Maternal & Child Community
7 1/2 weeks preggo conspitated

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

7 1/2 weeks preggo conspitated

its hard to go to the bathroom i get stomach pains from not going right by my ribs are sore plus its hard for me to eat is this normal i will be 8 weeks tommorrow
Yes, this is totally normal.  With the hormones rising and the extra iron you are taking it causes constipation. Eat a healthy diet with plenty of fruits & vegies.  Stay away from constipating foods.  Cut out the junk foods and drinks. Drink lots of water and try to get some excercise everyday.  Hope this helps.  Blessings.
Try shredded wheat, water, nuts and rasins and lots of fruits.  The nuts and rasins did the trick for me.  That and almonds.
Not even stool softeners worked for me.  I took those in addition to my prenatal which has a stool softener in it as well.  I started eating 2 med-lg organic green apples a day and voila!  Weird I know, but it has worked for me.  I certainly feel better!  Good luck!  I hope one of our suggestions works for ya b/c it is SO MISERABLE!
thanks! i feel like a kid with a tummy ache!
I too suffer from constipation.  My RE gave me a prescription prenatal with stool softeners in it.  Also, try prunes or prune juice.  We give our patients in the hospital slightly warmed prune juice and it does the trick.  Stay hydrated as well.  Good luck.
I am exactly were you are in my pregnancy and experiencing very bad constipation. I read somewhere that blueberries help. I've been eating them the last few days and I've been much improved. Also, apricots seem to help as well. Good Luck!
I had the same problem at the beginning of my pregnancy (I was miserable!)and researched that we should be eating about 25-35 grams of fiber everyday (super hard!)...

But, when I turned to a high fiber diet, my pregnancy was a LOT more enjoyable!

I'm not for gross high fiber food, I wanted to find things I'd actually EAT - - these are some of the items that I rely on everyday (that are bearable!)

Kern's Pear Juice Nectar (has to be the Kerns nectar - regular pear juice doesn't have the fiber) has 3-4 grams of fiber per can of juice.  Pear juice tastes a LOT better than prune juice!

2 cups of Raisin Bran has 14 grams of fiber - and with a little sugar isn't that bad :)
(start your day with that and you're in good shape!)

Orowheat has a bread called "Double Fiber" and it has 6 grams of fiber per slice!  

Also, peas have a lot of fiber (make some peas with sauteed onions and bacon as a side dish for dinner).
Strawberries, regular pears, and kiwi's also have a lot of fiber...

When I started using those food selections daily, within about 2 days I was much better and my stomach aches went away...and haven't returned yet!