Aa
A
A
Close
437027 tn?1286834778
9 month old with a cold
My nine month old has a runny nose and a cough. Does anyone have any remedies that are safe that can help? Of course there is no medicine that you can give a baby for these symptoms but everytime he coughs it seems like it hurts him.  I hesitate to put him on antibiotics again unless I have to. I know it's not good for him and he has already been on them at least 3 times since he was born.

Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Vics vapor rub on his feet for cough n congestion, and humidifier, keep nose suctioned as much as possible
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
208686 tn?1293034103
Montie I give Brayden sniffles 'n sneezes from Hylands homeopathic remedies. I was recommended to break down the dosage in half because he is so little, but it does help tremendously.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
145992 tn?1341348674
Run a shower with hot water and really steam up the bathroom.  Sit in there with him for a good amount of time.  You may hear his congestion breaking up a bit.  Definitely use a humidifier.  Tylenol doesn't help with a cough but it could make him feel more comfortable.  Saline nose drops and suck out as much as you can.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
189192 tn?1261345228
Sorry your little man is sick.  I hope he gets better soon... I don't have any cough advice. Knock on wood, we haven't had to deal with that yet.  Maybe a humidifier would help.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
Top Children's Health Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Blank