Maternal & Child Community
6 weeks pregnant, bleeding, and pain (UPDATE)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I have posted a question about my pregnancy because I woke up bleeding. My doctor sent me to a specialist. I do not have an ectopic pregnancy. Also, I was able to see my baby and hear the heartbeat. However, they still do not know what is going on with the bleeding. The consistancy and color of it keeps changing. At first it was like a light period, then brownish, and now back to like a lighter period only a little heavier.
Has anyone else been through this and can you help me? I am so afraid I'm having a miscarriage and may be losing my baby...
girl im going thru the exact same thing only my levels are so low they cant do any type of sonogram to see whats going on, my bleeding is crazy i went to the er and the doctor looked at me like i was nuts the way i was describing my bleeding, think positive, thats the best advice i have been giving, my nurse told me today, if its a miscarrage (miscarriage) maybe its god way of letting you know that you werent as ready as you thought, even if you thought you were, it wasnt meant to be and its best this way, i think ive mentally prepared myself for either, im still worried as all hell but if its meant to be, theres nothing anyone can do, ill keep you in my prayers tho
YES!!!! I think I posted to you already in your first question. That's great news that you saw your baby and heard/saw a heartbeat!

With my second baby (3rd pregnancy) at 11 weeks, I had a huge bleed (no pain) whilst driving. I got home and it poured out as I ran to the door and the bathroom. I had an u/s later that day and was so certain that I had lost the baby or was losing it and was surprised to see the heartbeat and discover that the bleeding was not affecting the baby or the placenta at all. In fact it was a blood clot coming away (still don't know how or why it was there and they didn't know either). I was told that the bleeding should settle down (which it did in a couple of days) and the pregnancy go on as normal. I had my next u/s about 7 weeks later and the clot had disappeared. This could be what has happened to you...just a blood clot - unexplainable perhaps but not affecting the baby or the pregnancy!!!

Keep us posted ok?
oh also like theve told me on here before as well as my doctor:  sometimes bleeding is absolutely normal, my mom actaully had what seemed like a light normal period for the first 3 months she was pregnant with me, as well as many of my friends ive talked to, dont let it stress you out that cant be too good, have faith in the good man upstairs!!!
Thank you! I am suppose to report back to my doctor tomorrow for her to examine me again. Maybe I will ask her to check my HCG level. Do you think i should?
I am so glad you got to see your baby. I hope there is nothing seriously wrong and that the bleeding will go away. Sticky baby dust to you.
i had 2 major bleeds early on in my pregnancy and everything turned out just fine.  my daughter is 2 years old and healthy as can be.  good luck!!
I hope they have told you to stay off your feet and drink a lot of water.  You don't want to aggravate the cramping.  Good luck!!!!!
WONDERFUL NEWS!  I am so happy to hear your wonderful news.  Just for the fact that you got to see/hear the heartbeat means that everything is going the way it should for you.  If your HCG levels were dropping I do not believe you would have ever had a heartbeat.

Bleeding is very scarey but as long as you are not ectopic you are not in any immediate danger for your own health.  Just try to relax.  I am 14 weeks and have bleed on and off the entire time with cramping.  It happens so often that I even stopped crying I just wait for the doctor now.  Everytime I have to go have it examined and the doctor just said that they just don't know why some people bleed or where it comes from - as long as your cervex is closed and your uterus is growing you are fine.  They will probably keep you coming back every two weeks for a while and get ready to have a few more of those internal ultrasounds.  :)  Good Luck and Congrats :)
I would say that your doctor gave you some good news! There is only a 5% chance of having a miscarriage after a heartbeat is detected. So take a big deep sigh of reliefe. Good Luck!
When I M/C I had bright red blood.  Sounds like yours is totally different.  Brown means it is old blood.  It could just be implantation bleeding which is normal.  I didn't see how far you was.  Maybe I just missed it.  I had a cousin that bled off and on her first trimester.  Had two healthy boys, no problems.

Blessings.
Ok so I'm freaking out. When I went to the bathroom a little while ago when I went to wipe there was bright red on the TP. According to the pregnancy calculator online tomorrow I'll be 5 3/7 weeks along. I know I've read a bunch of things on this post that it could be implantaion bleeding but when I read about that other places I thought that happend within the first week or two of getting pregnant. I have no cramping or any other symptoms. To be honest I haven't even really felt pregnant yet just my chest is sore when I take off my bra...did anyone else have anything like this???
I am (was) about as far as you are, so I thought I would share my experience in hopes that it will help you, or anyone else for that matter, to figure out what's going on.  First of all, from all I have read (ALOT!) it seems like the farther you are the worse it is, and I mean like, sometimes the difference between what you might experience at 6 wks, and 7, or 8, can be huge.  I started spotting last wed., and I was nervous, so I called the doc.  The spotting was light pink, and only when I wiped.  Pretty normal from what I have seen.  So, the doc. gave me a pap smear, and the next morning I got up, and had a lot of dark red blood, with a big glob.  I continued to bleed off and on, sometimes heavier, sometimes lighter, up to and including today.  However, yesterday, the blood started looking bright red.  A bad sign.  At first I was hopeful the bleeding was from the pap, which happens and can be very heavy, but the fact that it has remained heavy, and turned bright red has convinced me that I have miscarried.  I had some cramping, but not bad.  No worse than the cramps I get at the time of my period.  I got a bad headache, and the day before I went to the doc., I, in the evening, all of a sudden got really tired, and a little headachy. My sister recently miscarried at about 6 wks also, and had similar, though slightly different, symptoms. She just started bleeding out of the blue.  No cramps at all ever, bright red blood, just like a really heavy period, and she was bleeding non stop for two days.  On a bright note, she got pregnant the next month and is in her sixth month now, had an amnio., and all is well.  By many accounts, it seems to be easier to get prego., within a month or two of a miscarriage.  The only other thing I have to say is this to all pregnant women out there:  If you can avoid it, and especially if you are seeing your Dr. because you are spotting and nervous, DO NOT LET HIM OR HER GIVE YOU A PAP SMEAR!!  An ultra sound, okay, but a pap can make you bleed alot, and for me, it was an emotional rollycoaster HELL.  I was sure I was bleeding from the pap, then I was just as sure I was having a miscarriage, then the pap, then a miscarriage, and back and forth.  Had I not been given a pap, I would have known for sure that the bleeding which began the next morning, was most probably a miscarriage.  Instead I spent the entire weekend, and half the week, a complete and total useless mess.  Docs. out there.  Do not do this to your patients unless you HAVE TO.  Also, I am not at all convinced, though "professionals" will say otherwise, that a pap smear cannot somehow, in some instances, cause, or trigger, some sensitive people to miscarry.  If it's not necessary, why take the chance?  Sorry this is so long, but I hope it can help someone.

