Maternal & Child Community
6 weeks and no heartbeat visible on u/s--SO WORRIED

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal.  My doc did u/s yesterday and found sac, but couldn't see baby or heartbeat.  She thinks it's a non-viable fetus/missed abortion.  I almost died.  They took blood for a baseline hcg and I go back tomorrow for another one to see if it's rising.  I still have the fatigue and very tender breasts.  I even feel a little queasy this am.  Has anyone else had this situation.  Is it possible that the baby is in a wierd position or developing a little more slowly than normal.  We've been trying for 18 months to get pregnant and I didn't think it would every happen.  

Some very minor spotting two weeks ago--lasted about an hour.  Seemed late for implantation since it was about 14 dpo.  I'm scared to death!
Dont throw in the towel just yet---It just could be you are not as far along as you thought--even a few days can make you not see the baby and/or the heartbeat.Its good that you still have pregnancy symptoms--continue with the hcg testing---good luck!!
I agree, Don't give up yet, if they are off on your dates by a few days or a week they wouldn't be able to see it yet. I would just wait and see how your hcg comes back. Good Luck, we'll be thinking about you and are here for you. Kendra
when was your last period? do you know the conception date?
I was in the same situation i went for a u/s at what u i thought was 6 weeks 3days and all the saw was the gestation and yolk sacs I was so upset. However i went back 1 week later and they saw the baby with a heartbeat and it measured 6weeks 3 days and i thought i had 8 weeks 3 days, so my dates were off by 2 whole weeks.  Also my hcg did not double in 48 hrs it went from 11900 to 17500 but i have since had another u/s at 8 weeks and everything was ok.  So maybe it is just to early to see everything.  Good luck and please keep us posted
hi i have recently had a missed abort i was 3 months pregg i had a u/s at 4 weeks as i had cramps in my uterus everything looked ok they couldnt exacly see bub but they saw sack ok. had another u/s at 9 weeks seen the body big change in thoes few week had a heart beat it was really exciting then had a u/s at 11 wks no heatbeat i was devestated my whole woprld fell apart. i have had a miscarrige once before but not like this it didnt come out naturally i had to have a d/c could any one tell me why
Hi, I am VERY sorry for your loss.  I understand.  My first miscarriage was a missed miscarriage as well.  The baby had just died.  I don't think anyone really knows why this happens.  with mine I guess it was a chromosomal abnormality.  I was shocked and devestated.  When they told me I had miscarried they asked if I wanted a d&c or to deliver on my own at home.  I started bleeding out two days later and htought for SURE i had passed the products of conception however I hadn't..I passed out and ended up in the ER ..i had lost too much blood and still hadn't passed baby.  Anyhow, they pulled it out and sent me home after Iv infusions and giving me methergine to help my uterus squeeze everything out.  Well, it didn't and I ended up having a d&c a few days later.  Again i dont 'know if this really answers your question but I just wanted to say I understand! HUGS!
i can't believe i found this posting. i got pregnant after only 2 months of trying, i was hoping for a spring baby and thats what i got...or so i think. i called my DR the second i found out i was pregnant. we set up an appt for the following week to confirm and then we set up my first sonagram the week after. i had my '7 week' sonagram last friday.  turns out the same thing happened to me. she saw a 5 week picture not a 7 week picture (no fetus, no heartbeat). i told her that based on my conception dates the most i could be was 5 weeks anyway. well she counseled me on miscarriages for 20 mins and even scared me into thinking i might be having an ectopic pregnancy.  i went to a radiologist a few days later to have another sonagram. this time they saw more - they saw a yolk sack which is good, but no fetal pole yet. and my prenancy level has gone up, just not as high as they would have hoped apparently. i'm supposed to go have another sonagram tomorow (my first was last friday). i cancelled and made the appt for next week instead. i can't take any more tests, waiting for results and then just hearing that they can't be sure. i figure if i wait another full week they should see something. if they don't - then we know there is defintitely a problem. does this make sense or go along with what anyone else is going through? i'm scared to death..
