Maternal & Child Community
6 weeks, blot clots, help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

6 weeks, blot clots, help

Hi, I am about 6 wks. prego and have been at the emergency room all day. I really didn't get the answers I wanted. Yesterday was my first pregnancy appt. They did a pap and blood work. This morning when I woke up I had some brown blood. I figured it just had something to do with the pap. About an hour later I used the bathroom and had large amounts of bright red clots. Now hours later I have mild spotting and brownish urine with speckles of blood. The doc told me my hcg levels were at 1600 and I had to do more tests on Monday to know whether I miscarried or not. If you have any ideas on what is going on please help! Thanks!
I'm really sorry but it sounds like you are having a miscarriage im just hoping im wrong usually blood clots are an indication.
Many of us know what your going thru its an awful time lets just hope its a different case for you you never know Good luck.
Dont give up just yet anything is possible I would just hang tight and try to relax until you have some more blood work done. Good Luck please keep us posted
Hi, thanks for the advice. I am now bleeding like a light period (pad every 2-3 hours) and it is bright red.
Stay in bed if you can, except to eat and potty.  Drink up to a quart of extra water every day.  This won't stop a miscarriage if one is determined to happen (and please remember, this is a decision that comes from the embryo based on its ability to continue to develop, not anything you did wrong), but if you are simply having some bleeding and some contractions of the uterus, both the rest and the fluids will help calm down the uterus.  Good luck, I'll be thinking of you.
Well, I got the news from the doc today. My hcg levels dropped to 200. I already knew in my heart just didn't want to admit I had miscarried. Thanks for all the advice and God bless.
I'm so sorry I know the heartache your going thru I was 12 weeks pregnant when I had a m/c it does get better in time good luck with your future pregnancy im sure all will be good next time good luck.
I am so very sorry for your loss Brandy...I wish I could tell you something that would ease your pain, but I think only time can do that.  I hope it helps you to know that there are people here, as you know, who care about you and your well being, and have gone through what you are going through, myself included, so you are not alone.  Take care of yourself right now and rest.  Give your mind and body time to heal.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  (((HUG)))