Maternal & Child Community
7-8 weeks 'pregnant' but ultrasound showed only a sac

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

i took a home test on 1/3 and it came back positive (i took 3 other tests after that just to be sure:)) all were positive.  went to doc on 1/11 and that test (i think same as home test - no blood work) was positive.  first u/s was set up for 1/24.  i also had a physical exam that day. the physical exam showed every sign of me being pregnant (and having a tipped uterus). then the u/s showed only a sac (they did both external and internal u/s)!  so they said they could be off by 2 weeks OR i have an empty sac (they would not use the word miscarriage) so i went in for blood work to test hcg's on the 24th they were at 25,000!  doc expected them to go down but on the 26th they were 29,000! i have NO signs of miscarriage (no cramps or bleeding) and still "feel" pregnant. i have heard they can not see baby on first u/s but may get it on the 2nd? i also heard of someone who they were near a month off on due date and they didn't get anything on 1st u/s but on second saw twins! i have another u/s scheduled for today. any help, insight, advice? this is our 1st pregnancy. i have not given up hope yet...don't want to give up on the little guy. but am super nervous...
WOW, you are nervous.. Just relax and give it time.  Just remember that these little people start of the size of the head of a pin!!  it needs time to grow.  Some u/s machines arent strong enough to tell this early and a tipped uterus can make it extra hard to see even farther along.  SO sit back, relax, and let nature take its course.  Also, if they do say you have an "empty sac" that is called a blighted ovum (most of the time).  That just means that the egg and sperm didnt have equal parts and didnt form a baby, although the of the sac is there.  If this is your case, your HcG may still rise.  But like i said, give it time time time.  If they diagnose a blighted ovum/miscarriage too early, they may be mistaken expecially in a tipped uterus.  That little bugger can be hiding.  Dont rush into any decisions too fast. Time. Give it time.. Trust me.  I hope you have a healthy 9 months!! We are all here for support.. Good Luck!
So are you TTC now or are you going to wait a cycle?  I hope we will be pregnant soon.  I didn't have many prgnancy symtoms (symptoms) after my D&C and when I went back to my follow up om 1-17, my doc said having a D&C will drop your HCG dramtically and much faster than M/Cing natrually.
WELL.. I took a hpt on sunday the 22nd (D&C 1/5) and i got a +.  I took a HPT again on that thursday the 26th and it was a veeeeeeeeeeeery light +.  the test i took is the generic EPT.  I dont know if that measures 50ml or 20ml.  SO as of a week ago I still had HCG in my blood.  I was 10wks4days pg when i had D&C.  I am going to let myself have 1 cycle before trying again.  Like ive said previously, they suspect a bicornuate/septate uterus so i have to have a Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) done to see the insides.  I dont know how long it will take for me to schedule this exam.  I had mentioned that i have had light spotting yesterday and today (not enough to need a liner) so maybe that is my levels hitting 0.  WHo knows.  I have my appt this friday and will hopefully get more answers.  as soon as they give me a referral i am calling the place to schedule.
Do you think I should take a hpt?  My doc really didn't mention doing any test or suspect anything is wrong with my body.  Should I of requested testing done?  I am 28 and it's my 1st pregnancy.  I was only 5wks6day pg so I wasn't that far along.  Now I am worried.
Honestly, the hcg's don't sound good to me. I had the same thing happen a couple of times where the hcg's went up a few thousand but not near doubling and both times I miscarried a few weeks later. (around 10-11 weeks)Both times they had not seen much on the sonogram so that is why they took the hcg's.

There are times when it does make it even with hcg's like that but not usually.