Thanks everyone for all your support and kind words.  I heard from my Dr. just after the post and my hcg was really high.  Too high for an earlier pregnancy.  And I was charting temps, ov, everything so I was definitely 6 weeks along.  It was a missed abortion and I had a D&C yesterday.  I feel so empty now.  I still have all my pregnancy symptoms, I guess they'll go away when my levels drop.  I feel so awful.  I guess I'm still in shock.  Anyway, thanks for the support.  And my best to those of you who are pregnant now...hopefully I'll be back with a pregnancy of my own soon.
Good luck to you!  I hope everything turns out alright for you and you have a beautiful healthy spring baby!  Baby dust and (((hugs))) to all.
I am SO sorry that you miscarried! I know what you feel like right now...beleive me...i'm so sorry for you and just wanted to say i'm thinking of you! HUGS! Keep yourchin up! (i'm RIGHT there with you!)
My heart to you!!  I was in a similar situation early this month.  We found out we were preg.(5.5 weeks) on 7/23, had minor bleeding 7/26, ER 7/26 and saw yolk sac with internal s/c. Office visit 7/29 "Everything looks okay" Tons of blood work. Low HcG's on 7/31. Heavy bleeding and cramping 8/1-8/2. ER again 8/2, no yolk sac found on internal s/c, D&C on 8/3.  You feel alone, I know, we all do.  But it is clear from this wonderful forum, that we are not.  It will be hard, take your time, don't try to get over it to fast.  It will be okay!  We are here if you need us!!!!!!!! XOXO, Tiff
Thanks to all for your kind comments.  I'm changing my name now.  Look for me as cat.997
Hi everyone--I'm new to this, but I was really touched to see other women going through what my husband and I have been experiencing.  Suspected prg. 8-27, first MD visit 9-17, u/s for dating showed gestational sac (estimated gestation 7-9 wks) but no fetal pole. MD concerned that sac is too large, and should not be empty at this stage,HcG yesterday, repeat tomorrow, and follow up u/s on Tuesday. We are so upset. Our first miscarriage was late February, with a partial molar preg. Any support would really be appreciated. Good luck to all of you--
Hi I had a serum hcg at approx. 19 dpo and it was HIGH.  2,028!!  The nurse at my doctor's office passed it off as nothing to worry about, but everything I'm reading on the internet points to molar pregnancy and I am worried sick.  you said you had a partial molar - were your levels this high?  Before you knew it was a molar pregnancy, did your doctor ever give you any other possibilities?  I'd appreciate any input you can give me.  I think I'll demand an ultrasound next week (6+ weeks)
Don't worry just yet--molars only happen in 1 out of every 1200 pregnancies.  Your HcG can be high due to other reasons, and yes--mine were quite high.  At 6 weeks I was approx 19,000, two days later I was 32,000.  Which can be normal, however,on ultrasound I had a small gestational sac, and three days later started bleeding black/dark brown (what is also called "prune juice")and 5 days later I had a follow up u/s showing a three inch mass of tissue in my uterus--growing very fast--and I was SICK--nausea, and fever were very different than what a normal preg. can expect.  If it had not been removed, there could have been very severe consequences.  You could be further along than what you realize--listen to your body, watch its signals, and hold on for that u/s.  God Bless--
What an aweful experience.  My heart goes out to you....
