8 weeks pregnant. low HCG and bleeding
Hi, this is my first pregnancy and as of Monday i am 8 weeks 2 days pregnant and i have been bleeding for a week its not bad bleeding at all and its not clots its like stringy. I went to the hosp and they told me i have a 50 50 chance of loosing my baby, they did find the heartbeat but it was low also my HCG levels are up and then down and then back up, I dont have cramping at all but my stomach feels bruised or like i pulled a muscle. When i bleed i dont even come close to filling up a pad. And today my ob wanted me to get a D&C but i dont feel like iv lost my baby i still "feel" pregnant i still have all my pregnancy symptoms and everything and also my grandmother bleed during her pregnancys until month 6. has anyone else had and gone on to have healthy babys? I honestly dont feel like im loosing or have lost my baby. PLEASE HELP ME IM SCARED!
I think first off I would call your OB. Then have them test your hcg even though at 8 weeks I think it's going to start to plateau.  You need your regular Dr. to give  you an u/s and make the right diagnosis. When you say the Hb was low, how low?  The hcg #'s should never go down then back up either. I'm concerned for the few findings and the bleeding. The bleeding would not be a hereditary thing. Contact your OB. Sorry you are going through this :0(
hCG would go down and then up if there was a lab mistake, or if you had more than one embryo and lost one but the other was still going.  The latter scenario can be accompanied by bleeding without harming the remaining embryo.  If your ob-gyn suggests a D&C, I would question him or her on what he thinks is going on.  If there is still a heartbeat, I certainly would not agree to a D&C.  It is not going to hurt you to wait a week or two and then have a scan.  Have you had an ultrasound yet at all?  You should insist on one (to be read by your regular doctor, not the ER doctor) before agreeing to any further procedure.  Watching and waiting will not harm you at this point.