Maternal & Child Community
7 day late period, should i worry?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

7 day late period, should i worry?

I'm 19 years old, and am in a LTR, i have taken pregnancy tests before for being late twice, but those have been after 2 days late and i got my period the next day. The last period i had was 18-feb-2010 to 22-feb-2010. My cycle is typically 34 days on the dot except for those 2 times i took the test which means i should have gotten it 24-mar-10. So i figured i would just wait because it would probably show up in no time. After 5 days i told my boyfriend and he wanted me to take a test for his peace of mind i took it and it was negative with no hint of being positive. I am now 7 days late for my period, i haven't had any unusual stress or anything and there was one time where the condom may have slipped up with my bf and i. Looking at pregnancy symptoms the only ones i can relate to are missed period, nausea, and tiredness. This time i just have a feeling that i might be pregnant although i'm worried that it could just be me freaking out. Any suggestions? should i take another test or wait it out?
Just an update, my period still hasn't come in just a couple hours i'll be 12 days late for my period.I took 2 other hpt's one in mid day while 8 days late which was a little fuzzy but i'm pretty sure it was negative and one first morning urine at 9 days late which was negative. I've sort of calmed down i'm not freaking out about it anymore, i still would LOVE to know what's up with my body but right now i'm just going to play the waiting game. I've realized that either way it's not a huge deal because i wasn't TTC. I have a doctors appointment for 27-apr-10, which is a little over 3 weeks from now and it's actually the day that i would be expecting my next period had i not missed this one completely. So if i'm still sans period in about a week i'll try a hpt again. I'll update this at that time.
So, period still hasn't come, and definitely feels like it's not going to come anytime soon. I went to a teen clinic on Thursday, the of course did a urine test and it was negative which didn't surprise me. I grilled the doctor with questions on what it could possibly be but she basically said i don't think you're pregnant, but take another test in a week. She said most of the time they don't know why you would skip your period but she gave me a birth control prescription even though i told her i wouldn't feel comfortable taking it until i know what's up. But now it's officially 18 days late so i'm not quite sure what to think but my doctors appointment is on the day my next period would be scheduled had this one actually come. So if AF still isn't here i will be requesting a blood test and possibly an ultrasound.
Soo i got what i believe to be my period @ 23 days late. Normally it's 2 days extra heavy, 2 days heavy, 1 day medium, 1 day light. But this time it's 2 days extra heavy 2 days light. But it's such a relief to know an answer. I don't know whether it's worth mentioning to the doctor. We'll see. I'm on tricyclen lo again now just to regulate things and there will hopefully be no scares now.