MORE:  I forgot to mention something I was looking for info. on, and found nothing about, so because if I was experiencing it, and wondering about it, then I am sure so are many others, I wanted to add this little bit.  From the time I found out I was pregnant, in fact the day before, I had been feeling these little fluttery feelings in my tummy.  Sort of like gas, and sort of like when you get just far enough in pregnancy that you feel the first little fluttering of movement.  As the days progressed they became more and more noticeable until last night when they were really really big, for lack of a better word.  They never hurt, but it felt like my abdominal muscles(probably my uterus) were spasming like crazy.  You would think it would hurt, but it didn't.
Hello.
I am new to this site and this is my first time posting a question.  I was reading your post heyro and it seems as though we have the same symptoms: the bleeding and the pap spear and then the gas like sensation in the belly.  I am experiening everything that you have went through and I was just wondering if you did miscarry.  
I starting spotting a brownish color, but only on the tp on monday.  The bleeding starting to get a little heavier over the days and a lot of light cramping.  I went to my doctor yesterday and we saw the baby, but the heart rate was only 110 - which he said he was concerned about.  He did a pap and said that their was a lot of blood and it was pooling in my cervic.  The cramping got worse throughout the day and last night I starting having contraction-like cramping and period-like bleeding with a lot of small blood clots.  After about 2 hours the cramping had subsided enough for me to sleep and when I woke up this morning I was still bleeding but lighter and hardly any cramping.  I am worried that I lost the baby last night, but my doctor says that everything could still be ok.  It is Thanksgiving and I won't see my doctor for another ultrasound until Monday.  Anyway, our stories sound the similar and I was just curious if you had any advice.  

Thank you for listening,
Adamsmommy

By the way, I am 7 weeks and 2 days
I am currently 6 weeks pregnant and 3 days ago has some pink discharge, which got darker but i have heard this is common. Today, it's more like blood now, not pouring out just there when i go to the bathroom. Tonight i have some cramping, like the start of a period and i expect the worse, has anyone had cramping and bleedin but gone on to have normal pregnancy??  Have already had a ultrasound which showed healthy gestational sac and could just see the embryo slightly (as a tiny dot) no guarantee from midwife as yet as its kinda small she couldnt get a good view but womb looked fine with no blood clots.

This is my second pregnancy first one i had a miscarriage 5 months ago. With that pregnancy I woke up during the night and the blood was pouring out, had a scan the next day and it looked healthy and had a heartbeat and my HCG levels were normal, however i had a blood clot near to the sac. Got 2nd scan 2 days later and there was no heartbeat. Bleeding lasted 5 days and eventually suffered the most intense cramping pains in my life and it was over by the 6th day after bleeding started.  Not nice experience and i was traumatised.

For anyone who is experiencing bleedin or first miscarriage be assured that getting pregnant is easy again (it was very easy for me and i wasn't even trying).  I just hope this pregnancy progresses. Good luck to everyone.. xx
I am 6 weeks pregnant and at 5 wks 2 days I had mild cramps and started to bleed but the bleeding faded out over 2 days. I went to my dr and he did an ultrasound and it looked ok. The dr also took blood and more 3 days later and my hcg levels were multipling like they should. Yesterday I started get cramps again and bleeding heavier than before. This time my cramps were really bad and I hardly could stand. I went to the dr and they did an ultrasound and saw the baby and its heartbeat. I'm so confused because the baby is growing but my body keeps having all these crazy symptoms. Now I'm on bed rest and nervous about everything. Has anyone heard of something like this? What was the outcome?
I am 6 weeks pregnant and about 3 days ago i statred to see bright red blood when i wiped. I called my doctor immediately, they gave me an ultrasound, and we saw the baby and its heartbeat. So this naturally reassured me and my husband,. The next day i continued to spot but nothing i was too concerned about. Until later that evening I wiped and discovered a huge blood clot, or tissue (God forbid) we went to urgent care, and the doctor pretty much said it is a waiting game. So the bleeding once again slowed down, until last night I found another clot the same size and then again this morning. No cramping at all. And I am not bleeding through pads or anything, only noticed when I wipe, with the occasional rush of blood. My first prenatal appintment is today, and I am waiting to get the results for my HCG levels. I am trying to stay positive, but I am sooo confused and don't know if I should be preparing myself fo the worst, or keeping faith that our baby is ok...
I spotted for a while at 8 weeks then it turned to bleeding when I wiped and this continued for about four days. I had an internal ultrasound at my maternity unit at 9 weeks and my baby was fine. Even though the bleeding continued for another week I went on to have a healthy baby girl who is now 16 months old.
I was about 98% sure i was pregnant I had sex on july 21 my period usually comes on the 12th (Aug) I bled for one day very light on the 5th of August... and well I have all the symptoms... non stop breast tenderness blue veins on my chest darkening areola nipple recently whipe crust in my cracks of nipple sometimes... I have had weird cramps not as intense as period cramp though for the past 3 weeks and twinges in my lower pelvic area... and I also have had sinus issue and my hair has been darkening on my belly and I swear in the pubic region I can feel a tiny rise when I run my hand across...I also have gas and some occasions of nauses and when i eat I spit up in my mouth or toilet... I took a 2 test one was neg the other was neg but it took a while and the line came out weird... and Idk I read at 6 weeks it can take a while to come positive depending on HCG levels... But I just tuned "7 weeks and 2 days"  if I am prego and I am bleeding red blood... like only when I pee and when I sleep at night.. its nothing compared to my periods I usually get... Only bright red and pink and hardly heavy... I know I have to go to a doctor to see whats up its just so hard for me to actually get around to it... Im only 19 and when I had the previous "conception" we used withdrawl (withdrawal)... idk my moods been crazy... but I dont have like period symptoms with this bleeding only mild mild cramping..... I also had some ocasions of diarrhea and I read that happens with pregnancy... IDK? lol anyone?
