Maternal & Child Community
6 months pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

6 months pregnant

Hi all.

I'm in week 24 with my first, and in the past week or I've had menstrual-like cramps a couple times.. The ones that cramp up in the abdomen as well as lower back (exactly like my usual AF cramps).

I've had no spotting or anything.. And I don't think these are related to B-H's (when I feel my tummy it's not any tighter than any other time)...

Any ideas of what this is?  Should I be nervous about it?

Thank you,
-Heather
I didn't experience this myself, but my girlfriend had the same thing and the doctor told her it was just the ligaments in your abdomen being stretched and the back pain is the extra weight of the baby pulling on the abdomen causing straining of your back.  If however the cramping gets worse or you start spotting I would call the doctor.
Heather, I'm also 24 weeks and notice the same - it's very random and rare but I have also been told, it's ligaments and gas....  I'm sure you are just fine!
Thanks, Missy and SusanE.

Come to think of it, I have really "ballooned" in the past couple weeks.. It would make sense that things are stretching. :)

I'm loving every minute of this!
:)

-Heather