6w2d scan an no fetal pole
In January 2011 I was 10 weeks when I had some brown spotting.  Later that same day it turned into heavy red blood.  I went to the ER and had my 1st u/s.  It showed me as 5 weeks which was impossible. I was diagnosed with a missed miscarriage. My levels were monitored for a week, but since there were not dropping fast enough I had a D&E.  
I am now 6 weeks pregnant. I had an u/s done last Friday when I was 6w2d.  The tech 1st did an abdominal scan.  Then a vaginal.  She had to put the transponder on an extreme angle and said it was because I had a tilted uterus.  The abdominal scan was actually clearer.  She had thought she saw a flicker on the ab scan and so did my husband. I didn't.  She was worried and called in a Dr (not my OB but a DR at the hospital u/s).  He asked my LMP and BFP dates.  He said based on what I told him he was thinking there was a problem.  He said he only saw a sac an yolk but would've expected to see a fetal pole at my gestation and didn't.  He said to come back in a week.  When he left the room the tech said she knew it was easier said then done but not to lose sleep over what the Dr said because what she saw looked healthy (sac).  I had more blood drawn that same day and should have the results tomorrow.  I had blood drawn at 4 weeks 1 day and at 4 weeks 6 days so I will have something to compare to.  
I am just so worried about the Dr saying he should've seen something more than what he did.  My mom had 5 miscarriages in a row (hence 11 years between my brothers) and I am scared to death the same thing will happen to me.
I am grateful that I have my child that will be 3 next week but I really wanted a sibling for him.

Hi,thanks for query.

Normally by 6 weeks of gestation fetal heart activity is seen  by transvaginal sonography, a week later by abdominal scan.  As per your understanding the doctor is not sure whether you are having gestational sac or not.
Do not worry just wait as advised.  Please talk to your gaynec if you needs drugs to supplement hormones to treat deficiencies.  At times due to late conception this can happen. Wait for one week. Take proper rest and good diet.

Wishing you good health.