I am sorry you are going through this. It is just a chance thing  usually and the next time everything goes fine. I got pregnant right after my last miscarriage and carried the next baby just fine.
If your hcg is at 29000 you would feel pg. I had a missed m/c and mine kept rising until 109,000 when I had my d&c. Best of luck and hopefully maybe your dates are just wrong.
Hope everything goes well with your U/S.  I had a M/C on 1/3 and am waiting for A/F.  I found out I was PG on 11/30/05 and went on to my 1st prenatal visit on 12/16, OB found a sac that measured at 5 wks 6 days and I was to go back on 12/30 for a 2nd U/S to find a heart beat.  Unfortunately, there was no growth to the baby and I had a missed M/C and had a D&C on 1/3.  These things do happen and I never thought it'd happen to me but try to relax and be positive.
In the mean time, DH and I have been TTC or not preventing it.  Any thoughts?  I have to go back to the doc if my AF don't come by 2/14.  How romantic!
I hope everything is ok for you but it honestly does not sound too promising.  The very slow rising hcg combined with an empty sack does not sound too promising.  I really hope it does work out for you though.  I have been there as have many women on this board.  Please keep up posted.
dont worry you cant really see the baby until about 7-9 weeks and at 9 weeks the baby is the size of a pea im currently 26 weeks pregnet and i didint see my baby until 11 weeks so dont worry and to all ttc lots of babt dust to all and never give up hope!!!!!
I went to the dr on 1/23, i thought i was almost 6 wks preg (from my last visit from AF), they did an vaginal ultrasound and said that they only seen a sac and it was measuring 5 weeks and 3 days.  IS this normal?  Should I be worried.  I go back on 2/3 for another ultrasound.  Help!!
Nah, nothing to worry about.  I only took a HPT because i still had symptoms of being pg.  I knew i wasnt pg so i took the hpt to see if i still had the hormones.. and i did.. so that explained why i was still nauj, moody, gassy, etc.  They havent said anything about getting my blood taken or anything.  Hopefully af will come soon then i can feel normal.  Definately take a HPT if you think you are PG.  That would be fun to get the BFP!!  I cant wait for my next BFP!! the cook thing is that DH and I can get pg so easy.  its the staying pg that i am worried about now.
Thanks!  So you think I need to take a HPT to see if I have any pregnancy hormone left?  If it's a BFP, I will be very confused because I thought the HCG should be all gone.
Yes I still have all of the symptoms of being pregnant.  No miscarriage symptoms at all.  I think I may be freaking myself out by reading about blight ovum, etc.  We will just have to wait and see, maybe it was too early.
i took positive hpt on 1/6. my lmp was 11/25, but i was irregular so we couldn't really come up with how many wks pg i was. first u/s was 1/18, empty sac. no signs of pg but i have a baby already and i didn't have signs with her either. no bleeding, spotting or cramping. nothing. second u/s 1/23, nothing. went for bloodwork, hcg was rising nicely. last u/s was 1/30, dr. confirmed a blighted ovum. still no blood, cramps. and the sac is still growing. i'm going for a d & c thurs., i just want it over. dr. said wait 6 wks to start ttc again. and that's all i'll wait. i really want a bro or sis for my little girl. she will be a yr. next month.
hope & love to you all, we deserve flocks & flocks of babies!!
Sorry for your lost.  I had a missed M/C too.  It's been 4 weeks since my D&C and DH and I haven't been preventing to conceive again.  My doc suggested to wait one cycle and she said my body should take care of itself, and I might get pregnant B4 the AF.  Good Luck to you!
How did the ultrasound go?  I was thinking about you today.  I know how I felt when I was going through a similar situation.  It was horrible.  The waiting was horrible.  Wanting so bad for the pregnancy to be viable but knowing deep down that it wasn't was hell.  I really wish noone else had to go through it.
I hope everything went well with your US.  Im going though the same thing im 6weeks and had a US last thursday and the sac was seen but no heartbeat but my HCG levels are still rising. I will have another US this thursday and my HCG's are little lower then yours there at 18,000 and something and my OB says that good that they are were they need to be.  She thinks that the US done on last thursday was just to soon and she thinks that this thursday we will hear the heartbeat.  
So i really hope everything went will for you today
Peace and Blessing
thank you all for responding.  i have been trying to stay real positive because i don't have signs of miscarriage.  i know it is in God's hands...but we have had such a bad week anyway, i almost can't believe he would add this to it:)  the other thing i was told i have is a flat pubic bone?  anyone hear of that?  guess it isn't supposed to be a problem during preganancy - just birth.
what is a/f?
is it normal to wait a while to ttc again after a miscarriage? (if that is what i am having) - didn't really want to use "protection" again with my hubby:)
thanks again.  the u/s is at 430pm today...
good luck to you too! please keep me posted
Baby4me,
Sorry about the while blighted ovum thing.  i was just trying to discribe what could be wrong with the whole no baby in the sac thing,  Im sorry if i made you nervous.  If your sac was measuring 5 weeks then it may be too soon to see the baby.  So dont worry.. good luck with your appt on 2/3!!

