6 weeks + days only yolk sac shows no fetus
hey im new to this and extremely worrried. I had a transvaginal ultrasound scan today and it only showed the yolk sac. im 6 weeks + 4 days. why didnt the embryo show or the heart beat??? ive got to go back in 10 days time and have another transvaginal scan done. i have one child already and have also had a miscarriage. with my first child i had a scan done at 6 weeks + 4 days and yolk sac, fetus and heart beat all showed up. so why havent they this time? should i prepare myself for the worst? please help!!
Well, don't panic yet.  How sure are you of the count?  In other words, could you be five weeks along and not 6 weeks 4 days?  Quite often in these situations, the woman goes back in two weeks and has an ultrasound, and there is the baby.

What I would do in your shoes is brace for the worst but hope for the best.  I would also call the doctor and ask if I could get two beta hCG tests 48 hours apart, starting today or tomorrow, so you don't have to wait ten long days for a clue.  If your hCG levels are rising as they should for a growing pregnancy, then you will have some mind's ease.