6 weeks no heart beat
Hi all i am new to this site... this is my third pregnancy, i had a misscarriage at 5 1/2 months back in 1998 then i had a full term pregnancy in 2000 my daughter is now 11 yrs old :) I just found out about 2weeks ago that i am pregnant again....I went in for my first doc appointment yesterday and she did a portable ultrasound to see how far along i am considering my mp cycles are and have been messed up for last year... it measured me at 6 weeks and 3 days but could not see heart beat... She said no cause for alarm...then she set up a regular ultrasound with the high tech equipment and i did that today.... still same result 6 weeks 4 days but no heart beat could be seen....i was starting to worry but after reading alot of posts on here i found that this is very common and can be to early to see it and that the baby develops fast so in a week or two thinks can change... i am waiting for doc to call me today to set up another ultrasound in like a week or two... hope to see heart beat then :) keeping my hopes high and wishing all of u luck.
Hi!
Normally a gestational sac with a yolk sac appears at about 5 weeks (calculated from your last missed period date) of pregnancy and can be well visualized by 6 weeks on a transvaginal (through a vagina) ultrasound. Fetal heart beat usually appears by 8-9 weeks. This is why it is best to repeat the scan a week or two later. And yes, it happens at times. So don't worry too much now. Get blood HCG levels done 48 hours apart. If they are doubling, chances of pregnancy carrying forward are bright. Take care!