Dollchina,
Only take the hpt if you think you are pg now.  I took one because i still had symptoms so i wanted to see if the hormone was still there.  If your levels dropped to 0 fast then if you had a + hpt it is because you are pg.  SOO if you do decide to take a test, and it is positive and your levels were 0 before then that means you are pg.  I didnt mean to confuse you.
every one will give different opinions on when to try again after a m/c.  Listen to your dr especially if you have a D&C (procedure to clean out uterus)  Your uterus will need time to heal from that and build up a new lining.  Some people go on to conceive and have healthy pregnancies and others dont.  SO it is all up to you and how you feel about it.  My Dr. banned us from sex after my D&C for 4 weeks (over this friday wink wink).  AF stands for Aunt Flow which means your period.  Aunt Flo has always been my least favorite term when talking about periods.. maybe because i did have an aunt florence.    You must be on pins and needles waiting for your ultrasound.  Good luck girl..  I will be thinking about you.  Stay strong and know that we will all be here for you.  

Staci
My doc only banned us from having sex for 10 days after a D&C.  And of course we had sex on the 10th day and several time afterwards!  We are not trying to prevent getting pregnant B4 my 1st cycle.  It's been 4 weeks since the procedure and AF is a no show.  I am anxious either way!  Good luck!
thanks again everyone!  i am trying to stay so positive for the u/s this afternoon, but i know it could be false hope.  guess we will know soon enough.  maybe the waiting is the worst part?
Dollchina-

my af is no show after 4 weeks also.. I hear it is normal not to get af from 4-6 weeks after.  I know i will get mine since i havent done the deed in over a month!! AHHHH  Good luck for you!!

Aggi, Waiting is DEFINATELY the worst of it all.  From now until you have a darling child in your arms, it is waiting.. that is what i am going through now.. i cant WAIT to be pg again.. ahhhh
So your suggestion would be not to take a HPT and wait for AF or wait to see if I am PG?  I really hate this transitional time.  My AF due date is 2-14, 2 more weeks!
How did your u/s go?Were they able to see the baby? i am going through the same thing and I need some hope.I went for my u/s Friday when I was 5w 6d(the yolk sac measured 5w 4d)but they couldn't see the baby.When I was 5w 2d my HCG was 12,606.I just had them retested this last Monday and I am waiting the results.They told me if my levels aren't rising like they should it could be a blighted ovum. So I am on pins and needles waiting.Please let me know what you found out!!Take care.
Im going through he exact same thing. Im supposed to be 6 weeks 6 days but they havent found a hearbeat. My HCG was 13,620 earlier this week but they still didnt see a heartbeat. My dr sent me to a specialist and she found twins. I dont know what to think. I dont want to give up hope.I had a miscarriage 5 months ago and Im scared its gonna happen again.Please let me know if anyone else has had a similar problem with them seeing multiples. My husband and I am hoping that maybe they are just still to small.
Ive read some really comforting stories, its comforting to know there are so many other women out there with similar problems.
hi did anyone find our how her sonogram went??  I hope everything went well.
Hi everyone,
I have read your comments in the past months and they have been a great encouragement to me. It is so comforting to know that there are hundreds of people going thru the same thing. I found out that I had a missed miscarriage at 5wks 3ds on Jan 4th. Had a d&c jan 19. Was told no activity for two wks, but did not listen. Because of early discontinuance of birth control pill I got af on Feb 4th. On Feb 11th it stopped (kinda). Now I am having the same symptoms I was having in my first pregnancy. Is this possible? Please give me your opinions on what you have heard.
First of all, your Dr. told you no sex for 2 weeks because your cervix was forced open (dilated) for the d&c.  By having sex within those 2 weeks you are risking major infection...  My doctor advised no sex for 4 weeks.  Every doctor is different.  BUT anyway.  Were you having your blood HCG levels monitored?  It is possible that you may be pg, but the best way to tell is to go back to the doctor.  After a miscarriage, it is possible to carry around hcg in your blood for up to 6 weeks.  I had + hpt's for 3.5 weeks.  At 4 weeks post D&C i ovulated..  I am currently waiting for my first period.  then DH and I will be TTC.  Good luck to you!! please go get checked if you are worried, it will be the best way to ease your mind!!
My wife is suppose to be 11 weeks pregnant. Last Sunday she had really bad craps and had some blood spots. We went to the clinic the following day and she had a u/s. The scan showed an empty pregnancy sac and the midwife said it was possible that my wife was earlier than we had first calculated. However she also said it could be a blighted ovum and that we should leave it a week and come back for a further u/s.
The whole early pregnancy could actually be the case as my wifes last period was the 5th Dec, but her periods are always very irregular and she can go 7 or 8 weeks between them.When she first thought that her period was late she did a preg test which was negative, that was on the 9th Jan. She did another a few days later on the 14th Jan and it was still negative, but when she started getting breast tenderness she thought she would try one more and that was positive. That was on the 20th Jan. She then had test with our GP and they confirmed that she was indeed pregnant.
We both think she could be as little as 5 weeks pregnant but won't know for sure until our next scan.The agony of waiting is killiong us n=both and I just wondered if anyone else had ever had such an experience?

