Maternal & Child Community
6 month old and throwing up baby food

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

6 month old and throwing up baby food

My daughter is 6 months old and we have tried 3 different kinds of baby food on her. We gave her greenbeans and she threw up so bad, so I gave her banannas and she ate those just fine, tonight I tried to give her Sweet Potatoes and she threw up everywhere again.  We are waiting about 5 days in between trying different foods, and I have also tried mixing a little in with her cereal, and she still throws up, now she wont eat.  She takes 4 ounce bottle about every 4 hours and she is only eating about 2 and she will wait 5-6 hours between feedings.  Im not sure what to do.  Can anybody help me please.
well firsat off HOW much of the baby food are you giving to her? how is she with just the cereal? have you trie d every cereal...beginner like rice, barley and oatmeal as well as mixed fruits, banana and rice(i think those are the only ones she can have for now) when introducing babyfood you need to stay away from the deserts for now until she gets a better sense of taste for the veggies..of course she will hate the beens..my ds hates the yellow beens..does not really prefer the green beens but wil eat them and loves peas, carrots and sweet poatatoes...the 5 day thing is a very good thing...but again im wondering how much are you feeding her...how many tbs of cereal is she getting a day etc...the dr had told us to feed our ds cereal bfast and cereal lunch n supper and veggies with lunch n supper and that made our ds throw up because he was too full...he is almost 7 mos old and gets 1tbs of veggies and fruits at lunch n supper and thats filling enough for him with a 4-5 oz bottle and whatnot..

his eating shcedule is 8am...6oz bottle..1 oz into the cereal..2tbs of cereal and drinks 5 oz milk...10am..4-5 oz of milk dodos...12 1tbs veggies 1 tbs fruits 4-5 oz bottle of milk..2pm, 4-5 oz bottle of milk..4pm 1tbs veggies 1tbs fruits 4-5 oz milk...6pm 3-4 oz of water...8pm 8-10 oz milk...then bed and up at 7-8am the next day...i think you might be introducing too much at a time...like when ds began on actual baby food it was only 1/2 a tsp-1tsp depending...
Maybe she's not ready....dd didn't take anything but breastmilk until around 11m and did fine.
Is feeling a little sick?  Another guess would be she's probably not ready for it.  Wait another month or so and then introduce it to her again.  She should do better then.  Good luck.
i would talk to the dr. at her next checkup and see what he/she advises you do from this point on...