I'm about 6 weeks pregnant and I'm so scared. I woke up Monday morning and went to the bathroom and I was bleeding like I started my period. I called my Dr. She told me to go into the ER. I got there they did all kinds of blood work. The blood work came back good. They checked mt cervix and they said that looked good. They then decided to do an ultra sound. The Dr. called me this morning and said that the yolk sac that is around the baby is suppose to be circle and the sac that is around my baby is not a circle. I have to go back in a week and do another ultra sound. I go to get more blood work done on Wednesday to see if the hormone level is rising. Wish me the best
I am about 8 weeks pregnant and last week I have noticed some spotting and light blood on the TP after I wiped (all after i had an internal sonogram).  I called my doc in a frenzy and had a sonogram again two days later and he saw the baby's heartbeat and said everything looked ok and that the bleeding should stop on its own.  Here I am 4 days later and I am still bleeding off and on but noticed some cramping this morning and have light bleeding since last night.  I'm a nervous wreck and not sure what is going on.  I am not supposed to see my doc for another 3 weeks and I am not sure if I am being irritated by the sonogram that he just did or if I am having a miscarriage.  This is my first pregnancy and I was fine up until i went for a sonogram.  Not to sure if i should just wait it out and go for another one (which can be the cause of my bleeding in the first place) any advice?
I went to the doc yesterday cause i was bleeding!  she said it was a uti and that was it well i got up about 3 in the morning to go the bathroom and when i wiped there was blood but it was red and brown mixed i dont know what it could be if anyone knows please e mail me i am only 7 weeks and this is our first let me know something i am scared i will lose it! ***@****
I had heavy bleeding in my first trimester w/my first child.  The ER dr. performed both a vaginal and a stomach ultrasound and our son was just fine.  My OB/GYN attributed it to a low-lying placenta and she put me on bedrest for 2 weeks.  Everything was fine after that.  I would ask your dr. if she thinks the placenta could be the cause.
I had a large amount of bleeding in this (my second pregnancy) around 10 wks.  I was also told I was miscarrying because of the amount of bleeding, but after seeing the perinatologist that delivered my daughter we saw on the ultrasound it was actually a bleed below the placenta due to pelvic incarceration and baby is fine.  I am now 14 wks and still spotting brown as the clot liquifys.  Bleeding can be so scary during pregnancy, but its not always a miscarriage.  The best thing to do is keep up hope and try to avoid thinking the worst (like thats so easy!).  Each pregnancy is different and the norm isn't always the norm for everyone.  Good luck and may God bring peace to all that are bleeding and fearing miscarriage.
ive had bleeding for about 2 days it was bright red until i had a clot about 1cm after that its been dark brown but still having cramps i dnt no wat to beleive has anyone had a situation like this im only 6 n half weeks and im 17 i need to nw im starting to get worried now i have an appointment tomorrow for another scan just need some advice
HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!
Ive been for my early scan yesterday and was relieved to see sac and heartbeat .After spotting from wednesday with a proper period and clots,this is my second pregnancy with a gap of 11 years I had no bleeding with her since 5 last night Ive been heavy bleeding losing what a  and e believe to be the sac I have to wait till Tuesday for the scan praying they are wrong has anyone else experienced this please help feeling so desperate
This is my first time pregnant, it came as a shock i thought i could never have children and i have cysts on my ovaries. I found out Friday i was 6 weeks and 1 day by a specialist. I got to see my baby and hear it's heartbeat for the first time that day it was 114....well ever since i left the hospital things have seemed down hill for me since then...I have spent the entire weekend in bed becuase i started bleeding moderately, now verry heavily. I have period cramps and the blood went from spotty brown to a full blown red period...Im scared to death right now, my doctor was out of town the whole weekend even though i did reach by viocemail to let him know what was going on. I was sooo scared to find out i was pregnant, but now i am so scared to loose it....I know its common for some woman to bleed during the first trimester, but is it normal to cramp along with the heavy bleeding?? My blood results come back monday (in the morning) but i am so worried i am having a miscarraige (miscarriage).!!! If anybody has any idea on this topic and would recomend anything i would greatly appreciate, i am going a-wall, i cant sleep from the cramping either.  Is it in my favor since i heard the heartbeat that this is most likely NOT a miscarriage??  or is that just a myth??? please help me!
krystal-
I am 6 weeks tomorow and i just started spotting today. i wolk up to use the bathroom and take a shower and there was bright red blood.. not a huge amount.. but it was not just a drop it almost went through.. anyways i put a panty liner on and it's been 1 hour and heavy spotting. i have a 3 year old and i'm worried because i always pick her up and i work out at the gym.. i dont know if i should be freaking out or not? i've had one healthy baby and 2 miscarriages.. of course i didnt know that i was pregnant either time. until i misscarried that is. it hasen't been forever since i've had a healthy pregnancy. But it has been a long time..Any advice for me???
