mental n physical pain i am feeling is killing my heart I cant eat or sleep I wish i can just have my baby back id give him or her my heart to beat from . God bless all of you who went thru this my prayers are for you all:(
I know exactly how you feel right now coz i went through the same thing last January.I came to know im pregnant last December of 2010, i still remember how happy we were during those times.Had my check up, everything went well at first but then i had spotting too,i was alarmed so we went to see my OB, had series of ultra sounds, and showed that my baby dont have fetal heartbeat.we were broken hearted.I never undergone D and C since my Ob told me it was a complete abortion.But i didnt lose hope, and now i just found out im pregnant again, i havent visited my Dr yet but i had a home pregnancy test and it showed a positive result.Now im extra careful, i wanna make sure that im not gonna lose this baby again.I will pray for you and for all the ladies here who have and had the same experience like me.
am 4 weeks pregnant, and bleeding and now pain and cramping up, am i loosing my baby
I'm 6 weeks pregnant, had a smear of bright red blood yesterday evening, and then brown spotting for 24 hours which has now stopped. I went to A&E and they've referred me for an u/s on Monday. Wait-and-see.

It's heartbreaking to read all the desperate pleas for help on forums like these - ladies, there are no experts here to help you or answer your questions. All we can do is share our stories. Please, any future visitors, contact your doctor or midwife or go to A&E (ER). No fear is too small to take to the professionals - this is life and death stuff, after all.
I bled for about a week at what I thought was week 6 (it turned out to be week 5)...very scary, especially since it was accompanied by cramps and an overall something's-very-wrong kinda feeling, seriously the worst I've ever felt. I never passed clots, but definite light to medium bleeding, enough to panic me.  Went to the ER and my cervix was closed, they saw a yolk sac on the scan but no heartbeat...sent me home telling me to rest as much as I could, but basically that if it was going to happen there was nothing anyone could do.

After a week of worry and sleeping/lying down in every place I could manage (I literally made a pallet under my desk so I could lie down on my breaks), I had a my first scheduled OB appointment.  The ultrasound showed a strong heartbeat and perfectly developed 6 week old little peanut. The date of conception had been off, and the ER room scan was just done too early (at 5 weeks) to see/hear the baby.  The bleeding stopped a few days later, and now at week 10 the little one and I are holding steady. They say for some women bleeding is just a part of pregnancy...really hope it never comes back though, because that was the most frightening week of my life.
I think I am having a miscarriage.  I started cramping on Thanksgiving and spotting.  The cramps come and go but sometimes much much worse...enough to take my breath away. I was just spotting like most of you ladies have described above with some clotting now in the middle of the night I have seen what looks like tissue. I spoke to the on call doctor and he said to stay in bed and see my doctor on Monday that if I am having a  m/c there is nothing that can be done.  e said to go the the ER if I clot the size of a lemon!  I feel like I must be having a m/c because of the tissue I've seen?  Thank you so much ladies for your stories...your support is very much appreciated.  God Bless each of you!
i'm 2 months and has had a miscarriage and while being check out i was told i was 3 weeks pregnant again trying to find out how this possible? can someone out there help me with this?
3 months ago I had a miscarriage.  I was told when I was 8 weeks pregnant that the fetus stopped growing at 6 weeks.  I never bled and never had any cramping.  
Right now i'm 6 weeks and 5 days pregnant.  About 3 days ago I had some bright red bleeding only when I wiped.  Later that night it turned into very little brown spotting.  It has since gone away.  I called the dr and the nurse said that she sure it was nothing.  I have my next u/s appt in 2 days when I turn 7 weeks.
BUT....my point is.....3 years ago I was pregnant.  When I was 10 weeks I had bleeding and heavy duty cramping.  (was so bad I was rolled up in a ball on my couch).  My husband took me to the ER and they checked me out with an u/s.  They told me I had a Subcorionic Bleed.  It was a slight tear near my uterus.  Was near the fetus but didnt reach it.  Low and behold, my healthy baby boy was born on Aug 11, 2008.  So, having a bleed and cramping doesn't always mean a miscarriage.  Praying for you all!!!!  
I'm not bleeding but I just went to the restroom and saw a couple of white clots and I'm 8 weeks and 1 day? This is my second pregnancy I misscarried the first one and I'm really worried?
i am 6 weeks pregnant and i started bleeding on the 30 dec but not gone to the dr or hospital cos am scared cos i have misscarrige before i dont know what to do i think i have lost it as i have been bleeding since then and am still bleeding now. am scared
According to my LMP I should be bit over 10weeks. Two days ago I started bleeding(the blood was and is brownish). I've been having light cramps for a while but thought it was normal. Before the bleeding the pain intensified. I rushed to the hospital,the doc said my cervix was still closed but I could be in danger of a miscarriage. The next day I went for my first ultra sound but my gestational sac was measured 5weeks 6days. No fetal pole could be seen and there was no heart beat...the sac was empty. They said I must have miscarried. I must however still have blood work done in 3days time. I am still bleeding and have cramps similar to period cramps and the blood remains dark and brownish. It is my first pregnancy and am truly broken hearted and need to know if there still is hope for me...Did my baby really die?
Hello my name is yuliana I'm just 6 week pregnant ..... what can I say I'm so happy to find out the good news but I'm also so scared to have a miscarriage I really don't know what to do I have just had pain in my stomach but it goes away later on in the day its my first child and I'm so happy but only God knows are next step I just need to keep praying for the best wish ever one of you guyz best wishes and good luck :-)
im 14 wks pregnant now but when i was 11 wks i  started bleeding heavily with cramping and went to the er. the bleeding subsided and i went home on bed rest (fetal heartbeat and activity were good). i've been trying my best to stay off my feet as much as possible with with 3 other children its not easy but last week i woke up to use the bathroom and a little blood clot passed so i new if i was going to have a miscarriage there was nothing i could do so i laid back down since there was no bleeding with it. 2 hours later i used the bathroom and two huge blood clots passed but were brown not bright red, i returned to the er and baby was fine with normal hb and activity. i went home and the next morning i had another one but bigger and i was sure this was it :/ but i still continued to stay on total bed rest while my husband did the house work. for now i have brownish discharge which is better than bright red at least, so far baby is still fine!...so for all these hurtfilled hearts just know there is a chance for your baby to survive!!<3
Went and got my u/s last friday i was 6 weeks 1 day they couldnt get a definite heartbeat and the foetal pole is 4.8mm long.im worried because a week and a half ago i bleed no clots or anything just like the start of a period and it stopped within 20mins  they said it looked like a sub chorionic haemorrhage..i go back this friday im really worried
Hi, I feel like I might be pregnant, the first month of my missed period I got my period a week and half late which ended up being 2 days long, at first it was quiet heavy, and started gettin lighter almost strait away, which I thought was strange cause it usually lasts 4-5 days at least..by the second day my "period" had finished completly, I've had the same thing this month but I still feel pregnant.. Should I go to the doctors and get checked out?, this is the first time I've experienced anything like this.. HELP PLEASEEE!!
I see alot of post but No answers- - if someone reads this within a few days that can offer assistant PLEASE HELP.  I went to the doctor on Friday @ 10w 2days- - and heard the worst news!  No heartbeat and No fetus.  However my HCG was not tested nor do I have ANY symptoms- - but the doctor is scheduling a D&C.  What should I do?
Is the D&C the only option? Why won't he/she allow for your body to take it's toll? Is there concern for infection? Maybe another opinion on this?? DEMAND lab work before you continue with the D&C to find out more. It is YOUR body and you have the right to treatment as well as to question the treatment your Dr. wants to do. He should be giving you informed decisions, not one sided opinions.

