Maternal & Child Community
6-7 weeks Pregnant, low rising hcg and no fetal heartbeat>

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am also very confused!!  I began to bleed very heavily on 12/6/12 passing some small clots and then a very big clot.  Went to the Dr who said it was possibly a dysfunctional uterine bleed which can happen sometimes.  He took bloods to check that I wasn't pregnant and in the evening phoned me to tell me the bloods came back with an hcg of 5000, but it was likely that I had miscarried.( I had no idea that I could possibly be expecting!)  Went back on 15/6 and had more bloods and my hcg and gone up to 11705.  He booked an appointment for me at the EPU for 26/6 and took more bloods on 18/6 which came back as 14391- he then told me that I had a viable pregnancy of the womb due to the rising levels! I had more blood taken on 22/6 and hcg was 20504.  I attended my appointment at the EPU and had a transvaginal scan- the specialist told me that there was a gestational sac and an embryo present CRL measurement 5.5mm.  But she could not detect a fetal hearbeat.  She said that the viability of the pregnancy is uncertain and I have to return in 8 days for another scan.  She said because my bloods were not increasing as she would expect and my progesterone level is also low at 11.00 that I should prepare myself for the pregnancy not being viable.  She also said I was approx 6-7 weeks( although I am unsure of my last period).  She said she had a good view when she scanned me and her feelings were that the pregancny isn't viable as she should have seen a flutter in accordance with my dates, but that she "was sitting on fence with this one" til my next scan. I have had very little symptoms- the bleeding has stopped now.  I HATE this waiting and feel completely alone.  Can anyone relate to my story, I don't know how to feel :-(
.
Hi!
I can understand the tension, stress and anxiety that you are going through. However, there is nothing much you can do but wait. Normally a gestational sac with a yolk sac appears at about 5 weeks (calculated from your last missed period date) of pregnancy and can be well visualized by 6 weeks on a transvaginal (through a vagina) ultrasound (so it can be missed at 5 weeks). Fetal heart beat usually appears by 8-9 weeks. This is why it is best to repeat the scan a week or two later. Take care!