i am 11.5 weeks pregenat and here is my store.  i went to get my first sonogram when i was 8 weeks pregnant. the sono results showed instead of looking at a 6 week fetus with a heartbeat they were looking at a 5.5 week fetus with no heartbeat.  they told me to come back in 1 week , this was normal, etc.  i went for one sono 10 days later to another doctor and they determinded that the baby was now 6 weeks and 1 day with no hearbeat and they should be looking at a 7 week old fetus.  so i desided to go back to the first doctor who did the first sono, the next day.  as they were doing the scan, he tells me there was no growth at all !!!  (at this point i am very confused) i asked the doc. to see the sono.  as i looked at the sono. it read 6 week.  so i said to the doc.  there has been some growth and he said yes, but not what we want.  and basically he told me i was going to have a misscarriage in the next few days.  so i left there very upset and thinking i was going to have a burst of blood come out of me at any time.  i came home and would not leave my house.  2 days later the doctor called my husband and they talked and desided because i was so upset, crying everyday. to go ahead and have the dnc.  2 days later it was time for my dnc, i was sitting on my pourch and just thinking, am i making the right decision.  so a few hours later me and my husband we on our way to the doctors office to sign consent forms.  so as i was signing these forms i had ased the doctor.  1.  could this baby still grow in the next week , he replys:  YES, it could double in size, ?  my husband asked the doctor:  2.  because of the slow growth, could there be some, handicaps. he replys:  No, it could just be a small fetus ???  so i said to the doc.  look i would be 100 and 10 precent sure i was doing the right thing if the baby has not grown at all, but i am just so confused. of course they want to dnc me.  we were on our way to the hospital and i look at my husband and said. if you can tell me i am making right descion, then  i will go ahead with it, he looked at me and said, i can't. we pulled over and called the doc. i decided to give myself 2 week with no sono's/doc/etc. and make an appointment with a new doc. and see what happens. in the mean time if i pass it at home, it was ment that way.  so here i am 2 weeks later, no cramping, no spotting, no bleeding, my stomach is growning, i still have all signs of prgnancy, etc. DO THIS MAKE ANY SENSE !!!!!!  now according to the doc. 2 weeks ago, the baby was basically dead and my body should reject it in a few day, and 2 weeks have gone by, no rejection and i am still growing ?  i am very nervous about my sono. on oct.2.   DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY FEEDBACK, 2ND TIME MOM AND SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SCARED.
How did your u/s go?
I am 6weeks 4 days pregnant. I went for an ultrasound this morning. They could not find a heartbeat. The lady said my uterus measured correct for six weeks but all she could see was a yolk sac. Im scared! This is my first pregnancy. My doctor said it looked like i was fixing to have a misscarriage. Or im not as far along as i thought. But i know the exact date i started my period. I also find out i was pregnant 5 days before i was supposto start. I am going back for an u/s next monday. I have had no symptons no pain no bleeding at all????
I know how you feel. I did a postive test and two weeks later had a presumed miscarriage. However three weeks after that I was stil getting a positive test result and had a scan. It showed 2 gestational sacs of 10mm x 8mm, but no fetal pole. I'm going back in 15 days to see if there is any change. The Dr wasn't very hopefull, but couldn't confirm for definate that I was not pregnant therefore wouldn't send me for a D&C.
The scan was done at what I believe was 7 weeks, although my first baby couldn't be seen at 6 weeks and I had to go back with her.
I have had no HCG levels tested, and no-one has mentioned that at all. I just want to know one way or another as I'm going mad just waiting. It was bad enough to wait 3 weeks from the presumed miscarriage, but to have to wait another 15 days - arghhhhhhh