I would def. not work out if you are bleeding.  Maybe find a pregnancy workout to do if you still want to excersize.  I hope everything is fine!
i have just read your post, i myself am now 7 weeks and 3 days pregnant, i was bleeding brown from the strat then went a bit red then back to brown again, i had tests for ectopic as i had one 5 years ago it was ruled out. had early scan to show the embryo at 4 weeks, was scanned again at 5 weeks and the yolk was seen, was scanned again at 6 weeks to only find there was two sacs one heartbest and one empty sac i am going back at 8 weeks for a scan to see what has happened to that other sac but also i am still bleeding in exactly the same way but no pain, dont let it scare you i know its worrying but its not always bad news i had periods for 3 mths solid when i was pregnant with my first child, i know you cant help but worry and i still do now wondering what i will see happen next every time i go back to be rescanned just try to stay calm for yourself and for your babys sake
This is my first pregnancy..i am 5w4d and i have been having cramps for about two weeks now i when to the obgyn who did and examination and she also did a paps smear..she had me do a me pelivc ultra sound because she wanted to make sure that it was not an ectopic pregnancy..the results were good in a sense because there were no sign of the baby in my tubes but the examiner was not able to see the gestational sac in my womb either..he say that it was normal for nothing to be seen at my stage of pregnancy and that i should repeat the ultra sound with in a month..there i was thinking all is well..a day after going to the doctor i started spotting brown when i pee and wipe i panic..i call a friend of mine who is a gyno and he stated that it may be because of the paps smears so i was not so worried any more..later that evening i had bright red blood when i pee and the cramps got worst... i visited the hospital that same night and the doctor gave me and injection for the pain and stated that bleeding is a sign of miscarriage and that i should get some rest..its been two days and i am still spotting only when i wipe but now it dark brown i am really scared did a hcg test toady will be getting back the result tomorrow and i m hoping for the best..still having cramps just a little i want to find out if anyone has been through this before...
HI
I was about 5 weeks pregnant having cramping on one side and spotting. and had a pelvic ultrasound and the doctor said he couldn't see and ectopic pregnancy but couldn't see any pregnancy at all but that i just may not be far enough along. My Hcg level that day was 370 or so.. 3 days later my Hcg was 170 so I had a miscarriage. SO you really won't know until you've had 2 Hcgs done. That doesn't mean you are in the same situation but that's what happened to me so you should be prepared. Miscarriages are very common and there's nothing you can do about it
Hey.... I am currently 6 weeks pregnant.....or so I hope. I had brown and pink dischargy stuff when I wiped for a few days and this evening (being the third day of bleeding) experianced a big bleed with clotting, felt rather strange, but I'm in no pain. I have an ultrasound tomorrow and the anticipation is killing me!! I had a misscaraige in December and I'm very worried that this is a repeat performance.... Ive read some of the posts and its likley I've misscarried again, but its re-assuring to hear that there have been instances where baby has went on to develop healthily... The not knowing is what gets us all! I'm not sure how I should feel, is hoping for the best the wrong thing to do, because theres risk of being dissapointed!? Wouldnt it be nice sometimes, to have a crystal ball so we could prepare for the outcome! My pregnancy symtoms (symptoms) also subsided about 1 week and a half ago... theres also a question mark over that because I still feel tired and have tender breasts at a lower level, but they say that as your body adapts and gets used to the hormone changes that the symptoms can subside!!!!!!!! Isn't is just great being a woman (I say that with a sarcastic tone) Best of luck to all you ladies out there! Will keep you posted with my outcome. Fingers crossed, and plenty of prayers! x
i am 6weeks pregnant and began with some brown discharge last monday. on tues i had pink blood when i wiped around friday i was spotting my underwear. now its monday again and around 3am i had a period flow went to er dr said the heartbeat is at 121. i only feel lower back pain today i noticed a blood clog.  help it's my third pregnancy never had this before and no one has an answer i'm so scared.
I was 5 weeks pregnant and had a miscariage last night. from day 1 of implantation i had cramps everyday then the day before the miscariage i felt nothing all day which left me concerned and then the next day i miscarried.it started as slight spotting then by the evening turned into very heavy bleeding and severe pains. i did a test this mornin and the positive line was very faint not like it had been previously when it came up clear straight away.so i know ive lost it and the doc confirmed this.this was my first pregnancy.
I am 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant. First pregnancy. I have been light bleeding and cramping off an on for the past 2 weeks. The color of the blood ranges from brown to pink. I had my first dr appt yesterday and when I told him about the bleeding he immediately sent me for an ultrasound. I was somewhat relieved to see the heartbeat and to hear from the tech that there is a yolk sac and my cervix is closed.

There was some fluid-shown as a dark spot outside of the yolk sac near the cervix. The tech made note of that. Does anyone know what that could be? The tech though maybe it was implantation bleed that hadn't been absorbed by my body that was trickling through my closed cervix.  

I've done a lot of reading about this an it seems that once you see/hear a heartbeat you are alot less likely to miscarry. I'm praying that everything is ok.
Hello, This is my third pregnany. I had one miscarriage and one healthy boy how is now two. I had a scan at 4/5 wks with spotting, the bleeding has got worse over time more like a period with cramps and small clots. I contact the hospital twice and they wont help me till i bleed through towels. I have a scan 2morrow. I'm so scared and fed up i've spent the last four days in bed. Has anyone had bleeding like this and had a healthy baby. Thanks for read this. Sarah x
I found out i was pregnant about 3 weeks ago.. I had a blood test done to see what my hcg level was and it was around 115 and then just yesterday i started getting crampy and i had brown spotting and the cramps were getting really bad so i went to the er they drew more blood and my hcg level was 600 and the doc said thats to low bec im supposed to be around 6 or 7 weeks..well we did and ultrasound and the baby was showing to only be 4 weeks..and im very nervous because they are saying im having a threatned miscarrage (miscarriage) has anyone else had the same thing??? please help
Will I'm almost 7weeks pregnant and 4days ago,I started bleeding,like spotting and when I wipe too.I went to my dr yesterday and they told me that I am maybe having a mc..could I believe my dr or what?
I am 6weeks 2days I went to the er yesterday morning cuz I was bleeding with clots and cramping  my hcg was 1500 and my cervix is closed. This morning I went back still cramping and I'm spotting cervix is still closed but my hcg went down to 1444 they told me most likely to prepare myself for a miscarrige. I'm not bleeding as of now anymore who knows tomorrow but has anyone have had this happen too and still have a healthy baby?