The whole early pregnancy could actually be the case as my wife's last period was the 5th Dec, but her periods are always very irregular and she can go 7 or 8 weeks between them.When she first thought that her period was late she did a preg test which was negative, that was on the 9th Jan. She did another a few days later on the 14th Jan and it was still negative, but when she started getting breast tenderness she thought she would try one more and that was positive. That was on the 20th Jan. She then had test with our GP and they confirmed that she was indeed pregnant.

We both thought she could be as little as 5 weeks pregnant but didn't know for sure until our next scan on 27th Jan. The agony of waiting was killing us both but we were both delighted to see our little dot appear on the screen.
The doctor was as surprised as us and actually asked us to come back next Monday, 03/06, for a further scan as he was worried as there was no heart beat on the last scan.
I've been checking books and websites and the 5th-6th week is about the time when the heart beat appears, so we are both praying once again for our wee miracle.
I went for my first vag u/s 4 weeks and 2 days after embryo transfer (IVF).There was a sac but was empty. Should I be looking for development of 6 and 1/2 weeks (what the sonographer said) or should I be looking for development of 4 weeks and 2 days.I go for a second vag U/S in another week.
Should I be giving up hope already???
Never give up hope!  I am pregnant with my first.  I went for our first u/s 2 weeks ago and was told that I had an empty gestacional sac at 7 weeks and my pregnancy was bad and would probably miscarry soon.  I was so worried to say the least.  My life situation is very stressful as I am a U.S. citizen living in Guatemala and life here is so hard.  During the first few weeks of my pregnancy I was robbed at gunpoint and I fell once and my fiance doesn
Hello....thank you for all the comments I have been able to read!  I did a pregnancy test on May 2 to find that I am pregnant.  I went to the GP the next morning and that was confirmed with another urine pregnancy test.  I have polcystic ovaries so my periods and weight fluctuate.  However my lsat period was March 3.
Today May 15, I have had an external and internal ultrasound to be told that I have a sac that has a yolk lining but they cannot see a baby or hear a heartbeat as yet.  Also I am told that I am only possibly 5 - 6 weeks pregnant...could this be possible.  I ahve been getting soreness on my rihgt lower abdomen which feels like period pain but comes and goes.  This is usual around my period times.
Does anyone have any suggestions I can make to my GP when I go on May 18?
hi everyone. im 7 wks preg. and bleeding very heavy. went to the er and they said a possibe m/c. but u/s said preg. but no heartbeat yet. what to think or do. getting very scared!!
chrysty are you ok? Did you m/c or just pass a clot? I will pray 4 u Liz
hi everyone this is my first time on here. i am 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant. i had an u/s done on the 6 that put me at 5 weeks and 4 days and there was a sac but no baby so i go back the 19th for another u/s. i had a m/c  in may and got pregnant 3 weeks after my d&c. i got af 5 days after my d&c. just wondering if neone got pregnant so soon after that procedure? we are really wanting this baby .. we have been married almost 4 years and my husband was overseas for 18 months of it and now he is back and we are wanting to start this chapter of our lives..
Today is Saturday, I am now 6w 4d pregnant I went in for an US 4 days ago (6w) and was told that there was only a small sac the size of maybe 4 weeks. I am certain of my dates but the doc says that I could of ovulated up to 7-10 days later than expected and put off my timing. I have also had brown spotting. HCG levels age going up as expected, doubling. Friday they were 4200 and monday they were 7600 (after they are past 1200 they should double every 72-96hrs. doubling 24-48 hours is only hcg levels less then >1200. My only concern is the dark brown spotting when I wipe. I go for blood work on Monday and Have 2nd US on Tuesday. I have had 3 prior miscarriages but the last one was 2 years ago. I will keep my hopes high and be positive because being negative may actually hurt you. I will update this in 3 days. :-)
Hello everyone I have been reading these all say long to find comfort in my situation.  All you are wonderful and have given me hope and I just wanted to t=let you know that.  I hope that everything works out for all of you.  I wanted to ask a few questions maybe you guys could give me some ensite because the doctors arnt telling me anything.  I am currently around 8/Ws i think cause im not sure of the date of the first day of my last period.  I noticed a little spotting yesterday not enough to wear a pad just enough to see it after i have used the restroom.  I went to the emergancy room because i was frightend this is my irst pregnancy.  they said that my levels were a little low for hoe far along i am and told me to follow up with my OB this morning which i did.  She did an U/S and said that she couldnt find a heart beat and told me to come back in a week and i am deathly affraid that i am going to miscarry because she did mention that word today.  So should i be worried how many weeks does it take to get a heart beat?  could it just be taking my baby alittle longer? i am very worried i want this baby more than anything.  any of you had anyting like this happen?
I am 9 wks and 5 days pregnant my dd is March 11th. My hcg levels at 5wks 6 days were only going up by 50% instead of doubling. My doctor ordered an u/s and we were able to see the baby and a strong heartbeat (120 bpm) at 6wks and 2days. I went to see a high risk doctor (I am diabetic and have an under- active thyroid) at 8wks and again we saw a beautiful baby with a heartbeat of 159 bpm. I just want to say that I understand that there are circumstances that can prevent you from seeing the baby right away (conception date off, tilted uterus etc...), however for me it is difficult to understand how people hold out hope for weeks and weeks when it is obvious there is not a baby. When there is a fetal pole, there is no missing the gray little blob (the baby), the yoke sac, the fetal sack and the flutter of the heartbeat. I am not trying to upset anyone, I just want it understood that the ultrasound machines do not have to be high powered, the technician doesn't have to be the best, when there is a baby it is extremely difficult to miss it even with my and my husband's untrained eye (first child). You have basically a black hole (the sack) which takes up the majority of the screen and gray matter (the baby) floating in it.
I am nearly 12 weeks p/g (my first) by date and due to have my first main scan next week.  It's a nuchal scan.  Here in the UK (or at least where I am) we don't do doppler tests to see heart beats or check hcg levels, or certainly I have not had any of that done.  