Karen M
Hi everyone.  I just went to the DR today 10/27 and supposely im 8 weeks pregnant.  They did a sonogram and the only thing they found was a sac.  Apparently there is no baby or atleast not yet. I'm scared to death.  This is my fisrt pregnancy and I was really excited just like many of you, but then today everything changed.  I guess that the baby didnt form correctly, or it could be that instead of being 8 weeks pregnant im really 6 or 7 weeks. One of the nurses said that 1 whole week can make a difference and i hope that that's the case.  I have to go to the DR on Wednesday so they can do the blood test, hopefully everything will come out ok.  I wish you all the best of luck and I hope that for those of you who are going through what I'm going that everything will turn out to be alright.  Good luck!
                        ~~~~Hugz~~~~
                        ~~~~Hugz~~~~
                        ~~~~Hugz~~~~
i have been for a normal u/s and have found a gestational sac measuring 9 wks (38mm) but they cant find a baby i have not had an internal scan as of yet as i have to be rescanned next week could this be a similar situation or a phantom is what the doc said or that i was to early on i am very anxious and reading this im thinking positive for a min till i go back to my normal life as i am still very unsure and worried???  

I have learned a very valuable lesson, I will never go for an u/s again before week 20 unless it's absolutely necessary!
I went for my 6 week ultrasound yesterday.
My LP was Nov 7, but, it wasn't regular at all.
The doctor saw a yolk sac but no fetal pole or heartbeat.
He said he was concerned because my sac looked underdeveloped for 6 weeks and 1 day.
He made me feel so hopeless......
I have to go back next Wednesday on my 7th week.

Feeling sad and depressed, but, I have been online since last night and that alone gives me hope.
MY FRIEND HAD A POSITIVE PREGNANCY TEST. SHE WENT TO THE DR. HE DID AN ULTRASOUND BECAUSE OF SOME PROBLEMS SHE HAD WITH HER LAST PREGNANCY. THEY SAW THE SAC AND THE FETUS BUT COULD NOT SEE THE HEARTBEAT. BABY MEASURED 6 WKS 2 DAYS. HE SCHEDULED HER FOR A D&C THAT I CONVINCED HER NOT TO HAVE YET.. SHE HAS NOT BEEN FEELING GOOD SINCE THAT DAY.ABDOMINAL CRAMPING, BACK PAIN, VERY LITTLE SPOTTING. THEN SINCE YESTERDAY, 3 DAYS AFTER U/S, NO CRAMPING, NO SPOTTING & FEELS GREAT.COULD IT BE THAT SHE REALLY DIDN'T MISCARRY & DR IS WRONG?
hi i ad a scan a week ago thinkin i was 12 wks they cudnt find the babby went back this week and was told they found a fetal pole mesaurein for a 6 week babby but no heart beat but my sac measurein for a 2 mnth dont understand this well confused they told me i am havin a misscarrige but no signs of one got 2 go back next monday 2 see if any development has anybody got any answers?
Hey there, Sorry you are all going through this horrid experience. I am most confused myself. I have had 2 healthy pregnancies, i am/was? on my 3rd baby. I went for a scan thinking i was 7+ weeks, but the U/S said i was only 6 wks and found no heartbeat. I found this unusual as both my sons were heard at 6wks.  Later that evening i started spotting brown blood. The next day, i got cramps and lots of red blood for the past 2 days now, along with labour type contractions every 3-4 mins for 24hrs. I still haven't passed any clots, and as of yesterday, even after bleeding, another U/S showed the sac and small embryo still intact.  I had no bleeding or cramping at all in previous pregnancies, so i don't know what to think. Also the doc did blood tests yest, during the heavy bleeding and they came back ok. I suspect i am miscarrying due to red blood and cramps.  However, the docs don't seem put off yet.  What to do!!!??? Anyone else got any advice?  Thanks and best wishes to you all.
hello. I tested positive last august 15, lmp July 13. I went for u/s at 7w3d and was told my fetus was sized at 6w, with pole but no heartbeat. The doctor told me to return in 2 weeks as I may have ovulated late. At 9w1d I returned. There was a heartbeat at 96bpm but no growth. The doctor said there was some chance and return in 2 weeks. At 9w6d, I had some spotting but my cervix remained closed. I went in for u/s an was told the heartbeat had stopped and there was no growth. 3 days later I had a d&c as my body did not expel the baby.

Ivtoo have gone through a rollercoaster ride of hope, sorrow and acceptanc. I was told a chromosomal abnormality incompatible with life caused the silent miscarrage (miscarriage).

I pray all your pregnancies go well. This is my second pregnancy. I have a healthy toddler and hope to have another healthy baby soon.

All the best to you all.

Mommy of J and angel-baby
Hi everyone this is my 3rd pregnancy and i cant believe how much this is so different to my other 2!! Docs said i was 8 weeks when i had my scan cos i had spotting and cramping and aching. When for scan and they said baby was showing 6 weeks with fetal pole and no heart beat! Got another scan next week and hopefully we will see everything is ok!
I started spotting which was brown then it became pinkish red now red but its only when i wipe which is regular and i need to toilet alot lol. This has been goin on for week tomoz and im so worried everything isn goin well! Has anyone else had this? I hate all the waiting! im so impatient! Thanks and best wishes to all xxxclaire
Update as nobody seems to update!

