Maternal & Child Community
6 Weeks and Nothing but a Sac

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

6 Weeks and Nothing but a Sac

Hi, I'm new to this website...But I saw a lot of people commenting on posts and I figured I'd give it a try and get people's intake.  I took two pregnancy tests on January 6, 2012. I was so excited, I'M PREGNANT! I went to the doctor's and everything is normal. I had my first Ultra Sound on January 23, 2012. All they saw was the SAC. So the doctor told me that I'm probably just 4 weeks and we just can't tell yet. So I was upset, but oh well, givers can't be takers.  So the doctor CALLED (yeah called, how rude) me later that night and told me I probably had a Blighted Ovum? We had blood work done January 24, 2012 and my numbers were about 9,000. She said in 48 hours they should double and everything will be okay. If they don't double we should worry. I went back on January 26, 2012 and my numbers were 11,000. I'm scared, still.  I had my second ultra sound on January 30, 2012.  Again, they saw nothing. I had blood work done on the same day and my numbers were at 13,000. So my numbers are rising, but not enough...The doctors were getting scared it was an Etopic pregnancy (sp?), ended up not being that. So, that's a relief.  Well, February 1, 2012 (today) I had another ultra Sound.  Still, nothing except the sac.  The doctor said I should be 6 weeks and 2 days today.  So they want to schedule ANOTHER ultra sound for February 6, 2012 where I should be exactly 7 weeks.  I have had some bleeding for the past 5 days, and some cramping. Not too bad. The blood has not been bad, just a panty liner.  The cramping kind of feels like gas? But I know it's not (haha). Well I'm looking for HIGH HOPES. I pray Jesus is just waiting. Has this happened to anyone before? I'm scared and I need answers. Please give me hope.
Hi, I have had the same thing happen just yesterday I was 6 weeks and all they have found was the sac and I was all tore up yesterday. I understand the worry it is
i know how u fill i in oct i found out that i was pregnant we where so happy well i started to crap and blood to so i went to the doc tell me that they have to run test to and ultra and it took a lont time to find out about 2 weeks long time in my life well to find out i lost it im sorry to tell u that but the doc told me that the numbers can still go up becouse u have not passed it yet or otherthing so i will pray for u dont give up god done every thing for a reasen  good luck