Maternal & Child Community
6.5 weeks pg, i keep spotting but brown.....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

all right, im getting fed up with this.  i did have a few days of brown spotting a while back which we thought was implantation bleeding.  but for the last SIX days i have had it on and off every day! its mostly just when i wipe, and more after a bm.  sorry tmi. i talked to the nurse at md office last week.  she says as long as its brown and im not cramping not to worry.  but i wish it would stop, it still makes me nervous.  sometimes its sorta clumpy, sediment like.  like cm with brown in it.  and sometimes there is sediment in the toilet.  its like the end of my period, i would usually get this for a few days, but it is NEVER ENDING.  dont even really need a panty liner for it.  has anyone else ever had this?  im trying not to worry, but i want it to go away!!!!  thanks.
My sister had spotting like that (even pink sometimes) through her entire pregnancy and everything was fine.
on the other end of the speculum.  Any spotting is not normal.  a brown spotting is concerning..  follow through with your dr.  Are you still experiencing pregnancy symptoms??  I had brown spotting on and off for 5 weeks and then it stopped.  Everyone said it was fine.  at 11 weeks found out my baby had died at 8.  are they doing hcg levels on you??  if not they should be.  although mine were fine.  you need to stay on top of your pregnancy symptoms if they start to fade call your dr... have you had an ultrasound yet???
I had brown spotting at 4,6 and 9 wks and am now 21weeks preg so you may be just fine,  I actually had one episode of bright red blood at 10 weeks (what a scare!)  All has stopped in the second trimester - ask your doctor to test your hcg counts and make sure they are doubling properly. Try to relax and best of luck.
I agree - whilst bleeding can be common and sometimes doesn't mean the worst - we all know it is not normal and any kind of bleeding should be reported to your dr. Perhaps you should book for an u/s if you haven't already done so and then you can put your mind at ease. It may be nothing but some blood clots coming away but then again it could be something else that needs attention.