I am writing just to give some hope.  I had a miscarriage in September.  I was 10 weeks 5 days.  I had given up a lot of hope.  Before the MC, my husband and I had tried for 3 years to get pregnant.  I have a tilted uterus and very irregular periods.  We eventually had to take Clomid, so that we could predict when I would ovulate.  Finally, we got pregnant in March on out 4th cycle of Clomid.   I am 10 weeks 4 days pregnant.  This week I am extremely nervous and look every time I go to the bathroom for blood, but so far no blood or anything.  I know miscarriage is extremely painful and it made me almost entirely give up hope.  I got pregnant on week that I was extremely busy with work and planning a ski vacation.  It was the first month in a long time that I didn't think about whether conception that week got me pregnant or not.  Usually I would count the days until my next period or I could take a pregnancy test.  I was so busy that the time flew by.  
Im 5 weeks and 6 days im 19 yrs old first pregnacy im married. I have been spoting for a few days strait went to the bath room thus morning one blood clot:( im scared no really bad cramps just some little here and there.
I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant...I have be having crazy stomach pains...I went to the ER because of bleeding and cramping...when I got there they did all kind of blood work and ultrasounds...the doc said that he seen a live baby,,,and told me to go home and put me on bedrest...but later that night I starting cramping again and then I had two blood clots to discharge first it was one then after about 5 minutes there was another one...I was in no pain when they discharged but currently I have been having side pains and everything...I just need to know if that was the baby that I passed in the toilet this is my first pregnancy and I'm scared,,,I go to the doc this week but it's not coming fast enough...PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!
Hi I believe im 8w 4d pregnant and yesterday i started bleeding with cramps just like it was my  period. My cramps are no worse than what it would be if it was my period. I also have a UTI. This is my second pregnancy, and none of this has happened the first time The doctor knows im bleeding but My next appointment isnt until July 8 any advice besides find a new doctor which i will be doing monday, any hope out there
If its red blood then you really aught to get checked out, especially b/c it could be the UTI.  Your UTI needs treated immediately or it can turn into a kidney infection, which can cause low birth weight or start labor.

Please try to get in to see the doctor immediately.
I am just exactly six weeks pregnant.  I had a miscarriage last November and so every little thing makes me so nervous.  They put me on progesterone gel and I began to pass small pink globules.  I freaked, called the doctor and was told that all of my hormone levels were normal and that I was likely irritating my cervix, and the blood was mixing with the gel.  Ok, but now the pharmacy delayed my refill of the progesterone and tonight I feel kind of crampy and am having pink discharge, no globules.  Since my last MC started with pink spotting at 5 1/2 weeks, I am terrified.  I can't get in for an ultrasound until Wednesday.  Should I be freaking out, or does this sound fairly typical?
this stuff is old, but what we post still help others everyday...
i discovered i was preggo@6wks, @8wks i went to the ER on a sat, i had been light~norm period bleeding for 3days, i nearly soaked a thick pad the second 2days n decided i needed to c what was up. they said i was on the verge of miscarriage n if i wanted any shot of keeping this baby to lay in bed, do NOTHING that could upset anything including stress n hope for the best. (the bleeding was caused from the placenta tearing away from the uterus which causes the placenta blood/oxygen/mommy supply to escape/detach n the baby can't b fed or anything n will cause death. it either has torn to much n miscarriage is inevitable as it will completely detach, or the tear is still mild n can heal itself if not disturbed anymore. if the blood is fresh n bright red they r worried cause it IS tearing, if its old dark blood, its from previous damage n u haven't miscarried yet so it MAYB healing) it turned out fine! =>but from then on i was on strict bedrest!
ALSO, just fyi...
i didnt have any pain with my bleeding. but it started just as if i was having a period. YES listen to ur doc, u r on verge of havin a miscarriage...all u can do is what i said above. if its already torn to much to fix itself, u can't stop it... u will loose your baby :(

so be careful! no sex, NOTHING inserted AT ALL! no lifting, pushing moving NOTHING!! the less stress the better....know that you've done all u can n let your baby heal =)
if its meant to b it will b.
the doc also told me it WASN'T from anything i had done. sometimes it just happens. (i'm not convinced they don't jus tell women that so they don't kill themselves with guilt)
i told him i had changed a tire the day before n was worried about the heavy lifting. he said that didn't CAUSE it (obviously, i had already been bleeding for 2days) but no more of that!
i know its hard, but don't FREAK about the no heartbeat thing. my daughter was 'MIA' most of my pregnancy lol. she was tiny n i was tiny n she was hard to find in there even with ultrasound! she hardly moved, never once did she cooperate n show her front side during a doc visit. she was always sleeping lol. the doctors were super worried about this n were sure something was wrong 'its not normal'. but i assured them she moved n was active@ night. even my very liberal doc tried to force a premature labor cause they feared something was wrong with her n she was only 4lbs! thank god i put my foot down n refused (even tho i was scared to death because of what they were telling me! the placenta can fail as its only made to last 9mos, n it will stop feeding the baby causing it to stop growth  perhaps Thats y she wasn't getting bigger) i was forced to go 3times a wk for the last 2mos! for a 'stress test' chk to see if she was in fact moving since they didn't ever see her move lol n hear her heartbeat for 1~2hrs.
as soon as she was nolonger considered premie (33? wks or so idremember) i went ahead n agreed to schedule delivery. had a beautiful, healthy 5lb 5oz Valentines baby! the whole NICU was amazed she was so small, had no problems n was ready to go home! (before mommy by the way. she tore me and they were debate giving me a blood transfusion cause i lost so much blood)
Yes I am four weeks and having the same problems this is my first baby and it started out as lite bleeding and the became alittle heavier and then I got scared but then my mom told me that she bleed with all five of us and now. I feel abit relieved I go to the doctor on the 27th and I just know I'm going to see my baby and hear the heartbeat so keep me in mind and when I come back from the doctors next week ill let you guys know what happend
I am 5 weeks, 4 days, my second pregnancy. I started spotting yesterday, and bleeding (periodlike) this morning. My first, I had no bleeding whatsoever. I called the obgyn today, and my dr. was not in, but I talked to the RN, and she said it was likely a chemical pregnancy. The egg and sperm united, but due to some abnormality, it was not viable. (I haven't been TO the dr. yet). She said she has to talk to the dr. and call me back to see if I need to go in for a Rhogam shot, as I am RH negative. So, ladies, even if you think you've miscarried, and there may be nothing they can do, please call your dr, just to make sure things like this are taken care of. If you are RH negative, this could affect subsequent pregnancies if your RH factor is an issue. Best of luck to all of you. I'm trying to hold on hope that my pregnancy may be viable, but only time will tell.
