Maternal & Child Community
7 wks pregnant, no heartbeat, fetal pole seen

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi!  I am new to this site so bear with me.  I have two healthy little boys and have no trouble conceiving and everything went perfect with them.  I became pregnant recently while on the pill and had bleeding and clotting and cramps, dr said it was a m/c.  Couple days later u/s from that night showed yolk sac with fetal pole.  I've been to the doctor constantly for the last four weeks for u/s and hcg levels.  They have been rising but not doubling.  They're guessing I'd be about 6-7 weeks along, my hcg now is about 13,000.  I had low progesterone count so I'm on supplements.  They can't give me an answer if the baby is okay or not and said too early for due date on u/s.  Can't find a hb.  Do you think it's still to early and has anyone gone through this not knowing, it's been a month already since this whole thing happened.  I'd appreciate some advice.
I had an ultrasound done a couple weeks ago, I was around 6-7 weeks and didn't hear a heartbeat. The doctor didn't seem worried at all and I go back Monday and should get a hb then. I'm sure everything is fine, it's just a little early. Oh, and when I was pregnant with my little boy I didn't hear a hb until 9 weeks and he was perfectly healthy. I hope this eases your mind a little!
Thanks so much!  I can't believe how early I already go a reply.  This really makes me feel better, I figured it was early.  I know, also, a lot of people experience all sorts of bleeding and everything is fine.  I understand drs don't know how things are going to turn out, especially when things are early, but it would sure be nice to find out what's in store for us.  Thanks again!  I get more hcg levels on monday and will update then.
I recommend checking out a similar post below for an incredible story from one of the responders on a post by noille on 11/24/2006 entitled "UPDATE, SOOOOOO CONFUSED"

I wish you the best.
Thank you for that name, I looked at it and our stories seem similar.  I appreciate your help!
I hope it made you feel better ... I know I was amazed when I read through some of those stories. I know there have been other similar posts recently, but I just can't remember any of the names. I wish you the best. Please keep us updated.
I had a D&C last week.  I got the pathology back and it was a blighted ovum.  I wish the doctor wouldn't have been so optimistic but appreciate that she did everything she could.  It is so hard when things don't show up until maybe 8 weeks and you just have to keep waiting.  I'm amazed at just how common this is and hard to believe things happen that are out of our control.  You do everything you can to ensure a healthy baby and it's just not enough sometimes but we're all doing okay and thanks for all your thoughts.