I had no reason to think there was a problem though til on Tuesday I started haivng a brownish discharge that still continues.  We went for an ultrasound that showed an empty sac only measuring 6 weeks.  

It was a devastating blow for my husband and I and we are finding it hard to get over.  I have to have another scan next week but I fear the worst that this pregnancy has just not worked.  I have been helped by all your comments and also to read up on the problem. It is also a relief to know that for the most part women go on to have perfectly healthy successful pregnancies.  It's just not meant to be this time.
Hello everyone--I had my first doctor's appointment this morning, was super excited. He did the ultrasound and all he could see was a sac, no fetal pole/heartbeat. I'm extremely frightened and don't know what to do. I'm going to get my hormone levels tested tomorrow morning and again in 48 hours. My next doctor's appointment is in five days--do you think by then maybe he'll be able to see something? I'm an emotional wreck right now-not sure if I should begin to come to terms with the possibility of miscarriage or if I should keep my hopes up. This is my first pregnancy. My mother and sister say that I'm overreacting and that I shouldn't be upset but I can't help it! Also, would it be smart for me to maybe get a second opinion? Any advice sure would be helpful right now....Thank you.
If I am 7 weeks and 6 days pregnant as per today.  When did I conceive?
Hello everyone,

Today I also had an US and was only able to see the sac of the baby. The doctors are looking at it this way the first day of my last period was July 22 ending 27th...July 22 during the day I went into ER to see if I was pregnant  and they did blood work and everything and I wasnt pregnant. I found out a week ago I am because I was about 1 week late on my period. I was not with my husband until two weeks after Aug 1 because he had back surgery and when he was feeling better we tried to have babies again and we prayed about it and it turned out I was pregnant. So i think the doctor is off by calculating me at 7 weeks and 2 days when I had my period and wasnt with my husband until two weeks after surgery. Is there a possibility that I should be around 4 weeks cuz 7 weeks sounds off to me. Please help. I had a miscarriage 5 months ago and Im afraid its happening again. Thank you all.
Hello to everyone.Wondering if any one has been in my situation.I had Ivf done. Retrieval date 07 Aug, transfer date 10 aug, putting 5 fertilized embryos back. 20 aug found out we were preg.Hcg levels doubled at a normal rate. 05 Sept 1st u/s saw a fetal pole, but no heartbeat. 12 sept 2nd u/s no fetal pole, no heartbeat. Two different doctors did ultrasounds on different machines, Saw a little bleeding on the inside next to overies. I was told I would misscarry. I am on progesterone oil so i was told it could prevent me from having a misscarriage.I was told I was 7 weeks and a heartbeat should b seen. Took HCg levels they were 39,554. 14 sept HCG levels went up to 46,265. 15 sept I got a second opinion u/s. Found a fetal pole and what looked like a sac. Only measured 4 weeks. when I should be 7 1/2 weeks. 16 sept HCG levels 52,556. 18 Sept HCG levels of 55,977. I am still feeling nausiated constantly and throw up daily. I am very tired all the time.Very confused, any body have any info?  
I am so sorry that your going through this it must be very hard I had a dnc done like 2 weeks ago I was 7 weeks preg but their was no baby just a sac.My HCG levels went up perfect at first then they started going up like just by 10,000 my Doctor said I was going to need a DNC  which I done it's very hard I know I wish you all the luck..
hello everyone,
Ive been reading bloggs like this for the past 4 days. I had a sonogram on monday an internal one. They only saw a sack. It messured @ 7WKS 4DY.The dr told me i was probably going to miss carry and asked me if i wanted a dnc.I dont believe that im that far along maybe like 5 and a half weeks im unsure because my last period was the second week of april but i spotted the second week of may so maybe that was my actual last period.They havent done any blood work and im scheduled for another sonogram next fri.I dont have any signs of a misscarriage no spotting or anything . I also read that haiving a tilted uterus could make it difficult to see the baby early on.I'm scaired to deathand its all i can think about. We were so exsited when we found out i was preg now we dont even really talk about it because we dont want to get our hopes up. But its all i can think about.Could any one give us advice.