I had msicarriage in the end and it been the worst time ever!
my 1st pregnancy i had bleeding but no cramping at 9 weeks. dr thought i miscarried. dr sent me for a u/s, the heartbeat was there. i went on for the full pregnancy w/ no morning sickness or cravings or any feeling of pregnancy. i delivered a 7.2 oz healthy baby girl.

now i am having my 2nd pregnancy. at 7 weeks the u/s showed i was 5.6 weeks w/no heartbeat. i was told to come back in 2 weeks for follow-up u/s. the follow-up u/s after the 2 weeks had passed showed i was 6 weeks and no heartrate. i was told this was a not viable pregnancy by radiologist. OBGYN Dr said to wait another week and do an u/s again. after 3 days passed, i cramped & spotted brown discharge. i have an appt to see OBGYNdr tomorrow. i pray this pregnancy has not ended!!! (the secretary of the OBGYN said we may schedule you for a D&C!)
I followed up with my Dr today bc of the cramping & bleeding as i last posted... Dr said it is not abnormal. To continue with my decision for a final ultrasound after 1 week since the last ultrasound. Dr said that my dates may be off due to my irregular periods ( i do not have my period every 28 days. instead i get it every 30 -35 days). Dr said many radiologist are wrong when they tell women their pregnancy is not viable and to wait and see if a heartbeat will be picked up after my 7th week of pregnancy. By 7 & 1/2 weeks a heart rate should be seen and if not, then it is not a viable pregnancy.
Tomorrow i have my final u/s to confirm that this a viable or nonviable pregancy as I've written in my previous posts. I will be a bit over 7 weeks pregnant tomorrow! Wish me luck for a heartbeat to be seen on the u/s!!!
overnight, i started getting back pain. my bleeding turned from brown discharge to red blood. i am concerned. wishing for the best at my ultrasound today - but the news wasnt good. No heartbeat again, and the baby was measured at 6 weeks (again), there was no growth. now i am contemplating a natural miscarriage to happen or a D& C! I dont want to go thru either but must pick one. :(
i had gone in for an u/s on Oct. 16th and the tech said the i was going to have a miscarriage bc i was supposed to be 7-8 wks in gestation but was only showing at 5 wks 6 days. I know that i am not as far along as they are saying and i went to go get my beta count down and it read at 65,00 which is consistent with being about 5-6 wks pregnant. I went back for another u/s today and again was told that the pregnancy was not viable. No heartbeat was seen however the baby measured at 6 wks 1 day. If the pregnancy wasn't viable why did it grow even just a little. It seems that i am digging for answers to make the situation better. Am i just being desperate to think that my little baby is still alive? I have had no syptoms (symptoms) of a miscarriage, and I am scheduled for another u/s on Nov 5th, but i just don't know if i can bare what i think they are going to tell me. I don't want to lose hope, but my faith is definetely getting tried through all of this. This has been an emotional roller coaster for both my husband and myself. Any similar stories would help.

the decision came easy. i started bleeding heavily everywhere - thru my maxipads, down my legs, thru pants, drippping onto carpet, trailing on floor, all over the toilet...and chucks of liver looking pieces were coming out of me. i was very sore. cramping and bleeding this way all night. thru my bed sheets, laying on my carpet and bleeding. i went in to the tub to be laying in a tub ful of blood and chunks of uterine lining. my husband called the Dr in the morning and she had me come in right away. She said that this could continue for another full week (miscarrying) and asked if I wanted it to end with a D & C. I said yes to the D & C ! No pain before,, during or after the D &C- i am so happy with my decision. Now I can start to have another baby soon!!!!
i was in the same position as you. they said that i was 8 weeks and couldn't see the baby. also hcg wasn't doubling how is suppose to be. have them wait for another 2 weeks it might help. They were able to see my baby by six weeks which they tough it was 9 weeks, Drs. usually are busy and sometimes don't care. You have to be the one that request worse case scenario you can pull the baby by 12 weeks. stay positive
can someone please help..!!