Hello..I had a feeling I was pregnant so I bought three tests and they come up negative so my next period came but it was only when I wiped and a brown colour apparently when u first fall pregnant u get a light brown discharge but it should only last 2 to 3 days..Mine lasted longer then I started experiencing like a period cramp so I went to the hospital now this is my forth pregnancy..They had me hold my bladder for one hour which hurt more than usual but only because I had a bladder infection..I went for the ultra sound and everything was normal..The following monday I started to wipe red blood so I went to my private doctor, they done a internal and said my uterus was closed but that there is alot of blood..the doctor asked me to get a blood test which tells him if the baby is growing or not so on the monday I had it done then was to get another on the wednesday so he could compare it..The results came back on the monday it was 9700 on the wednesday 12,000 my baby is growing rapidly..He sent a emergency letter to the hospital because I'm still bleeding I started feeling dizzy, I'm taking vitamins , bed resting,drinking water alot of it..but suffering alot of head aches I can hardly walk without being dizzy..I am now getting a ultra sound on my uterus because they can't stop my bleeding..If your bleeding sorry to say even if people say it does happen it is not normal and just because another bled and went full term..Better to be safe then sorry keep going to the doctor for check ups and if your not happy change doctors..our taxes pay them they go study to become doctors so they should know the reason for it. I have been bleeding 33 days and it wouldn't be such a huge problem but the fact I feel so weak and dizzy when I stand is a problem..I started getting boils too my whole immune system is shutting down and yet they still don't know why I am bleeding..it is so important to think positively but to never give up if your concerned or worried at all.
hey can sum1 help me.. im about 5weeks pregnant,ive started bleeding 4 days ago not heavy jst realy lite,i went to hospital everything is ok bt when i went home i started bleeding heavy and have bad pains what is happening...?
i am 5w2d and this morning went to restroom and had light pink spotting when i wiped  and not sure i should be worried i have three children already and in dec22 2008 had a m/c and am scarred i might have another one and the dr said its to  early to check me so if any one can help with advice plz help me
I am about 7wks preggo, I had a miscarriage in the summer two days before my 35th bday. I was cramping and spotting about the same time I've started now, so I went to the doc and they told me that I might be having a threaten miscarriage, but I made it to 15 wks and then lost it on July 22: I felt this pop and stuff just started to come out. I gave up from moment. That would have been my first child. I had gotten pregnant when i was 23, but didn't know it and had a miscarriage the day after christmas in 98 I was only 4wks and had no smyptons. It took 12yrs to get pregnant again, but still ended up loosing that baby. I named him Love. All of sudden though in Dec I find out that I am pregnant again 4wks 6 days. Two weeks have gone by and now I am spotting the dark stuff, cramping some times, sharp pains. The spotting comes and goes nothing real heavy yet. I know that I am not able to walk a lot and No sex. A friend of mine told me that it is possible that the linning in my walls is light and needs to be thick, that there should be medicine for it, she had to take it. I am waiting to go to the doctor do to the fact of insurance and the ER doesn't do anything in my town accept for tell you there is nothing that they can do. I try not to stress and have happy thoughts. This pregnacy is different; the day after new years I was using the restroom and had to do a #2 didn't want to push or grunt, but when I looked in toilet, I saw a very tiny thing I guess the color of your finger and very small. I thought I had a miscar, but my dude says that it wasn't that. There was no sack and I didn't hurt or cramp or bleed after. I'm still having the cramping every now and then and the spotting. Nothing real red, it is more of a brownish color, not heavy very light and sort of creamy I guess. I'm scared, because I really want to be mother. I am waiting to go to the doctor as soon as my insurance comes through, but unitl then I am worried that I am having another loss.
I'm going thru something simular I went to the doctor took a test it was positive took two hpt they were positive went to my first prenatel visit took one it was negative I don't know what's going on
Me and my bf were tryin to have a baby, we consistantly had sex to ensure i would possibly get pregnant, i had all the signs i was but then today i started to get kinda crampy and some light bleeding, im scared something is wrong or that we didnt get pregnant?? But i had all the early signs and im not sure if i should get checked?? Please help
hi everyone . i have been bleeding for 6 days on and off with alot of blood clots they r 3 to 4inches and more then that i went to er they checked me and took  blood & , urine test and they also gave me the shots because i m A- NEG i did an ultrasound but they r not sure cause they only saw the yolk sac no heartbeat no embryo so they said may be baby is too little to see i m 7 w3d at the time of the ultrasound so they scheduled another ultrasound on thursday 21 april . i forgot to tell that i have really bad cramps in my lower stomach and back on and off so i m so worried what is gona happen ,well i have 2 kids daughtar is 4 and my son is 1 . i never had this with my previous pregnancies i only had a misscarriage once at 6weeks now its been six years  but that was not like this if someone has the same situation plz let me know
Just read your post from April and was wonderin how ur 2nd u/s went?? I am 7 wks and bleeding for past 4 days. Had u/s 2day, yolk sac but no heartbeat. Back for 2nd u/s on June 1st. Only very small clots and not bleeding very heavily. Bad pain in right side and stomach seems very bloated. Hate not knowing whats goin on!! :(
I had a positive pregnancy test last week and continued taking my birth control pills yesterday I woke up bleeding dark red blood but no blood clots do you think everything is okay
I am 6weeks 4 days pregnant, I went to the bathroom just to notice this red spotting and a lot when I wipe so I ignore it for 8 hours, when it didnt stop I went to the ER they took my blood work and a sonograph, the baby was there but no heart beat, my HCG level were too low so they told me to go home and come back in 48hrs to see if the hormones will go up if not that will mean chemical pregnancy. I am still bleeding not a lot the cramps are on off, Already told myself that this is mis, although I wish otherwise.. I am scared I am praying for the different outcome
Hello I being spotting brown n red for 5 n 1/2 weeks n my stomach looks like I 3 months pregnant. I took 4 pregnancy test n they came negative can u guys help me.