I had the same problem last July. I had my period but wasn't normal had soar press and pain in stomach. I took preganncy test and said I was pregnant. Went to the Health Department ot confirm that I was. My hormones level was reading extremley high. They said I was five weeks pregnant. I started spotting. Went to the er sac measure seven weeks but nothing there. Went to the Dr. kept running test and giving me transvaginal ultrasound nothing there. Waited weeks later still nothing there. Me and my boyfrind was so hurt. Had a DNC after the fact. Now me and boyfriend use protection. He is still scared and so am I. I also have irregular periods.I want a child so bad. My boobs aree soar and my breast keep itching. I haven't seen AF this month still have some more days left....
Hello. My wife took 6 pregnancy tests and they all came back positive so she did the math and figured we were at 8 weeks when we went in for our first u/s. We could clearly see a sac but the nurse said it looked like we were at about 5 weeks.
We couldn't hear a heartbeat so my wife started to freak out.
The nurse told us the sac had perfect shape but she couldn't see anything so whe told us to wait til our next appointment which is in a week.
This is our first pregnancy, and I don't know how to be there for my wife. All she keeps saying is that she is going to m/c. I tell her to try and relax and let nature take its course, but I know that is easier said than done...
Any suggestions?
Just be as understanding as possible. I am in a similar situation right now. Very hard for us to go through the ups and downs of joy and sadness. Plus hormones! Just let your wife know you love her and are there for her.
Hi Aggie12: My wife is pregnant. As I was reading your article, some of the things about Medical Science aggravate me by knowing your situation. Pregnancy and pregnancy symptoms are as old as humankind and the Medical science as well. If doctors are relying on U/S, then they should be able to read it right. If doctors are neglecting pregnant physiology, then I think doctors and hence medical science are becoming stupid day by day. I mean what’s the point of medical science in this concern if they have to rely on a picture (U/S) and they can’t read the picture right. Then why we even need a doctor? We can read our own ultrasound pictures!  My wife and I went to see her doctor and my wife told doctor about her home positive test and I also explained to doctor about my wife’s physiological changes. Doctor completely denied it!!! Two dates later it was proved by a lab test. So, then what was role of the doctor. Just to frustrate us and not listen to or observe to physiological changes. I told my wife that she had to consider herself and treat herself as pregnant and do not listen to doctor, and we proved So, my suggestions to all pregnant women with my highest respect that use your common sense and old wisdom; use doctor’s world as one of the suggestions provided by any layman, because pregnancy started before medical science and the old wisdom still works.
Hey everyone..So i had my last period on 11/9/10 and took 4 pregnancy tests on 12/8/10 and all of them came out positive. So i set up my Dr appt for 1/4/11. Went to the ultrasound yesterday and all she found was a sac and told me that the pregnancy was bad. I balled..this is my 3rd pregnancy and have 2 beautiful girls so nothing like this has ever happened to me. She saw how upset i was so she sent me up to the hospital for an HcG test. Of course i was expecting it to be low, the thot of having a miscarriage is already in my mind and im trying to just accept the fact that this baby just didnt develop. But when i went back to her a few hrs later she told me my lvls were higher than what she expected them to be and i have to go back tomorrow for another blood draw. Ive had some spotting and brown discharge but when i called they reassured me its implantation bleeding and its normal yada yada yada. Which this of course i knew becuz ive had two babies and had bleeding with them. Anyway she told me if my lvls double then it could possibly be a good pregnancy i am just alot earlier in pregnancy than i think..which doesnt make sense to me cuz that would only make me like a week or two pregnant when i took the tests and i think thats to early to tell on a HPT. So my hopes are not very high, as i read some of ur stories and they resulted in a good outcome it gives me a sparkle of hope and faith but then it sizzles out just as soon as it lit up. Im expecting a bad reading on my lvls tomorrow. I dont want to be negative about this but it just doesnt make sense to only be 4-5 weeks pregnant unless i ovulated later but i dont know..anyways..grats to those of u who have had good outcomes. I just hope all goes well with mine either way it goes..dont want anymore complications.
Hello I'm also having the same situation.No symptoms
What happened:
-I had pt and it's negative