According to my LMP i should have been 10 weeks pregnant last week.  I went for an u/s and the sono said i was 6 weeks and she could see the sac and yolk, but no fetus or heart beat.  I was told to go back 1 week later.  This has been the longest week of my life..  Could my dates be so far out..?? can someone please help.. Also, i still have sore breasts and have had no bleeding at all.  I'm really scared, i'm 39 and had a missed m/s in July this year.  I'm going out of my head, can someone help.. or give me some advise..?  I have read about dates being a few weeks out, but a whole month..?  doesnt sound very positive..!!! I'm so sad... ;o(
When i was 5 weeks all they can see was an empty sack and no embryo.... i was told to come back at 6 weeks to see if anything has changed and at six weeks the doctor did see the embryo but no heartbeat..... at this point i am frustrated with the bad news i kept getting. The doctor told me that i most likely will miscarry but to make sure he wanted me to go to the hospital to get a better sonogram because " suposedly they have better machines." anyways, i was told once again that they weren't able to get a heartbeat.........my doctor was called and gave me the option of getting a DNC or letting it miscarry on its own. i decided to let it happen on its own if it was gods will. when i arrived home all i did was cry. i then changed my doctor and told him what i was told by the other doctor and he stated " i don't know why he would tell u that, because at 5 to 6 weeks i don't expect to see anything but a sack." he also told me that most heartbeats are heard at 8 to 9 weeks. at 7 weeks he was able to get a heartbeat, thank god and now i am 9 weeks pregnant and extremely happy. to anyone and everyone out there who is going through the same thing, i just want to let u know that there is still hope and chances are its just to early in your pregnancy to get a heartbeat. goodluck and godbless u and your little one.
last period was 12th mar, but im sure i fell pregnant couple of days before my periods were due 12th april.went to drs 26th april dr asked me r u sure u r pregnant cause she couldnt see anything. i told her yes she said come back in 10 days. went back in 9 days couldnt wait an extra day. said yes u r preg. i had to ask her how far along i was other wise she wouldnt have told me she said i was 4 weeks and 5 days but she looked like she was just guessing.she said come back in a month i went back last monday 24th.she said there was no heartbeat and i would m/c that hasnt happened yet she sent me for a u/s where they had a better machine and the lady there said same thing no heart beat. she said if i hadnt m/c by sunday go back and shed give me a tablet to m/c

what i dont understand is how she went from saying r u sure ur preg to 9 days later saying ur 4 wks and 5 days.when i go back on sunday im going to get another ultra sound before i take any tablets.
then im thinking maybe something in the water or air here.my sister in law was told the same thing no heart beat 2 days ago shes 6wks + couple days. and theres been a few ladies in the same street its happened to the last 2 months how common is it
thanks
According to my LMP I should be 9 weeks.

2 weeks ago I went in for my first U/S and they told me I was 5 weeks with gest / yolk sac but no fetal pole. They told me I would miscarry.

I went back for another scan 2 weeks later and now they can see an embryo but no heartbeat and they measured it at 6 weeks. Because there was growth, they cannot confirm if it will be a miscarry but it looks like it will.

I am told to come back next Friday for another scan. I am too scared to go back and have been crying for 2 days straight. I have no bleeding, no cramping and I have no pregnancy symptoms. I have not had any pregnancy symptoms since day 1. I cannot take another scan with them shaking their heads no and telling me I will miscarry. They would not show me the screen. This is absolute torture. Can it be that a baby can grow slow in 2 weeks?

I was not sure how far along I was. I figured approx. 8 weeks tomorrow. They did a transvaginal ultrasound and I distinctly saw a baby in a sac but no heartbeat. Even though the baby measured 6 weeks 2 days there was nothing. Upon closer investigation we arrived at the conclusion that I was probably somewhere in the 7 week range, 5 weeks gestation... the doctor was fairly certain that I had miscarried. I am a Mom 4X and I knew of quants, etc. to further investigate their theory. I am currently awaiting my results. The numbers should confirm with the doctor suspects. But does anyone know if it is possible not to see a heart beat at 5 weeks gestation, but a sac with contents inside that appear to look like a formed baby? I don't know whether to keep my chin up or to just accept this loss. I am in huge denial. I've been through this once before and it was miserable. I am almost 39 and it's so disappointing. Please advise. I need to know whether or not I should give up all hope.
Hi. I thought I was 9 wks 4 days pregnant and went for my scan today which said I was 6 weeks 3.6mm, but they couldn't find a heart beat. Two days previously I had been spotting and I had a scan and they found a heart beat and told me the baby was 6.6mm.  I am now very confused.