Good luck!
If your doctor gave you an ultrasound they can tell if there are any remains from the pregnancy and if there are you will need a D&C. I just miscarried a earlier this week, i was 7 1/2 week preg.  Basically my doctor took my blood and gave me an ultrasound which confirmed that the baby did not leave anything behind.  My hormone levels are not back to 0 yet, however she will monotor them back to zero (may take a week or 2).  If they dont go back to zero within the next week or 2 then that means potentially there was still remains from the pregnancy.  You were a few weeks farther along them me so im wondering if its standard procedure for the D&C..i would call your doctor and ask, thats the only way you will know for sure...good luck and sorry to hear about your loss :(
Well The same thing happend to me I was 7 weeks and 5 days and I started spotting and had horrable pain but I went to the hospital and they took my blood and everything and then they did a vaginal sonogram and said that their were no problems and that the baby was fine I wish you good luke
Hi i want to share my story .. My husband and i found out we were pregnant and were so excited. We made a doc visit he checked us out and did a pelvic exam and he even has a small ultrasound machine in his office so we saw the baby and the heartbeat it was 153 i wont forget that .. He printed us a picture which was wonderful. The next day i started spotting (i thought it was from my exam) then heavier blood came. We later went to the er and found out we were misscarring :( it was so hard to see our baby and hear the heartbeat and then have it taken away from you. That was 2 years ago. Now we finally got pregnant again and im 6 weeks im just so worried it will happen again .. But keep your head up its so hard to but i believe everything happens for a reason ...
I'm not sure how far gone I am but think around 5-6 weeks,very bad cramping and abit off brown spotting.i had a scan today and no baby,got more blood test tomorrow but very worried
If you are unsure of your dates, it's very possible the ultrasound just couldn't pick anything up yet.  At 5 weeks you would require either very sensitive equipment with a really skilled tech, or a transvaginal ultrasound.  As for the spotting and cramping, that can also be common.

Unfortunately you are at that stage in pregnancy where there really is no way to know for certain.  Another week or two, and you will have your answers.  I'm sorry, I know this is stressful.  The blood work may help reassure you a bit.  Take care.
I have stage2 diabetes not quite under control and just found out im pregnant I also have an ovarian cyst and a fatty liver will this decrease my chance of a healthy baby?
I was bleeding for to days heavy n I went to the er n my blood level was high n my cervix was close they got a strong heartbeat n they said my baby look healthy I went home to days after it stop now I see brown when I wipe is it normal