hello...
im 7 week pregnant nd i m noticing brown spot on and off wid with cramping at lower stomach...my doctor told me ma placenta moves from its place m soo wooried
please let me know wat i do
Hi everyone,
I'm looking for some advice. I took a pregnancy test on Friday and it came back positive to my surprise. I then decided to take a digital pregnancy test the following day and that came back positive and said I was 4-5 weeks along. I have been spotting off and on for the past couple of days, it varies from brownish, to dark reddish, to yellowish. I have slight cramping but nothing I can't handle. I had spotting with my third pregnancy and everything turned out ok, but I'm nervous this time. I'm hoping to be able to get into the doctor's office on Monday to get my blood drawn. I'm even wondering if these pregnancy tests are giving me false positive results. My cycles have been so irregular it's even hard to pinpoint when I conceived. Anyone out there have this happen to them?
I got told I am five weeks pregnant I have been cramping for a fe w days and had blood that was very watery I am scared this is my first pregnancy
Hi, my girlfriends having the same issues as you are, we found out yesterday (monday) that my girlfriend was 6 weeks pregnant, it started yesterday when she went to the toilet that there was a light brownish blood, so i foned the midwife for some advice, we were miles away from our local doctors surgery, so had to go to the local hospital, where my girlfriend then had to take another urine sample, it was tested with a pregnancy test and the midwife at the hospital said that she had passed that test aswell, but now the blood is heavy but i have been researching alot and read alot about people being pregnant, with alot of blood down below and there pregnancy has been sucessful, my girlfriend and i are going back to the hospital today, for a u/s so hopefully things are ok, u shouldnt worry so much i would just go to the hospital and keep tabs on your pregnancy but i hope you all the best and hope to hear from you in the future with a sucessful pregnancy. thanks
Hi, my girlfriends having the same issues as you are, we found out yesterday (monday) that my girlfriend was 6 weeks pregnant, it started yesterday when she went to the toilet that there was a light brownish blood, so i foned the midwife for some advice, we were miles away from our local doctors surgery, so had to go to the local hospital, where my girlfriend then had to take another urine sample, it was tested with a pregnancy test and the midwife at the hospital said that she had passed that test aswell, but now the blood is heavy but i have been researching alot and read alot about people being pregnant, with alot of blood down below and there pregnancy has been sucessful, my girlfriend and i are going back to the hospital today, for a u/s so hopefully things are ok, u shouldnt worry so much i would just go to the hospital and keep tabs on your pregnancy but i hope you all the best and hope to hear from you in the future with a sucessful pregnancy. thanks .
i had a miscarriage at 5 weeks, the doctor didn't see a baby and told me to come back in 8 weeks, at 8 weeks there was no baby either. I had no signs of miscarriage no bleeding or pain. then when i was 10 weeks they verified that i had a miscarriage. Right after my miscarriage 8 weeks later i was pregnant again, i was on bedrest for the first two months. i had a healthy baby who is now 1 years old.  6 Months later i had gotten pregnant. At 6 weeks and 5 days i went in for a ultrasound and found a baby and heartbeat. Two days later after the ultrasound, i wiped and saw blood. It was light red blood and called the doctor. She told me to stay in bed and rest. Then 3 days later i didn't feel pregnant anymore. Went to the Doctors and they confirmed that i had a miscarriage.  
Im aliitle over 6 weeks pregnant and yesterday evening I went to pee and realized that my underwear was stained I freaked out when I wiped there's was barely nothing there. I didn't know what to take of it later on in the day I started having a bleeding resembling my period but lighter and cramping all might. Made an apt. for today I couldn't sleep all night I'm so scared I don't understand what's going on !!!!?
im just about 7 weeks and im bleeding with cramps like a normal time of the month i have called the midwife who to me there is nothing thy can do just now. help
Hello.. I'm new to this. So please forgive me if i repeat questions. I am two months away from being 18. And on January the 13th and January the 21st. I got two positive home pregnancy test. I went to the doctor the 23rd. And had blood work done. And it was negative.. And even my doctor seem EXTREMELY shocked at this. And told me to come back in about a month and have blood work done. I moved Monday and while lifting all the boxes, I started bleeding some and cramping... Not normal "that time of the month" bleeding... It goes from VERY VERY light and then will pick up some. But as soon as i lay down... And rest for a little while.. I quit cramping and bleeding... I do have EVERY sign of being pregnant... Can someone please give me some advice.. I got to the doctor February 10th. Please and thank you in advance...
I am around 5weeks pregant, I was in hospital yesterday with very bad pains they fort I was having a ectopic pregnancy... I have to go bk the 14th and then they can no for sure, I'm worryed this is my 3rd baby but did not have these pains in my last 2. Any body help!
That thing u said bout only having a 5% chance of losing a baby when the heart beat has been detected was music to my ears I'm 7 weeks bleeding lightly with a few small clots no cramps but lower back pain from a uti, I went for a u/s after 2 days of bleeding and today I got to see my lil guy/ girls heartbeat best thing ever, apart from the birth of my son, this is my 4th pregnancy and I'm so hoping that this lil one holds on like my lil man did!