I am awaiting my bloods this afternoon and then I'll go for another on Thursday to check if my levels have grown or fallen. But I am confused between two different results in two days.

I have decided that whatever happens I am waiting for nature to take it's course as I do not trust the doctors or scans at the moment.  
I miscarried naturally last night, passing the baby was the most horrible thing I have ever been through so far.
I am at what i thought was 5 weeks pregnant and i started having some weird cramping.  I have had 2 previous children and dont remember this type of cramping.  i got really worried and decided to go to the hospital.  I lied to them about minor bleeding b/c i wanted them to do someting instead of just sending me home.  I had an u/s the next day (yesturday) and they couldnt see the heartbeat, i fear the worst, since I had an internal u/s with my daughter and could see her heartbeat by now.  The doctor said that my hcg levels were on the low side as well, so i go back monday to see if they have gone up or not.  He also said, if he could put bets on it, he would bet that it would turn out bad (but that is keeping in mind he thought i was bleeding)...i dont know, its sooooooo hard to stay positive through such a tough situation.  I ean, logically i know that if i miscarry, it was b/c something was wrong with the baby and it is better it happen now than at like 4 or 5 months.  And i know i can get pregnant again but it took us 9 months to get pregnant this time...we already told our other kids and they are soo excited, so i dont know how i will tell them.  I am worried and upset but trying to be strong anyways since nothing is definite....why do we always have to fear thje worst? I think its cause if you prepare yourself for the worst, it wont be soooo bad when it happens.
hi guys i just came to know i was pregnant and was on top of this world as this is our first baby i am 6 weeks along i went for a sonogram today the yoc sac can be seen but there is no hearbeats. im very sad and feel very dejected. I've been told to come next week. Lets hope for the best i've left everything to god!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do u guys suggest
The same thing is going on with me. According to my LMP I should be 8wks but at my ultrasound Thursday the baby measured 6wks with no heartbeat. I go today to get blood work done and Friday for another ultrasound. I am so scared but trying to stay positive and its very hard.
just a note to anyone reading in the future... MANY have commented how they didn't see a heartbeat at 6 weeks. I am currently seeing a specialist and he did an u/s last week that showed 6 weeks.

For my u/s today, the heartbeat showed up, but couldn't be heart. It also showed that instead of being the 7 week mark, I was only 6 weeks, 3 days.

I am a little worried since I've miscarried twice, but know that I can only wait and trust the Lord. They said the u/s can be off by a few days.

My main point - please don't have a d/c just because they 'think' you have miscarried. Sometimes things are missed and you could actually still have a baby that will survive!

Besides, this procedure has some pretty serious side effects and needs to be used with caution - and only when medically necessary. I was so thankful w/ my first miscarriage that I avoided it.

I miscarried at home, and had a moment to see my baby. The d/c just felt like I would be aborting a baby. I had to KNOW that it was going to happen, and couldn't chance taking a life that could still make it.

Oh, I also meant to add that last week (6 weeks), he was happy just to see the gestational sac and said the yolk sac was a bonus. He expected to only see a heartbeat this week, and said we probably wouldn't hear it until 8 weeks - all with the internal u/s.