-I also had trans rectal ultrasound during 6 weeks and the doctor can't see anything.

-I had a blood pregnancy test
No pregnancy symptoms except.
except for sore breast, I'm having pms and my back hurts. I also can't sleep good and wakes up early because of pain. no so much it's tolerable

-I had spotting

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and no symptoms.I had blood test with the range 0-5 and I got 5.030 and the doctor said it's positive.

what's going on. Is my HCG low for 8 weeks? Or I'm having problem.. :( They can't tell coz they can't see anything trough ultrasound too.

Hi I have a question, I have a very irregular period...last cycle was 49,51 & 63 days, my LMP was 4th November 2011, and I have all this symptoms since 16th November, headache daily, nausea without vomiting, dizziness feel of fainting, lower back pain, tiredness, cramping on and off daily, and no any spotting or bleeding since then, please note before i have taken norcolut to postponement my  period for my wedding day for 2 weeks (20th Oct-3rd Nov) once i stop i had the period my LMP (4th nov) due to all the symptoms i have taken 7 pregnancy test all negative and 1 abdominal ultrasound in 5 weeks negative. can anybody advice me...im feeling so sick of this...
Wow, i am just as nervous.. i had my transvaginal today and supposedly im am 7 weeks and a sac was the only thing that was visible. My hcg levels are almost at 6,000. dont know what is gonna happen other than i will leave it in gods hand and i pray you do the same...
i"m 6 weeks pregnant my hcg start by 28 then 61 then 143 (each after 48 hours) but 143 increased to 243 after 96 hours!!!!!!! am i miscarrying or i"ll continue my pregnancy plzzz help me
What happend with yours? I am in the same boat now.
Our first pregnancy was a triplets miscarriage :( so this one has got me crazy. I should be 7weeks along, but the u/s only showed signs that it was just a yolk sac maybe 5 weeks. We did the 48 hr  HCG test and the doc said my levels did rise just not as much as he would like to see them.

I hope everything is going well for you, it is a horrible thing to lose your precious babies.
I took a home pregnancy test about 3 weeks ago and it came back positive. I went to the doctor and they did a sonogram the same day I went. They had said it might be too early because all he saw was the sac and nothing else. He said I might just be about 4 weeks. I went back today (only a week later) and they did a transvaginal u/s and the tech said it was about 7 weeks and still saw nothing but the sac. I am very worried and don't know what think or what I should do.
I found out I was pregnant july 19th had u/s on 24th they didnt c no baby so she said it could three things,abnormal pregnancy miscarriage or its too early to tell.Help me im scared I go back tuesday august six
Am 7wks pregnant..went to see a doc, had an ultra sound but there was no baby in the womb.. Did a test and it turned out positive.. They said I have to go back after 12days.. Am worried.. But trusting God for good results.. Its until you go through this things that you know how strong women are.. Still waiting..