Im six weeks n four days and is bleeding like am seeing my period one min its dark red and next min its dark brown ways going on I go to the er they herd my baby heart beat n say its fine but am still seacred
I am 5 weeks pregnate as of today I found out I was pregnate at 3 weeks because I started bleeding went to the ER and had all the tests done and they said my cervix was closed and my  HCG levels are at 520 then 2 days later 537 then a few days later at 737 they wanted to give metrotrexate
my mom bled badly with my sister and she was told by the os tech that in over 75% of bleeding pregnancies where u can see a heart beat on the os the pregnancy is viable and will go to term :)
I am about a month preggers and at first it was light bleedin now its heavy bleedin with lil blood clot im sooo scared
i have been a week and 2days late my period is very regular. i av all the symptoms of being pregnant i woke this morning with a brownish discharge then it gradually turned red through out the day no clotting just a watery blood has anyone had these similar things happen to them. tell me your success story
I was having a deep feeling that I was pregnant along with most the signs, I was a month late on my period so I was gunna go get a test..I was real super busy so didn't have time {silly ov me} then a week ago (6weeks pregnant if I was) I started spotting brown redish..then about 5 days ago it is now bright red blood,yesterday early hours of the morning I woken with the worse pains I have every had in my life nothing like period pains..I was croched over, I sat on the toilet and was still bleeding pretty heavy..then suddenly I felt a rush\gush ov light blood and a big lump came out into the toilet..straight after that the pain went? Now I am having like heavy period pains big clots an heavy bright blood still..what do I do? Is this a misscariage? Am so scared.. And its upsetting me now? Help please x
I think I'm around 8 weeks pregnant but I cld be wrong, I started off spotting two days ago very lightly and it's only been getting heavier and also passed some clots, I went to hospital that doesn't specialise in pregnacies, I had a blood test and ultra sound, both determand I am around 6 weeks pregnant but in ultra sound they cld only see the sack, I went again the following day to another hospital that specialises more in pregnacies and they said I have to wait a week for another U/S and blood test to see it I've gone up in weeks and hopefully find a heart beat, I'm confused by it all and hoping that my baby is ok.

I have cramps also bleeding has calmed down but still slightly there!
:( I hope my baby is ok, all I can do it wait till Thursday.
hi im 6 weeks we found out last week we where expecting, my husband and i. we have 2 sons one is 3 and our second is 1, so on sunday i started bleeding heavy with stringy clots i went to the doc on monday 6/11 and i got an u/s done and they said its just a sac but no fetal pole but they said its to soon to see if it had a heartbeat, now i got my first hcg levels back yesterday they where 6249 i have to run my second test tomorrow.. im so worried. i saw alot of the comments above and alot reminds me of what im going threw and i wanted to know if  anyone made it to term... please someone help!
Hi I'm experiencing bleeding too it's not too heavy but it's been going on for a month already as well as cramps. This bleeding seemed like period bleeding and in between there were also brown blood too so im confused am I loosing my child?
  I have been on here reading everyone's posts and I just want to give everyone some hope! I am 37 years old and with my first pregnancy, I was 3 months pregnant and everything was going perfectly. I didn't even have morning sickness!! While at work one day, I simply bent over to pick up some papers and suddenly began bleeding A LOT, gushing blood like an artery had been cut. Blood on my clothes, on the floor, etc. and happened VERY QUICKLY with NO WARNING or any pain, just blood!!  Luckily, I worked at the hospital as an Admin but, I and some of my co-workers(nurses) that were there knew I was in trouble!! They grabbed a wheelchair for me because I was ALREADY beginning to get dizzy. In the ER I was given blood transfusions,meds to stop the bleeding, pregnancy test, and an ultra sound. Finally, the meds worked and I began to feel better was told that I had had a COMPLETE miscarriage. They told me to go home, rest, and see my OB ASAP to make sure I didn't need a D and C. Of course my husband and I were devastated!! I go home, rest and I see my OB within the next day or so. She did blood work and an ultrasound because she wanted to make sure I was okay and that the miscarriage had been complete. According to my OB, evrerything was good. All healthy blood work, nothing on the ultrasound and no D and C needed.  So, I go home but continue to bleed, heavy at first, then it got lighter and lighter, but never stopped completely for about 4or 5 weeks. I knew that was normal and that my period was gonna be "off" because of the miscarriage. Weirdly, I also began having nausea, cramping, breasts were sore, tired, but my husband and I HAD NOT had sex since the miscarriage (wasn't physically or mentally able) so I knew I couldn't be pregnant again, plus I WAS STILL BLEEDING. So, I thought, OK this is weird. I'd better go see my Dr.again!  I go to the Dr.(my family Dr.), she examines me, gives me a pregnancy test, and does blood work, etc. According to the pregnancy test, I was NOT pregnant ( I was thinking duh!!!), but she wanted to see what the blood work said and she was worried because I do have endometriosis (sp). A few days later, I get a call from her and she says that my blood work shows I am pregnant!! My husband and I were CONFUSED and happy, to say the least, but we did not want to get to excited! She sends me for an emercency ultrasound, that same day,and guess what they found? I was 5 months pregnant with a BABY GIRL!!! Talk about someone who was BLOWN AWAY!!! It's kind of weird when the ultrasound tech says "hmmmmmmm, that's interesting!! Would you like to know the sex of your baby?"!!! espicially when you weren't expecting them to say that you were even pregnant to begin with!!!Anyway, I carried her full term, plus 2 weeks! She is now a healthy 17 YEAR OLD, yes that says YEARS!! So, don't get discouraged!! Since then, I had another little girl and I am now pregnant with my 3rd child. Which is why I am on this site. Having a little trouble with this one, but like I said, we got to have hope right? Love you ladies and I hope my post help someone out there!! Oh, in case your wondering, the OB blamed ALL this on my endometriosis!! Scar tissue from that can "hide" a pregnancy!! I NEVER went back to that OB again and I NEVER will!!!
I'm 16 years old. About 103 lbs. And I'm 6 weeks pregnant. I started out with some light brown discharge and very minor cramps. I went to the ER scared to death. After I got my pelvic I started bleeding heavier and cramping so bad I cry. I've passed some clots. And I'm really scared. I go tomorrow for blood work to check my hcg level. I'm terrified!
Iam going through the same thing right nw went to the doctor on the 6th  he did and ultrasound and checked my blood levels.. Everything was fine than on the 10th i started bleeding returned to the hospital and he told me tht sum bleeding durning ur first trimester is rare but normal.. I went to my obgyn on the 19th and i was still spotting brown she said everythung was fine that my blood level was good the ultrasound was good and checked my blood level again. And now its tht 21st and u woke up spotting  browish red wit light cramping.. I am worried but i no tht the Lord knows best and its up to him not me.... And iam just gne leave it n his hands.. Amen