I'm hopeful the u/s was just off, but the big difference in 6 weeks and 6 weeks 3 days over a 7 day span does concern me. The heartrate was 119 - and everything else looks good they said.
I went to my specialist on Friday for u/s.  yoke sac measured 12mm and uterus looked like a good environment for a growing fetus the doctor said.  But because he could not detect a heartbeat yet made him very nervous which of course made me nervous too.  He said to come back next Thursday to do another u/s.  if we still can't see the baby but the sac is growing he still has some hope for me.  Otherwise, if sac didn't grow I should expect to miscarry.  This isn't my 1st miscarriage.  My last 1 was in April at 18 wks.  So I suppose if I miscarry this early it beats what I went through last time having to go through labor and delivery.  It still doesn't change the sad feeling I get to hear this news.  I feel like I'm waiting for a missed period while I'm still pregnant.  Seems so weird to feel this way when you know you are pregnant.  I hope for the best in everyone's outcome.  I'm so worried though about the news on Thursday.  
I had a scan and they said they couldn't find a heart beat I was sent home and have another scan this Friday I have already suffered two still borns at twenty seven weeks and I am petrified my first scan was on the 11 nov they said I was approximate four weeks can u please advise
dont give up, i am  weeks also had a scan but no heart beat, baby's can grow all dif ways, its hard but try stay positie, x
I went in for my first U/s. I have had three and no fetus. According to my last period I should be six weeks, but my doctors says I might be too early. I am having cramping, no bleeding and feel really dizzy. I felt so light headed I went to te eR yesterday, but again they could not find nothing. I still feel dizzy and cramping, as anyone gone through this?
hi just like to tell you all, my daughter thought she was 9 weeks, went for scan as spotting slightly, sent for scan, they saw no heartbeat or baby, she was told she would miscarry, was so awful, cryed all week, went back week later, found heartbeat and baby, told she was only 6 weeks, I think its awful for you girls, they should never tell you that unless they are sure, never give up hope, in my day they had no scans and I think we were better off, these early scans can be wrong, she ment to go for another next week but refused, going wait now for 12 week scan, let natare take its course, wish you all well, listen to your body not them scan results xx
4 years ago i was told i had a miscarriage  it was early in the pregnancy so a dnc wasnt nessicary well 3 months later i still didnt have aregular period. come to find out i was still pregnant! these dr dont always know what they are saying, i feel alot of times it is just educated guessin have faith and what is meant to be will be! best of luck
So,I just found this site and decided to post for the first time.
I went for a t u/s on Thurs everything was ok 6.3 wks.Had to walk and take the bus etc a lot on Sunday.Came home peed very light pink spotting.Figured it was just overexertion.Woke up yesterday same thing but got darker and a bit heavier over 2 hrs.Decided to go to the ER.They did my blood work.
6.5 weeks
beta 18,361
gest sac 1.9 cm
fetal pole up to 8mm
no hb or cardiac activity.

I have a healthy 3 yr old.
lost my second 2 yrs ago at 6 mos due to an incompetent cervix.
Didn't know I was pregnant until last thursday at the ultrasound following a pos test earlier that day.
Dr. said all the words we hate...fetal demise,threatened miscarriage etc.
I cried but tried to remain positive.Dr's can be wrong.
I have to go for a follow up with a different ob/gyn different Dr. which I like second opinion.
They gave me the option of going tomorrow or going on Friday to check my levels and possibly do another u/s.
I made it for Friday thinking it would be better with a couple extra days,but now I'm thinking I can't wait and might call back to schedule for tomorrow.
I hate the wait and even if it was tomorrow it would still be 48 hrs so they will be able to see if my count doubled.
Anyone been through this before or any advise?
I feel it's always comforting and better advise from others in the same boat than the harsh doctors.
Decided to make it for tomorrow am.Just went to the bathroom and had 2 very very small clots.
I'm worried.I am going to take a short slow walk it is suppose to help with the blood flow in your body and going to the baby.Walking is the only thing that does no harm during this delicate time.If I just sit in bed and do nothing my flow will slow and thats not good also I know fresh air is a really helpful thing as well.
Just got back no more/less bleeding and no cramping was actually refreshing.
So fingers crossed for tomorrow  !!!!
whoops didn't realize I should leave the To: blank.
Found this and was so happy I did.

http://healthland.time.com/2011/10/14/ultrasound-guidelines-may-diagnose-miscarriage-when-a-women-is-still-pregnant/

Stay strong  :)
well I miscarried after all going through it now.Just passed the baby around 6:30 this morning.  :'(